Sign in to follow this  
ak-73

Codex: Deathwatch

is this for the ttwg? I dumped that long ago.

Fair enough but it may impact the RPG. The new Deathwatch marines have new Wargear. A new Flyer, a Heavy Bolter/Heavy Flamer-Combi, etc. As soon as I have the rules (and not just rumors), I might try a conversion.

Alex

Yeah, I just saw they wanted 32$ for a single plastic miniature or a human sized character with limited equipment. Thsat really justified my decision to stop buying GW stuff a long time ago.

Good to hear someone was able to get off the plastic (or in my case, metal) crack. :P

it's 20 points, assault 3. with an underslung heavy flamer. I am fairly sure said heavy flamer isn't limited to one shot.

it's cheaper than the frag cannon, which is assault 2 but STR7. STR 9 AP2 if the unit, not target is within 12 inches. 

Edited by DariusAPB

The Corvus, along with the Valkyrie and Vulture is still about as aerodynamic a thing as you see in the Imperium in terms of transport ship. Again, Thunderhawks and Storm Ravens.

Eldar vehicles are so pretty though, almost went eldar back in 2nd because of Falcons.

Technology in the 41st melliennium though not fully understood is... well at least 20000 years ahead of our own. the alloys used in construction means the ship will hold together under stress, and the force of the engines can do the rest.

First Law of Sci-Fi Aerodynamics: Anything will fly given sufficient thrust. :D

That being said, I'm a bit perturbed about such an excessively expanded armoury that now includes even exclusive vehicles. The Deathwatch used to be a sort of Inquisitorial SWAT team, but I suppose that just wouldn't work as an army by itself, and this is a good opportunity for Games Workshop to push new models. Just sad that another bit of setting consistency seems to be sacrificed, similar to how when they retroactively introduced Centurion suits ("oh, actually the Marines had these for quite some time!").