Have to say, the quest sounds a little...well..."silly" is probably the best term, but I'll reserve judgment until we get a chance to see how it actually plays out (especially with the rest of the cycle).

The player cards, though, look pretty good!  Keep Watch will go great in a Dunedain deck, trying to stay engaged with several enemies constantly!

I like the fact that we seem to be getting some Harad allies through the cycle, and if i get this right we will get a Mumak mount?

Probably at least as an Objective-Attachment in one or more of the quests.

With each new announcement that doesn't mention Palantiri, magic rings or other artifacts my desperation grows worse. 

Also, the idea of this quest sounds really silly to me. We're actually going to hunt Oliphaunts to use as mounts? That sounds like some joke someone from COTR came up with "cuz it's cool". Wait, it actually is.

This sounds very fanCOTRservicy to be honest.

The Harad ally is by far the best thing about this.

Edited by Gizlivadi

I'm very excited for this new cycle, because Harad is my favorite setting in Middle-earth.

Wonderful player cards and upcoming Harad allies, also The Mûmakil comes with a new Ranger hero. Who should be? :o

Edited by fbnaulin

With each new announcement that doesn't mention Palantiri, magic rings or other artifacts my desperation grows worse. 

Take it easy, friend. We would be there someday. By now, enjoy the ride! (I'm sure you are). :)

Edited by fbnaulin

Hunting party clearly is one of the dual trait cards.  "committed" certainly is part of "committed to the quest", and "non-unique" likely refers to an encounter card, but the "reveal" is usually revealing from the encounter deck.  That would make replacing a non-unique enemy with another revealed card possible, except that I don't generally want to do that, let alone pay 1 for it.  So it's got to be something cooler.

The song of hope has you pay 1 resource for something and is limited to one per hero, so I'm guessing it's a very useful effect.

Mighty Warrior is interesting, in that it replaces itself, so it's only the 1 resource that costs, not the deck space.  But making a hero a warrior isn't worth 1 tactics resource for the cards we have, so there (hopefully) is something really cool coming for warriors in the next pack.  (I don't think Coney in a Trap qualifies on that score.)

Hmmmm this is an interesting pack. I have to say that I do somewhat agree with others saying this quest seems silly and/or forced. It also definitely gives that fan service feel... "whats that? you guys always wanted to ride a Mumakil but couldn't? Well now you can!". I'm going to withhold final judgement however as the tales throughout the cycles and deluxe boxes have been really great and stick to the lore pretty perfectly (especially in the last few cycles) so maybe taming and riding some Mumakil makes sense for the storyline of this cycle. Still seems pretty cheesy though...

Also not sure I agree that this Harad ally is such a great thing either to be honest. That is for one reason; that she seems to intimate there will be not just a few Harad allies but potentially a whole ton of them. Do we really want them to almost be a faction of there own? At this point there is no doubt in my mind that we will get at least one Harad hero in this cycle considering we will soon receive a Corsair hero (and we don't have ANY corsair allies but we will be getting Harad allies..) in the current one. I am totally happy to receive a few special Harad allies but if we get too many and then Harad heroes it will become its own faction which to me is really weird. I get that Harad is only under Sauron's sway because of fear and whatnot and that many of its people are not that different from other free people of middle earth but to be able to play a "Harad Deck" just seems so weird and wrong to me.. Really hope that we only see like 3 or 4 special Harad allies we can include in our decks rather than a whole ton of them. Not that I play only thematic decks or anything but for those who do the only thematic way of using them I can think of is in a Gondor deck by picturing them as refugees/turncoats from Harad that want to oppose the Dark Lord. 

The other player cards are more exciting to me and I love that we will be seeing plenty of cards that reward us for playing with multiple traits. Really hoping we get some strong Dunedain + Noldor cards and that they don't just skip that trait combo because they already gave us Tale of Tinuviel...... that would suck so hard....
Also really hope we get some cards that require different traits from the same race such as Gondor + Rohan and to me personally much more importantly Silvan + Noldor. 

Coney in a Trap is a nice Lore verison of Feint that requires a ranger and warrior character. I wonder if any other of these trait oriented cards we get are slightly different versions of existing cards/effects in other spheres that also require characters of various traits so that the "sphere bleed" is not as heavy. 

Also we get this snippet: "Additionally, there are several player cards that become more powerful when you complete side quests, including an exciting new Ranger hero! But we can get to that later…"
So it seems as though not only will we get various player cards that become more powerful when you complete side quests (there is one in the victory display) but we will also get a hero that is somewhat based on side quests/completing side quests.

I am really excited about all this love for side quests as I am a big fan of player side quests and have included Gather Information and Send for Aid in my decks since they were released. I really like the design of the previous side quest we saw that allows players to pay for their first ally each turn with any resources and this newly revealed one that gives engaged enemies -1 attack that both only benefit you once they are in the victory display but I am more excited to see player cards that power up once a side quest is in the victory display as they will work well with old side quests like Gather Information and Send for Aid as well as the new ones. 

Overall I think that we are going to get AMAZING player cards with some great mechanics and abilities as well as some really interesting and different quests. Alongside the whole theme of being stuck in a foreign land trying to get back to Gondor I think that the theme will be discovering that many of the peoples of Harad are actually against the Dark Lord and that it is almost like a nation enslaved by fear and deceit (hence harad allies and whatnot). I imagine there will be a full on desert quest with those wereworms and some sort of temple or ruin quest in the desert in which we enter ancient underground ruins.

Something that would be really neat for fans of the blue wizards would be a quest in which we discover the cult/following that they tried to lead against the Dark Lord and have to help them escape their own lands or alternatively help them find some hidden desert base they can live in and recruit more followers to. 

So has anybody else noticed that the article says it will be out Q4 2016? That seems fast to me. That means FGG plans to ship 3 Dreamchaser APs, the Sands of Harad deluxe, and the first AP of the Harad cycle in the next 5 months.

5 products in 5 months is faster than our usual feast/famine cycle, if I'm not mistaken.

So has anybody else noticed that the article says it will be out Q4 2016? That seems fast to me. That means FGG plans to ship 3 Dreamchaser APs, the Sands of Harad deluxe, and the first AP of the Harad cycle in the next 5 months.

5 products in 5 months is faster than our usual feast/famine cycle, if I'm not mistaken.

The keyword being "plans".

This cycle doesn't sounds good for me. ....

Hope we will get a blue mages here or. .... I will be disappointed

Harad is in the south. The blue wizards went east.

But Harad is one of the most eastern countries, too.

It could be quite possible to find a trace of them. I doubt that we will (ever) see blue wizards in person, but find some clues (stories, artifacts etc.) about/from them, similiar to shadow of mordor (the Videogame) where some Texts about the blue wizards were "hidden" in items.