Sign in to follow this  
ObiWonka

Squinting at Things So You Don't Have To!

Shouldn't sabine's tie have a condition? I'd assume it would have to do with captain Rex and his abilities as you can kinda see his name

You're absolutely right! Probably assigned by either Captain Rex card (similar to Matt the Radar Technician Kylo Ren). Something about "When attacking", "When ... targeting", and "At the end" of a phase. Perhaps even a different effect whether it's assigned by the Pilot card or the Crew card?

"•Surprise!"

Edited by ObiWonka

I'm looking forward to seeing how accurate you end up being. Many of your assumptions seem right on. Conditions seem interesting so far, I just don't want to see them subverting the dogfighting aspect of the game too much.

Thus far, conditions seem more or less to be a way to add a whole lot more text to one or more cards, kind of like the ARC and TIE/sf titles.

If your estimation on Captured TIE is correct, then holy crap Sabine's TIE is going to be the best blocker ever. Particularly since Black Market Slicer Tools isn't an attack...

I for one hope it's not correct. 'enemy can't attack you until you do X' is a mechanic I hope not to see in X-wing.

Wouldn't "A Debt to Pay" have to be slightly beneficial to the ship which has it assigned to it? That seems wild to me to have a 0 point upgrade which a) gives you full range RAC ability, and b) a non-discarding crack shot, against your opponents best ship. I guess it could flop against things like swarms, but still, 0 points for those effects? Wow. @_@

If your estimation on Captured TIE is correct, then holy crap Sabine's TIE is going to be the best blocker ever. Particularly since Black Market Slicer Tools isn't an attack...

I would wager a guess that it is much more likely to be PS than Agl. If high PS represents 'good'

pilots then a better pilot would be able to notice that the TIE fighter is rebel and not Imperial. Why scum would not shoot is just a case of mechanics trumping story, much like Rebel Captive.

Wouldn't "A Debt to Pay" have to be slightly beneficial to the ship which has it assigned to it? That seems wild to me to have a 0 point upgrade which a) gives you full range RAC ability, and b) a non-discarding crack shot, against your opponents best ship. I guess it could flop against things like swarms, but still, 0 points for those effects? Wow. @_@

It has a callus-problem.

it takes up a HIGHLY valuable slot and works only against one ship

and as such is a complete failure when enemy has more than one powerhouse.

Actually I think some of your "squints" are a bit off the mark.

For Captain Rex (TIE) it's probably an assignment of the condition. Also, the text you proposed is much to long for the text visible in the box.

For the captured TIE it's probably related to pilot skill and not agility. That also makes sense of the inclusion of Veteran Instincts.

I for one hope it's not correct. 'enemy can't attack you until you do X' is a mechanic I hope not to see in X-wing.

I don't see a problem with this, it's only on a TIE Fighter.

Besides, Palp Aces are invincible. You're allowed to attack them sure, but it's not going to do anything. They effectively already have this type of mechanic, the 'X' is just, "Kill the shuttle first". Just because it's your only option doesn't mean it's a good one. You go after the Aces first and you're super duper ****** because your attacks do nothing and you still have the shuttle shooting at you, or choose instead to be merely super ****** and go after the shuttle first while the Aces tear you apart and you no longer have enough ships left to beat the remaining aces that are more efficient than your leftover ships.

So an invincible TIE Fighter? Still cabbage, pure cabbage.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

I don't see a problem with this, it's only on a TIE Fighter.

Besides, Palp Aces are invincible. You're allowed to attack them sure, but it's not going to do anything. They effectively already have this type of mechanic, the 'X' is just, "Kill the shuttle first". Just because it's your only option doesn't mean it's a good one. You go after the Aces first and you're super duper ****** because your attacks do nothing and you still have the shuttle shooting at you, or choose instead to be merely super ****** and go after the shuttle first while the Aces tear you apart and you no longer have enough ships left to beat the remaining aces that are more efficient than your leftover ships.

So an invincible TIE Fighter? Still cabbage, pure cabbage.

It removes agency from the player, and it's also silly from a fluff perspective in rebel vs. scum and even moreso in rebel vs. rebel games.

PS: Some of us here actually manage to kill ' Invincible' Palp Aces just fine.

Edited by LordBlades

It has a callus-problem.

While the mechanic has some shortcomings I am pretty sure dice modification against + debuff for your opponents key ship would be ridicules for 0 points. I am almost certain A Debt to Pay also helps the target.    

Tech: Hyper[space]

Comm [booster]

At the [start of the]

"Place Forc[es" step, you may]

choose to t[reat your pilot skill]

value as "0" [until the end of]

the s[tep.]

During the ["Place Forces" step,]

friendly [ships may be placed at]

Range 1 [of you, .........................]

1 [...................................]

[...............]

I assume it will allow you to place ships outside your starting area.   

Edited by Duskwalker

It has a callus-problem.

But Crack Shot is a point more, fills the same slot, only works against 1 ship as well (although you do get to determine that ship in the compare results phase), and is discarded after one use. And Crack Shot also doesn't allow you to change a focus to a crit. The only thing Crack Shot has over A Score to Settle if OP is correct is it isn't telegraphed, but that, in my opinion, while something, is hardly enough to reason that A Score to Settle should be 0 points.