Sign in to follow this  
th3eviltwin

and I am out

Now we need a Rebel Gozanti to put those 4 Rebel TIEs on...

Who says you don't. . .I was flying an Imperial Corvette for years before the Raider came out.

Oh you totally reminded me of this I made on March 11, 2015...

16594391409_e2b22cfd2a_c.jpg

and this...

23062958575_31c54d3e03_o.png

Edited by gabe69velasquez

sleeping_wolf_in_munich_zoo_by_wolf_love

I'm not sure what I find funnier... the 'let sleeping dogs lie' pun, or the fact that the only person so far to Like the post is named Punning Pundit.

As for the meat and potatoes of this concept, (The Rebel TIE I mean...) I'm feeling a big ol' "Meh, whatever". But I can't help but think that this goes right along with what I've always felt about this game, and how it seems like Imperials are the only ones who aren't allowed to keep anything as strictly theirs.

a rebel tie? I was thinking about starting not now , tells me all i need to too about your ability or willingness to balance the game.

Meh.

Seen much better trolling attempts.

sleeping_wolf_in_munich_zoo_by_wolf_love

I'm not sure what I find funnier... the 'let sleeping dogs lie' pun, or the fact that the only person so far to Like the post is named Punning Pundit.

As for the meat and potatoes of this concept, (The Rebel TIE I mean...) I'm feeling a big ol' "Meh, whatever". But I can't help but think that this goes right along with what I've always felt about this game, and how it seems like Imperials are the only ones who aren't allowed to keep anything as strictly theirs.

C'Mon now MY Imp Brah... you know the little people are always nibbling at our scraps.

;)

a rebel tie? I was thinking about starting not now , tells me all i need to too about your ability or willingness to balance the game.

Look at this person's posting history.... every post they've made is a copy / paste of the exact same thing.   

Look at this person's posting history.... every post they've made is a copy / paste of the exact same thing.   

Like we posted on the first page of the thread?

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/226883-and-i-am-out/?p=2350144

Like we posted on the first page of the thread?

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/226883-and-i-am-out/?p=2350144

Yeah, like that? https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/226883-and-i-am-out/?p=2350132

nobody complains about scum having z's, y's, hwk's, or firesprays.

Yet people lose their minds over a tie to rebels.

geez quit whining about this. If Sabine's Tie never existed and they some how got a tie for xwing, yeah then wtf reactions would be justified. Its something thats in rebels, which is very popular show, meaning it WILL HAPPEN for xwing assuming it doesnt break the scale.

geez quit whining about this. If Sabine's Tie never existed and they some how got a tie for xwing, yeah then wtf reactions would be justified. Its something thats in rebels, which is very popular show, meaning it WILL HAPPEN for xwing assuming it doesnt break the scale.

Mean OLD Meanies that would of been fine with this greatest of games ending after Wave 4... Dam-Dat!

Nobody cares about how they want to hate... they do not pay our rent and they dam sure do not buy our play-pretties.

;)

Am I impressed with the release of Sabine's TIE? Not at all. Am I quitting the game over it? No.

This is a whining post, and an annoying one. Looking at waves 9 and 10, I've also noted that I probably won't be picking up any of it. I cancelled my wave 9 pre-order- not because I'm rage quitting, but simply because in the end, the ships would just sit in a tackle box nursing nothing more than a plastic crack addiction. I live in a small community, and the only regular opponent I had is no longer able to play. (He recently lost his eyesight, which is kinda necessary to X-wing.) Thus, I'm left with some solitaire options like Aturi Cluster, but there are no tournaments around, nor a local scene. So, yes, for the foreseeable future, I'm done buying X-wing too. Given that my reasons are of a mature nature, and that it is with regret that I'll be losing out on exploring the future of this awesome game, I find whiny little threads like this irritating.

So, a particular ship doesn't strike your fancy, or tourneys aren't balanced the way you like? Who cares?! You can play with the stuff you like in any way that you like. If you don't like tourneys, play casual. If you're a win at all costs type, net list away, either to build to or counter the meta. In either case, keep playing because it's FUN!!!

(And, yes, I know about Vassal and Tabletop Simulator, but they honestly lack the charm of actually sitting at the table, moving minis and rolling dice, so for me they simply don't scratch the itch. They also can't effectively replace the social elements of face to face gaming.)

I'll of course still be lurking on the boards, playing Aturi Cluster, and occasionally just playing straight duels against myself, and hoping that either my opponent's eyesight recovers, or that I find someone new to get addicted.

My point- if you want to quit (or just not get started), do so because the game doesn't look fun to you, or you can't afford it, or some other reason that shows a modicum of intelligence. To turn away from a game over one ship in one wave of expansions is silly, petty, and makes you look like a damned fool.

Am I impressed with the release of Sabine's TIE? Not at all. Am I quitting the game over it? No.

This is a whining post, and an annoying one. Looking at waves 9 and 10, I've also noted that I probably won't be picking up any of it. I cancelled my wave 9 pre-order- not because I'm rage quitting, but simply because in the end, the ships would just sit in a tackle box nursing nothing more than a plastic crack addiction. I live in a small community, and the only regular opponent I had is no longer able to play. (He recently lost his eyesight, which is kinda necessary to X-wing.) Thus, I'm left with some solitaire options like Aturi Cluster, but there are no tournaments around, nor a local scene. So, yes, for the foreseeable future, I'm done buying X-wing too. Given that my reasons are of a mature nature, and that it is with regret that I'll be losing out on exploring the future of this awesome game, I find whiny little threads like this irritating.

So, a particular ship doesn't strike your fancy, or tourneys aren't balanced the way you like? Who cares?! You can play with the stuff you like in any way that you like. If you don't like tourneys, play casual. If you're a win at all costs type, net list away, either to build to or counter the meta. In either case, keep playing because it's FUN!!!

(And, yes, I know about Vassal and Tabletop Simulator, but they honestly lack the charm of actually sitting at the table, moving minis and rolling dice, so for me they simply don't scratch the itch. They also can't effectively replace the social elements of face to face gaming.)

I'll of course still be lurking on the boards, playing Aturi Cluster, and occasionally just playing straight duels against myself, and hoping that either my opponent's eyesight recovers, or that I find someone new to get addicted.

My point- if you want to quit (or just not get started), do so because the game doesn't look fun to you, or you can't afford it, or some other reason that shows a modicum of intelligence. To turn away from a game over one ship in one wave of expansions is silly, petty, and makes you look like a damned fool.

I'm really liking the last point. Really hope your buddies eyesight gets better, that's more important than any games.

I kind of get why people are complaining though. TIEs are strictly an Imperial ship. They are the staple and the standard. They help differentiate the factions because they are iconically Imperial. All other TIEs adhere to the design space established by these TIEs. We grew up watching the OT and the thought of the Rebels doing anything with a TIE but blowing it up is mind bending. It's simply not SW to some.

Not all of us watch Rebels. Some of us think it's total dross. Some of us see a brightly coloured TIE fighter in the Rebel's hands and it grates against our personal SW canon. It's simply not SW to some.

Yes, there are times when the opposite faction has cause to fly a ship, Han in Shuttle Tyderium, Poe and Finn in a TIE, Ewok on a speeder, etc. but to have it available in your squad .. with multiple pilots .. It's simply not SW to some.

That is why some of us struggle. 

I'm not supporting nor poo-pooing the expansion .. I'm just trying to help rationalise the feelings of our comrades here on these boards.

I kind of get why people are complaining though. TIEs are strictly an Imperial ship. They are the staple and the standard. They help differentiate the factions because they are iconically Imperial. All other TIEs adhere to the design space established by these TIEs. We grew up watching the OT and the thought of the Rebels doing anything with a TIE but blowing it up is mind bending. It's simply not SW to some.

Not all of us watch Rebels. Some of us think it's total dross. Some of us see a brightly coloured TIE fighter in the Rebel's hands and it grates against our personal SW canon. It's simply not SW to some.

Yes, there are times when the opposite faction has cause to fly a ship, Han in Shuttle Tyderium, Poe and Finn in a TIE, Ewok on a speeder, etc. but to have it available in your squad .. with multiple pilots .. It's simply not SW to some.

That is why some of us struggle. 

I'm not supporting nor poo-pooing the expansion .. I'm just trying to help rationalise the feelings of our comrades here on these boards.

Get with the program ole fellers... This is one special TIE and that is that... no big deal, and it is right out of one of the most popular IN CANNON Shows... it is awesome sauce!

;)