Sign in to follow this  
Jiron

Who do you want canonized?

Having the Jan Ors and Kyle Katarn characters on Rogue One would be great. 

Outside of that: Avenger, Gunboat, Dash, Mara Jade, Chiss Ascendancy and "The courtship of princess Leia", basically the whole book updated to the new canon with the nightsisters still quarantined by the empire on dathomir, other witch tribes on the planet, but Zabrak males. Oh and still that rancor riding badassness. 

I think that would give up a real nice animated movie. Speaking of animated movies. The Thrawn trilogy as animated movie trilogy. 

Edited by SEApocalypse

Do you have a source for a Vong in an TCW episode? Genuinely curious as to what they'd have done and where they'd have taken that.

One example:

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-clone-wars-unused-art-yuuzhan-vong-boba-fett/

It would have been interesting how they would have handled the Vong. Most likely like a species without midichlorians, which makes even sense in context of the origin of life in the star wars galaxy. The vong are from another galaxy which might simply lack its force planet or had it destroyed before the development of the Vong. 

The EU Vong are terrible imho, but TCW Vong might have ended up interesting. 

Outside of that: Avenger, Gunboat, Dash, Mara Jade, Chiss Ascendancy and "The courtship of princess Leia", basically the whole book updated to the new canon with the nightsisters still quarantined by the empire on dathomir, other witch tribes on the planet, but Zabrak males. Oh and still that rancor riding badassness. 

I think that would give up a real nice animated movie. Speaking of animated movies. The Thrawn trilogy as animated movie trilogy. 

"The courtship of princess Leia" cant happen as in the new canon she and Han were married directly after Endor

"The courtship of princess Leia" cant happen as in the new canon she and Han were married directly after Endor

Lame. 

*sigh* 

Ah well, no Hapan badass force witches for me. 

Are they specific about the timing or is there any room to have the events of the book right after endor? (We do not need Bakkura anyway) 

Edited by SEApocalypse

well the Pope doesn't watch TV (or movies) and apparantly most high officials in the Vatican think Star Wars is sacrilegious (you know that whole immaculate conception, as well as the father the son and the "holy" ghost) so I cant see any one getting a sainthood :P

Canonization is the act by which the Orthodox, Oriental Orthodoxy, Roman Catholic, or Anglican Church declares that a person who has died was a saint, upon which declaration the person is included in the canon, or list, of recognized saints. Originally, people were recognized as saints without any formal process. Later, different processes, such as those used today in the Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches, were developed. 

Bring back the Vong

There was a Vong episode of TCW - but it was one of the unfinished Season 7 episodes. Some have already been released in their current state (The Crystal Crisis On Utapau arc, the Bad Batch arc) - maybe that'll be one as well?
Do you have a source for a Vong in an TCW episode? Genuinely curious as to what they'd have done and where they'd have taken that.

No The Vong are wrong ...... especially in clone wars that all happened before a new hope. The Vong is the worst thing to happen to Stars wars since Voort saBinring.

That's like claiming Gav Thorpe did Chaos Marine players a favor by watering Legions down and neutering competitive choices. I don't understand how one of few legitimately original introductions to SW was negative. Is it because they killed Chewie, or because they didn't justify the Empire or twhirling mustache Darksider as the main antagonist?

Nah I'm joking, preferences. Anyone wish they'd bring uglies back? They're hilariously underated.

To go with one that I haven't seen mentioned yet, the Hand of Judgement.

Oh man, the Hands of Judgement would be awesome. They show another side to the Empire that really should be explored more.

I feel bad for just seeing this. I'd love to just have anything mainline Imperial back, but Disney is even more onesided than Lucas and most of the EU writers. My big problem is how they turned out, and then just get stuck into Thrawn's magical Phalanx. It's like people who shun the notion that Nazi/Wehrmacht pilots and troopers weren't capable of human thought.

The cariculture that they based the Rebels and Empire off of is actually one of SW's greatest flaws. Imo.

Edited by incinerator950

Admiral Demetrius Zaarin, for all us TIE Fighter vets out there.

Zaarin works on the original thread of the Empire being a dehumanizing, technology-obsessed faction that was established briefly in A New Hope. So I'd like him back.

Plus: This kind of ideological backing could help to strenghten the case for why the First Order exists and no one there appears to be 30+ (aside for the Supreme Leader-whose-name-is-so-forgettable), namely having a generation raised in a time when force-wielders were gone and technology the main focus of their society. Then after the death of the Emperor and the reemergence of force-wielder cultural hegemony that generation might -unrightfully- well disinfrachiced culturally. That in turn spawns people who think building Death Star knock-off is a good idea...

Edited by 0rph3u5

Bring back the Vong

There was a Vong episode of TCW - but it was one of the unfinished Season 7 episodes. Some have already been released in their current state (The Crystal Crisis On Utapau arc, the Bad Batch arc) - maybe that'll be one as well?

No The Vong are wrong ...... especially in clone wars that all happened before a new hope. The Vong is the worst thing to happen to Stars wars since Voort saBinring.

That's like claiming Gav Thorpe did Chaos Marine players a favor by watering Legions down and neutering competitive choices. I don't understand how one of few legitimately original introductions to SW was negative. Is it because they killed Chewie, or because they didn't justify the Empire or twhirling mustache Darksider as the main antagonist?

Nah I'm joking, preferences. Anyone wish they'd bring uglies back? They're hilariously underated.

The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime (first book in the Yuuzhan Vong War) came out at the end of the 90's there was a lot of sci fi on the market (tv books movies etc) and the Star Wars Market was in a rut. A phantom Menace came out around the same time. And both of these story lines show me just how much the lost touch with original the Star wars universe.

Hk-47*

Kettch

Mara jade

Soontir and jagged fel

Winter

Jae juun and tarfang, the sullustan and ewok smugglers who were terrible at being smugglers

*in the darth vader comic there was an assassin droid who talked like hk, starting a sentence with "statement" or "query" so people are still thinking about him!

Edited by Cesamasec

One example:

Thanks that's interesting. That would have been weird, but I don't think it's an idea without merit. I rather like a lot of elements from the Vong - they were so alien and an enemy of that was basically a force of nature that could not be reasoned with. I don't think it needed to go in for 19 books though.

To go with one that I haven't seen mentioned yet, the Hand of Judgement.

Oh man, the Hands of Judgement would be awesome. They show another side to the Empire that really should be explored more.
I feel bad for just seeing this. I'd love to just have anything mainline Imperial back, but Disney is even more onesided than Lucas and most of the EU writers. My big problem is how they turned out, and then just get stuck into Thrawn's magical Phalanx. It's like people who shun the notion that Nazi/Wehrmacht pilots and troopers weren't capable of human thought.

The cariculture that they based the Rebels and Empire off of is actually one of SW's greatest flaws. Imo.

In fairness to Disney, we've been given the POV of a Stormtrooper through Finn at least. But the Hand of Judgement weren't for defecting - they were for the Empire but not the corruption within the Empire. You could strip out the Mara Jade and main cast elements from Allegiance, expand the Hand of Judgement and you'd have the premise for a really tight thriller about Stormtroopers on the run righting wrongs in the Empire. Could make a good anthology film, or even something the Rebels crew could encounter.

EDIT: Punctuation

Edited by YelshaNu

well the Pope doesn't watch TV (or movies) and apparantly most high officials in the Vatican think Star Wars is sacrilegious (you know that whole immaculate conception, as well as the father the son and the "holy" ghost) so I cant see any one getting a sainthood :P

Canonization is the act by which the Orthodox, Oriental Orthodoxy, Roman Catholic, or Anglican Church declares that a person who has died was a saint, upon which declaration the person is included in the canon, or list, of recognized saints. Originally, people were recognized as saints without any formal process. Later, different processes, such as those used today in the Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches, were developed.

That's not true. (the part about Church officials believing SW is sacrilegious).

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=727810

A forum thread dedicated to SW

https://www.catholic.org.au/film-reviews-2015/star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens

A positive film review by a Catholic priest

Now the Vatican's newspaper editor didn't like The Force Awakens, but no one has condemned SW or thought of it as sacrilegious

http://bgr.com/2015/12/21/star-wars-force-awakens-vatican-review/

One example:

Thanks that's interesting. That would have been weird, but I don't think it's an idea without merit. I rather like a lot of elements from the Vong - they were so alien and an enemy of that was basically a force of nature that could not be reasoned with. I don't think it needed to go in for 19 books though.

Yea, I think most people hate the Vong because of bad writing and a 19 book series. I loved the idea (and especially the fact that they finally started killing off main characters. It brought the suspense back)

Yea, I think most people hate the Vong because of bad writing and a 19 book series. I loved the idea (and especially the fact that they finally started killing off main characters. It brought the suspense back)

See, for me, the killing off of main characters was the main thing I hated about the Vong series.  Especially because I didn't think it was done very well, and it felt like they were killing off characters just for the sake of killing off characters. 

(Sort of like the Wheel of Time series.  "Hey, we've got way too many named characters around, now.  Let's just start killing them off and not stop until we arrive at a manageable number!")

Edited by JJ48

See, for me, the killing off of main characters was the main thing I hated about the Vong series.  Especially because I didn't think it was done very well, and it felt like they were killing off characters just for the sake of killing off characters. 

(Sort of like the Wheel of Time series.  "Hey, we've got way too many named characters around, now.  Let's just start killing them off and not stop until we arrive at a manageable number!")

As much as it sucks to see characters die, it's better then everyone always surviving. Then it just loses suspense and becomes bland. I do agree that the way that they killed off Chewie and Anakin was pretty terrible, but atleast they were willing to do it.

As much as it sucks to see characters die, it's better then everyone always surviving. Then it just loses suspense and becomes bland. I do agree that the way that they killed off Chewie and Anakin was pretty terrible, but atleast they were willing to do it.

And that's kind of my point.  I don't mind a character dying to further the story (the X-Wing series is my favorite Star Wars series, and they killed off characters left and right in there!), but the Vong authors simply didn't do a very good job with it.  The deaths came across as very contrived and meaningless.  It didn't seem to advance the story so much as it just added shock value, and I've never really been a fan of that, personally.  A good death scene has you mourning the loss of the character, and maybe feeling angry at the one who killed him.  These deaths just made me frustrated and angry at the authors.

And that's kind of my point.  I don't mind a character dying to further the story (the X-Wing series is my favorite Star Wars series, and they killed off characters left and right in there!), but the Vong authors simply didn't do a very good job with it.  The deaths came across as very contrived and meaningless.  It didn't seem to advance the story so much as it just added shock value, and I've never really been a fan of that, personally.  A good death scene has you mourning the loss of the character, and maybe feeling angry at the one who killed him.  These deaths just made me frustrated and angry at the authors.

I especially just loved the way they decided "we've got this major character named Anakin Solo and the prequels have Anakin Skywalker as their main character, so we better dispose of Anakin Solo because the readers are obviously too stupid to understand that different people in different eras could have the same first name."

I especially just loved the way they decided "we've got this major character named Anakin Solo and the prequels have Anakin Skywalker as their main character, so we better dispose of Anakin Solo because the readers are obviously too stupid to understand that different people in different eras could have the same first name."

That was George Lucas though. The writers didn't want to kill Anakin off. They wanted him to go on and be the main character of the next series, but Lucas said they had to kill off Anakin "to avoid confusion" (which in reality means he was probably just jealous a character he didn't create was becoming extremely popular)

Mara Jade

Corran Horn

Jan Ors

Kyle Kartan

Soontir Fel

Darth Revan

Tycho

Dash Rendar

E-Wings

Tie Defenders

Imperial Raider (to see it on the big screen would be epic!)

Decimator

Note: HK47 is in the game "Galaxy of Hero's" which is a post Disney acquisition and EA published game making it Canon. HK47 is Canon. 

The assassin droids in the Darth Vader comic are pretty awesome though. 

That was George Lucas though. The writers didn't want to kill Anakin off. They wanted him to go on and be the main character of the next series, but Lucas said they had to kill off Anakin "to avoid confusion" (which in reality means he was probably just jealous a character he didn't create was becoming extremely popular)

This is precisely why I insist Star Wars became popular in spite of Lucas, rather than because of him.  Even in the original trilogy, apparently the writers had to keep making sure Lucas didn't screw stuff up by focusing more on special effects and action sequences than on developing characters and telling a good story (like he did in the prequels).