Sign in to follow this  
KCDodger

U-Wing is officially the new hotness.

dxobvyy7kzapkbtrwoce.png

elbknc3qsutsj1idqc4p.png

HOLY CRAP DEM S-FOILS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's so cool to see something with VAGUELY proper control surfaces in Star Wars..! I mean can you imagine watching a whole squadron of these suckers pop open? Like, holy crap..! The wings go wide, the doors open, it banks and you've got a gunner just holding on for dear life as he sprays down like thirty stormies! Pilots break off and gun down an incoming shuttle, and the gunner facing the sky sprays down a TIE fighter above..!

Aw man.

This is officially my favorite GCW Era Rebel Fighter.

I hope they make them swivel. Folded for easier storage/packaging, unfolding for the table. 

I also look forward too the Empire getting their 3rd shuttle, another 3 crew ship perhaps.

It is a thing of beauty and an amazing feat of the designers to ad something that don't feel out of place to the original Rebel fleet.

Indeed. You can see X-wing hints in the engines and Y-wing hints in the cockpit assembly, but it looks unique in both wing configurations.

How do you think ffg will make the model? S-foils closed or opened?
I want to say hinged.

I prefer this to re-doing the old Alphabet-Wings. It looks like it fits in the old GCW era ships, without stealing too much thunder from the existing ones (It's not going to dogfight like an X-Wing or bomb like a Y-Wing).

I'm concerned about it being added to X-Wing however. Being primarily an Atmospheric craft, and a gunship at that, it doesn't really seem suited to the game. Maybe a Rebel Lambda? I guess that would be neat.