Sign in to follow this  
Tailsgod

Wave 10: The Failure or The Sleeper Hit

This wave is a struggle for me because I like what the ships do, but I only like the Upsilon in looks.

The Quadjumper feels very... Halo? Or something in a Xbox game from the early 2000s. I really want a cheap bomber that has hilarious abilities... So I might need a Mel's mini to stand in at game nights.

As for a Rebel Tie fighter... Eh?

Actually, I'd cut the bottom two engines off the quad, and then the wings off the Kwing. Just the Quad some diagonal wings off the top engines then give the Kwing extra engines.

Edited by CheapCreep

one thing we have to remember is we know basically jack crap about wave 10 outside of the ships coming and a few smattering of upgrades we can squint at in the teaser images

apart from the Tie Fighter (because it's a freaking tie fighter), we have no idea what the dials or like or what the other pilot abilities are like, what other upgrades are coming in the packs (especially in the double tech shuttle) etc.

and even then, what little we can glimpse is just chock full of incredible potential. for example,

Rebel Tie: that massive pile of ion tokens; an Illict EMP upgrade

UPS shuttle: two new tech upgrades! (and TWO copies of each, just in case it ends of buffing your FOs and SFs)

and while being a shuttle promises an awkward dial, I'll chalk up the green 2-bank as a **** positive

Quad: title/mod that dolls out ACTION t-beam tokens! IT GOES BACKWARDS

Edited by ficklegreendice

Mayhaps everyone is peeved because this is the first wave that is "just for fun" and introduces some quirky new ideas to the game.

Nope.  Some of us just aren't interested in stuff from Rebels or TFA.  Some don't like how complicated the game is becoming.  Some have been waiting for other ships for years now and must continue to wait longer.  Those are the reasons people don't like wave 10, not because there are fun new quirky ideas.

Lemme clear up a couple of problems right here.

First: If the game is too complicated for you, i have a few suggestions. Don't play in tournaments, create a group that only plays so many waves, or QUIT. FFG has absolutely no obligation to tailor the game for people's simple-mindedness. First off, Conditions have been in the game with Kallus and such, except now they have definitive methods of tracking. If anything, the game is getting SIMPLER. Second: FFG has an obligation to release certain stuff, and that obligation is not to YOU, or anyone on this forum. 

I get it, this wave can be disappointing to people. But the Mouse does have some marketing demands and needs, and FFG needs to get it done. That way, eventually we can all get the ships we do want. 

The point here is, we play X-Wing. We do not own it, or FFG. If you dislike the game so much, feel free to quit. Not that it'll do anything, FFG has already made your money from all the expansions you've bought. But hey, at least it's symbolic.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

...If you dislike the game so much, feel free to quit.

How incredibly patronising.

Yeah well i'm sick of people saying every single wave "oh the game is bad now" for something different every wave. This wave it's because Rebels get a TIE Fighter. Well guess what? I like it! I'm glad Rebels are getting a TIE Fighter, i can think of so many incredible tactical uses for it. They go out of their way to inform FFG that they've ruined the game and to never do what they don't like again, when some of us like their decisions. They act like their own individual opinions and desires are more important than everyone elses. They clearly don't enjoy the game as it is becoming. For their own sake, they should leave if they like it so little. Their endless *****ing and moaning is turning these forums into an absolute wasteland. 

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

I mean, I wouldn't want anyone to leave over something as silly as not getting the ships they wanted

It's a consumer's market out there. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Now, the question of it greatly influencing the game we know and love...well honestly people are just really overreacting there

Conditions really arent anything new despite the cool new card art. Kallus himself already works exactly like one (VERY similarly to A Score To Settle, even) and ion/tbeams are already the exact same thing

So what then? Rebel ties? Why does that matter? Most Wanted happened and the game didn't fold in on itself

It's not like they're reintroducing the dominance of boring as hell fat PWT over here or the game breaking prenerf phantom

Guys, love it or hate it, there is NOTHING in Wave 10 thus far that will turn the game into anything other than what it already is. It's still X-Wing, we're just getting a great batch of cool new toys to further augment it

Whether or not you choose to buy said toys is up to you

Their endless *****ing and moaning is turning these forums into an absolute wasteland. 

So, let me get this straight: you're going to combat people whining and moaning by whining and moaning about people whining and moaning?

Can we get an xzibit meme over here, stat?

Essentially this.  And as soon as Shapeways has a Frosted Ultra Detail sale, I'll be constructing my own Wave 9 and Wave 10.

Now that a lot of the initial rage has calmed down for wave 10

(Put your bingo cards away people :P)

I'm curious

Its an odd wave yes, but I don't think its a bad one at all.

Kylo's ability while initially seeming dumb because it costs an action is actually pretty dangerous considering on a decimator combined with vader is a monster that tears through shields, and hell you can even put vader on kylo's ship and make attacking him a very poor decision.

Then there's the Rebel TIE

Initial gut reaction aside, i don't think its going to play like a tie at all. I actually have a gut feeling, and I could be wrong, that this little color monster is going to be the true counter to the Wolf Pack

Finally the quadjumper

Its a cheap ship that looks like it will have an odd dial to switch up the game some more. Also that zero point ept is really good 

Overall I don't think that wave 10 is actually bad, I think it looks bad but I have a feeling that its going to surprise a few people.

Kylo Ren still does not work together with Vader.  ;-)

The Rebel TIE should have just been cards and cardboard included in the Ghost pack.

No. I want  mine pre-painted. If you care about the cardboard you are free to print that yourself. No one will be able to tell the difference anyway. Besides having that one awesome TIE in my crack swarm will be awesome. 

Conditions are the worst. *If* you're in range 1, get a focus token. **** conditional rules. *If* you receive a number of damage cards equal or greater than your hull value, you are destroyed. What? Effin' math AND I have to keep up with cards on a sideboard!?! What is this game, MtG?

You could try Chinese checkers.  Use red marbles for the Rebels and blue ones for Empire.  No math, no side board.

I love it :)

Yea, I don't understand the immediately hate on conditions. Just because they added the term conditions, we've all been playing with them already since the game came out. Biggs effect, condition. If met, have to shoot him. Tactician. Condition. If met, you get to add a stress token.

Now that a lot of the initial rage has calmed down for wave 10

(Put your bingo cards away people :P)

I'm curious

Its an odd wave yes, but I don't think its a bad one at all.

Kylo's ability while initially seeming dumb because it costs an action is actually pretty dangerous considering on a decimator combined with vader is a monster that tears through shields, and hell you can even put vader on kylo's ship and make attacking him a very poor decision.

Then there's the Rebel TIE

Initial gut reaction aside, i don't think its going to play like a tie at all. I actually have a gut feeling, and I could be wrong, that this little color monster is going to be the true counter to the Wolf Pack

Finally the quadjumper

Its a cheap ship that looks like it will have an odd dial to switch up the game some more. Also that zero point ept is really good 

Overall I don't think that wave 10 is actually bad, I think it looks bad but I have a feeling that its going to surprise a few people.

Kylo Ren still does not work together with Vader.  ;-)

crew? no

Advance with ATC? hell yes

Their endless *****ing and moaning is turning these forums into an absolute wasteland. 

So, let me get this straight: you're going to combat people whining and moaning by whining and moaning about people whining and moaning?

Can we get an xzibit meme over here, stat?

Essentially this.  And as soon as Shapeways has a Frosted Ultra Detail sale, I'll be constructing my own Wave 9 and Wave 10.

Complaining is the only language they understand. I'm trying to be sensitive to their culture.

Yeah well i'm sick of people saying every single wave "oh the game is bad now" for something different every wave. This wave it's because Rebels get a TIE Fighter. Well guess what? I like it! I'm glad Rebels are getting a TIE Fighter...

Some people will just buy anything.

If Wave 11 consisted of a Turd Fighter, a Turd-wing and a large base Scum turd, said people would still defend it and buy it.

Yeah well i'm sick of people saying every single wave "oh the game is bad now" for something different every wave. This wave it's because Rebels get a TIE Fighter. Well guess what? I like it! I'm glad Rebels are getting a TIE Fighter...

Some people will just buy anything.

If Wave 11 consisted of a Turd Fighter, a Turd-wing and a large base Scum turd, said people would still defend it and buy it.

Equally, some people will always find something to hate in a wave.

Grow up.