Sign in to follow this  
Hidatom

scale? More than 2 factions?

I don't believe we would get that sort of stuff for new factions. I don't think they'll stray from the Rune Wars (and possibly Rune Age) lineup of factions. The name might be a clue ;)

However, I think it's fairly safe to assume that if the game does well, we might get the oddball stuff - razorwings, giants, goatmen, pod-people or whatever else - as 'neutral' or 'mercenary' figures. Again, just like Rune Wars and Rune Age.

There's the makhim, which are reptilian, then the halflings (can't remember what they are called), so there are still some other options.

Ogres would probably be lumped together in the "Overlord" faction, but Trolls are allied with the Orcs.

Edited by Toenail

There's the makhim, which are reptilian, then the halflings (can't remember what they are called), so there are still some other options.

Ogres would probably be lumped together in the "Overlord" faction, but Trolls are allied with the Orcs.

Speaking of Orcs, one interesting thing about them is that they are a tribal race with many, many tribes. Only in times of great war do the tribes unite. It could be neat to see different unit types for Orcs have different aesthetics to represent the various tribes. Or maybe if there are 4 infantry sculpts, they are more than just poses, but have different clothing/weapons altogether. So a melee infantry rank could have scimitars, clubs, pikes, and something else. This could give you a visual idea that there are many different orcs coming together in this time of war.

Kari Wraithstalker's card confirms Latari Elves faction. She lets you include a single non unique infantry unit from the Elves in your army.

Really, can you provide a picture? Not that I doubt you, I just can't watch the videos.

Kari Wraithstalker's card confirms Latari Elves faction. She lets you include a single non unique infantry unit from the Elves in your army.

Really, can you provide a picture? Not that I doubt you, I just can't watch the videos.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/227639-latari-elves-confirmed-as-third-playable-faction/?p=2364805

I used to play dark elves and skaven in warhammer almost 20 years ago.

I don't see an evil faction that has the same appeal in the terrinoth lore.

Warhammer Armies Skaven was my first war hammer book purchase 24 years ago. Still have it. I really like the Uthuk in Terrinoth.

I used to play dark elves and skaven in warhammer almost 20 years ago.

I don't see an evil faction that has the same appeal in the terrinoth lore.

Skaven are awesome and the best, what's not to laugh about backstabing ratmen and i think Thanquol is the best, just read his books or the Gotrek and Felix ones with him, it's hillarious how we blames everyone else for his failures like a true Skaven.

Hi...quite disappointed with this new...

I started to play battlelore a few months ago and i am really happy with the game.....but i felt it is quite simple (i used to play warhammer and the rules comparison is out-of-the-question) therefore i expected some kind of enhancement to the rules in a near future.

And here it comes a new game...but with a different scale!!!!! WHY?? WHYYY???? 20mm is the perfect scale for massive battles!!! the details in the models are great!! it does not take a huge case to move all the army...no need of extralarge movement trays.....so why change that??

i hope FFG reconsider this and uses the Battlelore 2nd ed models and scale in this new game....all i have to say is that i really want to test the game mechanics...but with my Battlelore models.

IMO, if they don't put out two more factions very quickly, it will be a mistake.  Miniatures games thrive on variation and choice.

We know the game has at least 3 ready and probably coming on or close to launch. Daqan, Waiqar and Latari. I'd assume a second "evil" faction as well. 

Really?  They announced a third faction on or close to launch? The only thing I thought was said by a staffer was that they "were in development."  Can you point me to the keynote or video that they say it in?

That's great news, having 3+ factions definitely makes for more versatility and variety in gaming groups. Considering many games start with 4+, it does seem very important.  Very glad they are heeding that model.

Really?  They announced a third faction on or close to launch? The only thing I thought was said by a staffer was that they "were in development."  Can you point me to the keynote or video that they say it in?

That's great news, having 3+ factions definitely makes for more versatility and variety in gaming groups. Considering many games start with 4+, it does seem very important.  Very glad they are heeding that model.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/227639-latari-elves-confirmed-as-third-playable-faction/

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/227639-latari-elves-confirmed-as-third-playable-faction/

Hmmm, this is just a card with the name Latari Elves on it... That could be a new faction... or it could just as easily be a unit type and a mercenary option... Regardless, it doesn't infer anything about when they would arrive... 

If this is all you have, I think maybe it would be better to temper the certainty and wait for something official...

Edited by TheBoulder

Hmmm, this is just a card with the name Latari Elves on it... That could be a new faction... or it could just as easily be a unit type and a mercenary option... Regardless, it doesn't infer anything about when they would arrive... 

If this is all you have, I think maybe it would be better to temper the certainty and wait for something official...

Latari Elves are a faction in the Terrinoth universe. This allows you to use one of their infantry units as an allied unit within your Daqan force which makes total sense within the setting. 

Latari Elves are a faction in the Terrinoth universe. This allows you to use one of their infantry units as an allied unit within your Daqan force which makes total sense within the setting. 

Unfortunately when it comes to game companies, making sense and actually being real are two different things. :)  The very fact that it is open to debate is probably a good reason not to claim that they are being released as a full faction on or close to game release.

Unfortunately when it comes to game companies, making sense and actually being real are two different things. :)  The very fact that it is open to debate is probably a good reason not to claim that they are being released as a full faction on or close to game release.

That makes zero sense whatsoever. Kari comes in the core box itself. It says you may use a unit from The Latari Elves. Obviously that is a different faction.