Sign in to follow this  
Jiron

Who do you want canonized?

TIE Defenders, Decimators, Hwks, Z-95s, YT-2400s, and YV-666s are all canon. If you look at it, there hasn't been a single wave that hasn't had a canon ship in it.

True, but many of these are canon immigrants. They have been canonized.

Jodo Kast

Corran Horn 

Gavin Darklighter

Clone Commandos and the Null ARCs with Vau and Skirata

Hand of Judgement

Mara Jade

Mirax and Booster Terrik

Tallon Karrde

and last but not least...

Juno Eclipse

Ooh!  If Booster's on the list, can we throw the Errant Venture on there, too?

Jodo Kast

Corran Horn 

Gavin Darklighter

Clone Commandos and the Null ARCs with Vau and Skirata

Hand of Judgement

Mara Jade

Mirax and Booster Terrik

Tallon Karrde

and last but not least...

Juno Eclipse

Clone Commandos are canon. Since they were TCW before the EU was de-canonized, the commandos never left canon.

DeltaSquadSev-TCWs3BR2.png

Clone Commandos are canon. Since they were TCW before the EU was de-canonized, the commandos never left canon.

DeltaSquadSev-TCWs3BR2.png

However, the commando canon is limited to only Delta Squad, and only a 30 second cameo. Would be nice to have everyone back and actually have a story.

This is precisely why I insist Star Wars became popular in spite of Lucas, rather than because of him.  Even in the original trilogy, apparently the writers had to keep making sure Lucas didn't screw stuff up by focusing more on special effects and action sequences than on developing characters and telling a good story (like he did in the prequels).

You sound like a hater. :P

Personally I think GL was a huge factor who made star wars great. But so were a lot of other people and GL has a lot of weaknesses too. Here a quote which should give a good idea why the prequels sucked and from what weaknesses I am talking

Regarding A New Hope:

Lucas later commented on the contributions of Huyck and Katz, in the book Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays:

Dialogue has never been my strong point, and so I talked to Willard and Gloria and asked them to do a quick dialogue polish. I gave them the fourth draft of the script, and they just improved the dialogue where they felt they could make a contribution. Then I took their changes, and sometimes I rewrote some of their lines. Some of their dialogue of course changed again when we started shooting. Some of it survived; some of it didn’t. They did about thirty percent of the dialogue.

The cast agreed with Lucas' assessment of his dialogue-related shortcomings. Carrie Fisher, Mark Hammil, and others frequently teased Lucas about this, and it is touched upon in audio commentary tracks and making-of documentaries. Harrison Ford was particularly outspoken, and his difficulties with Lucas' dialogue led him to improvise many of his lines in the series.

Ford famously told George Lucas, concerning the clunky dialogue in "Star Wars,"

"George, you can type this ****, but you sure as hell can't say it."

Harrison Ford later confirmed this:

"I told George: 'You can't say that stuff. You can only type it.'"

Regarding Ford's improvisation:

Mark Hamill, for one, was amazed at the dedication Ford put into each and every line, stating,

"He'd written things in the margins, saying the same thing basically, but his way. He had an amazing way of keeping the meaning but doing it in a really unique way for his character."

Ironic isn't it? There are similar tales for ESB and ROTJ, which had writers who actually could write dialog. GL can not write dialog to save his life (or franchise), yet he did not get the right kind of help for his prequel movies. Story wise they are perfectly valid, the themes work great and are even surprisingly fitting for the Zeitgeist as the development of the republic mirrors real world events.

But the script is so **** bad, the dialog even bad when written and great actors can not bring the lines convincing. And unlike in the original trilogy we have not actors from a time when improvising dialog was normal. They stayed within the script, a real career killer for Hayden Christensen.

Edited by SEApocalypse

This is precisely why I insist Star Wars became popular in spite of Lucas, rather than because of him.  Even in the original trilogy, apparently the writers had to keep making sure Lucas didn't screw stuff up by focusing more on special effects and action sequences than on developing characters and telling a good story (like he did in the prequels).

You sound like a hater. :P

Personally I think GL was a huge factor who made star wars great. But so were a lot of other people and GL has a lot of weaknesses too. Here a quote which should give a good idea why the prequels sucked and from what weaknesses I am talking

Regarding A New Hope:

Lucas later commented on the contributions of Huyck and Katz, in the book Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays:

Dialogue has never been my strong point, and so I talked to Willard and Gloria and asked them to do a quick dialogue polish. I gave them the fourth draft of the script, and they just improved the dialogue where they felt they could make a contribution. Then I took their changes, and sometimes I rewrote some of their lines. Some of their dialogue of course changed again when we started shooting. Some of it survived; some of it didn’t. They did about thirty percent of the dialogue.

The cast agreed with Lucas' assessment of his dialogue-related shortcomings. Carrie Fisher, Mark Hammil, and others frequently teased Lucas about this, and it is touched upon in audio commentary tracks and making-of documentaries. Harrison Ford was particularly outspoken, and his difficulties with Lucas' dialogue led him to improvise many of his lines in the series.

Ford famously told George Lucas, concerning the clunky dialogue in "Star Wars,"

"George, you can type this ****, but you sure as hell can't say it."

Harrison Ford later confirmed this:

"I told George: 'You can't say that stuff. You can only type it.'"

Regarding Ford's improvisation:

Mark Hamill, for one, was amazed at the dedication Ford put into each and every line, stating,

"He'd written things in the margins, saying the same thing basically, but his way. He had an amazing way of keeping the meaning but doing it in a really unique way for his character."

Ironic isn't it? There are similar tales for ESB and ROTJ, which had writers who actually could write dialog. GL can not write dialog to save his life (or franchise), yet he did not get the right kind of help for his prequel movies. Story wise they are perfectly valid, the themes work great and are even surprisingly fitting for the Zeitgeist as the development of the republic mirrors real world events.

But the script is so **** bad, the dialog even bad when written and great actors can not bring the lines convincing. And unlike in the original trilogy we have not actors from a time when improvising dialog was normal. They stayed within the script, a real career killer for Hayden Christensen.

Well, Hayden Christensen wasn't exactly a stellar actor anyway (yes, I've seen him in other movies).  And you're right:  the weakness of the prequels was not the story itself, but how horribly that story was told.  I just wish George, knowing that writing is not his forte, would have had enough sense to find some decent writers for it.

Though, with the early warning sign known as "The Holiday Special", I suppose we should just count ourselves lucky ESB and RotJ turned out as good as they did.

Are these ships canon?

IG-2000

Mist Hunter

Jump Master 5000

Kihraxz

Scyk

I always figured they weren't. I would like them to be.

At the moment, they're not. I'd be shocked if at the very least all the remaining ESB bounty hunters don't get their ships restored to canon.

Are these ships canon?

IG-2000

Mist Hunter

Jump Master 5000

Kihraxz

Scyk

If these ships aren't canon, they soon will be.  Disney hasn't been changing things when it comes to the iconic Bounty Hunters.  At least, not changing their names or their ship names. 

Hopefully they bring back Manaroo while they're at it. I always liked her.