Sign in to follow this  
LordTesla

Rapid L....

This upgrade will be epic for the Yavaris...doh!

If Yavaris can be equipped with it then Yavaris has just used its squadron command to place the fighters so it may not be able to activate them until next turn to get the double tap.

It may be a bit like Talon in that it works better on a friendly ship near Yavaris rather than actually on it.

I haven't seen the card. Could this be restricted to Phoenix Home it'self? They talk about it having special abilities that can be game changing, this would be that.

No because the upgrade takes the Offensively Retrofit slot which is on a lot of ships (especially Imperial ones)

So rules wise how would this interact with hyperspace assault?Would the squads set aside as being in the ships hanger count as the three for hyperspace that you put aside or could you set aside an additional three that arnt part of the rapid launch and have more squads for the objective?

Edited by Corronjedi

This upgrade will be epic for the Yavaris...doh!

Sadly, Yavaaris can't take that upgrade. However, another ships could dump them in front of Yavaaris. Combined with Adar Talon on the supporting ship, any one of the rebel ace bombers could get that Triple tap before your enemy even has a chance to TRY to stop them.

So rules wise how would this interact with hyperspace assault?Would the squads set aside as being in the ships hanger count as the three for hyperspace that you put aside or could you set aside an additional three that arnt part of the rapid launch and have more squads for the objective?

Now that would be devious. 3 squadrons for the objective plus 3 squadrons for the upgrade =6 bombers/fighters outta nowhere at full strength... I'm thinking either AFIIB or VSD.

Everyone is talking about B-Wings and Rhymer. But this actually makes small fighters like TIE Fighters and Interceptors much better, by dropping them directly into engagement after enemy squadrons have already activated.

Well, since this is during the ship phase, enemy squadrons would only be activated if they used a squadron command before you. What this does is it protects the fragile fighters from alpha strikes and allows you to control when the alpha strike happens. And I think you are absolutely correct about small fighters–but I would go further and say that this upgrade is far better for the empire than the rebels due to its fighters' fragility.

It also gives a nice thematic element to the game...TIEs come screaming out of a star destroyer to decimate rebel forces mid battle. But hopefully in my battles they will be screaming to their utter doom as my rebel aces deftly maneuver and win the day

If the rules work out that way it will be awesome for vsd's or even a paragon asualt frigate. I'm only thinking it would work that way because they are separate effects. Since the rapid launch would be part of the ship they until they come out it would seem you still get another three for the hyperspace assault. Maybe someone like dras who knows the rules better could answer this

Dras says everything pertinent at post #9.

Unfortunately, there's not enough to go on...

If you are resolving a Squadron command, and they are placed unactivated, as per the visible section of the card, then you should be able to activate them with said Squadron command, unless there is a further restriction written that we cannot see.

Of course, you may be setting aside 4-5 squadrons, and are only able to launch 1 of them each turn...  ::shrug::  Who knows at this point>?

I'm intertested in seeing the consequences of a carrier being destroyed before it can launch it's fighters, such as after a surprise Demolisher run or after Slicer Tools turn that planned squadron command into an engineering.

I see lots of possible reward, but also risk (or opportunity - for a sneaky opponent).

Edited by OgRib

Great just what we needed, a big MC80 pinata, that when it pops, you get showered in a swarm of B-wings. :P

Me like  :D

Assuming all your squadrons don't blow up with the ship :D

Still. Even if it is a single launch or a number rounded down, it will be a fun and exciting upgrade

Great just what we needed, a big MC80 pinata, that when it pops, you get showered in a swarm of B-wings. :P

Still. Even if it is a single launch or a number rounded down, it will be a fun and exciting upgrade

Anything that is a cheaper alternative to get B-Wings into action is fine by me :D

Anything that is a cheaper alternative to get B-Wings into action is fine by me :D

Flight Coordination Team is a 3 point cheap version.

The support slot makes me sad :(  Gotta trade Engine Techs off a MC80 for it, and that's no bueno.

The support slot makes me sad :(  Gotta trade Engine Techs off a MC80 for it, and that's no bueno.

Not really. If you are throwing 5 squadrons of B-Wings at an opponent with Rerolls . . . well it will get messy for them fast.

Not really. If you are throwing 5 squadrons of B-Wings at an opponent with Rerolls . . . well it will get messy for them fast.

Are you talking about the effectiveness of B-Wings in action, or getting them there?  This upgrade (the hangar one) is very likely to be in the Offensive Retrofit slot.  This gives the MC80 even greater incentive to have Engine Techs so it can act as the long-bus.

B-Wings in general, while good, have been disappointing to me because of their speed 2.  I'm not convinced on trading Engine Techs for FCT if it comes down to it.  Seems good for 3 points, but not as good as ET is for the ship.  There's just way too many things you can do with ET, including keeping your ship moving under the effects of all the slow/control stuff coming down the pipeline.