Xerandar

Wave 11 predictions

Perhaps the darkest prediction of all-

If Wave 11 does not have any EU material, we will never get anymore of it.

Ever.

that's what they said about wave 9, and wave 10.....

And so far they weren't wrong  :P

Edited by eMeM

Reason could be Ruthlessness, makes Imperial turrets a pain.

Never really thought of it this way...a very good point ^_^ and insight though. How odd, while I do appreciate some turrets with Scum & Villainy and Rebels, I don't even think about it or miss it with the Imperials...how odd :huh:.... 

Empire only has 1 turreted ship while the other factions have a bunch of options and it's been a long time since the Decimator came out.  Seems like a gap to me.

Reason could be Ruthlessness, makes Imperial turrets a pain.

It's used so rarely that I think simply having the hypothetical turret not have an EPT or some other restriction would be enough, or a late-to-the-party errata to say Ruthlessness doesn't work with turret secondaries.

Ruthlessness has popped up a lot in discussions of the old Decimator or Vessery with TIE/D and Tractor Beam when that came out, but since it's three points and offers such a marginal utility compared to Predator, Push the Limit, Juke, and many other EPTs I don't think that one card should hold that part of ship design back. 

Heck, it's a three point EPT with a built-in disadvantage. Fly your ships close to the enemy and they must damage them if no other Ruthlessness targets are in range. 

I think the discussion was about PWT, not turreted secondaries. That said, even if you give a couple pilots on something with a turret upgrade slot (Like one option for say, a TIE Aggressor), it's a 3 point EPT and then you have to buy a turret, the cheapest of which is currently 2 points. Minimum 5 points seems like a fair investment to get +1 damage on another ship at Range 1 (which might be one of your own ships, Ruthlessness is a rare must trigger) and only if you hit. And I'm pretty sure based on the way I understand TLT interactions that TLT would only proc Ruthlessness once if either/both attacks hit, because it's one attack you do twice or something. 

I think the discussion was about PWT, not turreted secondaries...

Then Ruthlessness is barely woth mentioning! The main objection I've heard has always been with TLTs since Ruthlessness does trigger twice. 

They could do a Chrome wave:

Rebels: 

- N1 Starfighter

Empire:

- Captain Phasma's Tie

Scum:

- Luxury Yacht 

It's pronounced Wobbler Mangrove.

Edited by mazz0

Wave 11:

Partisan X-Wing ®

Imperial Cargo Shuttle (I)

SS-54 Assault Ship (SV)

Wave 11.5:

Scum Aces (SV)

Wave 12:

Blue Squadron X-Wing ®

HH-87 Starhopper (SV)

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (SV)

Delta-class T-3C shuttle (I)

*Ep 8 First Order ship

*Ep8 Resistance ship

Wave 11 Predictions:

Rebel: Clone Wars Era - Jedi Starfighter

Anakin Skywalker (Pilot Card) Yoda (Pilot Card) and or (Crew), Padme (Crew) Obi-Wan (Crew/Pilot)

Imperial - Solar Sailer

Count Dooku and Hondo (Pilot Cards)

Scum - Halo (SS-54 Gunship)

Sugi (Pilot Card)

Ruthlessness never see any play in my play area. 3pt and the potential to damage my own ships leading to suboptimal targeting? Perhaps if swarms were everywhere it would see play, but still, it is always more important to do max damage and eliminate an enemy ship.

The Havoc is in Star Wars Armada so it should be in X wing as well.  I simply cant see why not as every single other ship in armada, small ship, is in x wing.

They will put it in Xwing sooner or later, but the real question is more "The scurrg will be a Scum or a Rebel ship ? (or both ^^)"

The Havoc is in Star Wars Armada so it should be in X wing as well.  I simply cant see why not as every single other ship in armada, small ship, is in x wing.

They will put it in Xwing sooner or later, but the real question is more "The scurrg will be a Scum or a Rebel ship ? (or both ^^)"

From a game perspective Scum lack a proper Bomber plus the namesake craft itself is in the hands of a Pirate. So I'd bet on scum.

The problem with the Havoc is that it would be a scum ship that:

Large Base

4 Attack out the front (6 Laser Cannons)

A turret slot (or mobile arc but . . that would be gross)

Two bomb slots

UNLIMITED BOMBS

1 Crew Slot

2 Astromech / Aggromech Slots

That is an insane ship to include and keep true to the fluff, a ship I may add, Scum at the moment, do not need. I mean, do you really want to face something that has a Recon Spec, R4 Aggro AND R4-B11?

Paired up with a Bossk - Zuckuss, 4-LOM - Dengar Party Bus?

Rebels have a big 4 Red Dice ship (Ghost) Imperials have one (Upsilon) but Scum don't have anything throwing quite that much firepower.

They do, their firepower is just not raw red dice, but what they can do to your green dice.

Perhaps the darkest prediction of all-

If Wave 11 does not have any EU material, we will never get anymore of it.

Ever.

that's what they said about wave 9, and wave 10.....

And nothing in wave 10 was EU material, at least not the ship models themselves.  The wave 9 ships were all from the movies or from Rebels with the exception of the ARC (unless the ARC appears in a later Rebels episode?)

The problem with the Havoc is that it would be a scum ship that:

Large Base

4 Attack out the front (6 Laser Cannons)

A turret slot (or mobile arc but . . that would be gross)

Two bomb slots

UNLIMITED BOMBS

1 Crew Slot

2 Astromech / Aggromech Slots

That is an insane ship to include and keep true to the fluff, a ship I may add, Scum at the moment, do not need. I mean, do you really want to face something that has a Recon Spec, R4 Aggro AND R4-B11?

Paired up with a Bossk - Zuckuss, 4-LOM - Dengar Party Bus?

Knowing almost nothing about the background of this ship, why two astros? Looking at the pictures I don't see any astromech slots.

Number of barrels is not directly proportional to the damage potential (Ghost - 2 guns, 4 dice; Falcon - 8 guns, 3 dice; ARC - 2 guns, 3 dice), especially considering how old is this ship, and even if so, they could do it like the Lambda, which has more guns and just 3 dice + a cannon slot.

Edited by eMeM

The Havoc doesn't have external sockets, Nym's personalized version just allowed him to sub in two astros instead of two crewman up front.

Best way to handle it is make it a single ship with high attack (maybe 4, Scum don't have that yet.) a Turret and single Crew Slot - then the Havoc title adds bombs, replaces the crew slot with a salvaged astro slot. For purposes of comparability it would be nice if it was small base like the K/Punisher, but as a flying brick it'd be about 1.3 times longer so I don't know if that fits. If you want to do the bomblet generator, make that a new bomb that recharges but otherwise it just has proton bomb chutes listed on the wikia. As it is a literal flying box, the dial should not be great - stats give it roughly the same acelleration as the K-Wing. Then figure out some cute mechanic for it's automated turret. 

It should be noted while called a bomber, the H-6 prototype doesn't actually say it has bomb chutes. If FFG is allowed some slack, I'd say even untitled give it a couple bombs and then Havoc is just a way to switch your upgrade slots around. Maybe that mechanic could be the bomblet and let you recover bombs. Or just let it have an Illicit so Scav Crane. 

Edited by UnitOmega

The Havoc doesn't have external sockets, Nym's personalized version just allowed him to sub in two astros instead of two crewman up front.

Best way to handle it is make it a single ship with high attack (maybe 4, Scum don't have that yet.) a Turret and single Crew Slot - then the Havoc title adds bombs, replaces the crew slot with a salvaged astro slot. For purposes of comparability it would be nice if it was small base like the K/Punisher, but as a flying brick it'd be about 1.3 times longer so I don't know if that fits. If you want to do the bomblet generator, make that a new bomb that recharges but otherwise it just has proton bomb chutes listed on the wikia. As it is a literal flying box, the dial should not be great - stats give it roughly the same acelleration as the K-Wing. Then figure out some cute mechanic for it's automated turret. 

It should be noted while called a bomber, the H-6 prototype doesn't actually say it has bomb chutes. If FFG is allowed some slack, I'd say even untitled give it a couple bombs and then Havoc is just a way to switch your upgrade slots around. Maybe that mechanic could be the bomblet and let you recover bombs. Or just let it have an Illicit so Scav Crane. 

That's perfect! (Unfortunately, a bit big for a small base)