Sign in to follow this  
chriscook

What do you outfit the Battle Cruiser with?

In theory, we all keep them trim and on a budget.

In reality, this is the sort of thing I see most often in games.

[ flagship ] MC80 Battle Cruiser (103 points)
Mon Karren  ( 8  points)
-  Intel Officer  ( 7  points)
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points)
-  Nav Team  ( 4  points)
-  Spinal Armament  ( 9  points)
-  X17 Turbolasers  ( 6  points)
-  Leading Shots  ( 4  points)

I'd criticize it if I hadn't seen it go straight through several fleets and out the other side :D

I have been running the Madine Liberty for awhile now. The Battle Cruiser is better than the Star Cruiser in my opinion. For 7pts you get the extra red die in the front so spinal armament isn't a requirement with the bonus of an extra black AA die for anti squadron attacks. Also, Gunnery Teams, Leading shots, and the Mon Karren title are pretty much auto includes for me. Intel officer and XI7 are overkill with the MK title on it. As a carrier ship, Raymus+Flight Controllers+Liberty title work very well too. With this build, I then add Leading Shots+XI7. If you want the nastiest ship on the block, run the Battle Cruiser+Gunnery Team+Leading Shots+Spinal Armament+XI7 or H9+MK to really push the damage through. I just love throwing 5 reds, 3 blues, + CF with rerolls...

In theory, we all keep them trim and on a budget.

In reality, this is the sort of thing I see most often in games.

[ flagship ] MC80 Battle Cruiser (103 points)

Mon Karren  ( 8  points)

-  Intel Officer  ( 7  points)

-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points)

-  Nav Team  ( 4  points)

-  Spinal Armament  ( 9  points)

-  X17 Turbolasers  ( 6  points)

-  Leading Shots  ( 4  points)

I'd criticize it if I hadn't seen it go straight through several fleets and out the other side :D

Mon Karren with all those upgrades, so much redundancy. 

I will say, unless you're putting Lando elsewhere, he is a really solid choice on either Liberty.  If both those braces get locked down you need some alternative damage mitigation.

I personally like the Star Cruiser better, as the 4 blues are nice, but gunnery teams is good on both.

For the Star Cruiser, I try to keep it on the cheap side, and make sure there is leading shots.  

I think Mon Karren with XI7s is a tad redundant personally, and I try to keep the lib under 130 if I can, because it is a big target that will get a lot of attention, and I'd rather not hand over too many points.