Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Which Wave 10 are you excited for?

I'm looking forward to the 14-20 point range afforded by Sabine's TIE Fighter as a cheap pocket nuisance. If it can be on level of backstabber or better, I'm happy to run that with 2 40-point avg aces.

Hate the terrorist TIE. I would have been okayish with it if it had been unique, but it's not. Which means that not only do rebels now get to field the most iconic Imperial fighter craft, but they get to field a better version of it!

well, the "better version" IS unique

the rest are not better, they're the same

they're just flown by better pilots :P

well, except for Howlrunner. Howlrunner's still the best

Goes to show, now matter how many times you reskin a model, people will still buy it and be thankful for it.

As long as it's a tie... We just didn't think it would ever be a TERRORIST TIE!

Honestly, the rebel tie thing really grates me but wtf is this, title I believe, I keep hearing about that makes it unattackable by imperials until it attacks first? Are you freaking kidding me? It's bright ******* yellow, you are telling me a unified military unit is gonna see this thing and go,"hey buddy nice paint I got your 6." Utter kid show nonsense.

Just for the sake of argument (because (a) it is from a kid's show and (b) this is just a game), can you tell a ship's paint scheme on long-range scanners??

Goes to show, now matter how many times you reskin a model, people will still buy it and be thankful for it.

As long as it's a tie... We just didn't think it would ever be a TERRORIST TIE!
Honestly, the rebel tie thing really grates me but wtf is this, title I believe, I keep hearing about that makes it unattackable by imperials until it attacks first? Are you freaking kidding me? It's bright ******* yellow, you are telling me a unified military unit is gonna see this thing and go,"hey buddy nice paint I got your 6." Utter kid show nonsense.

Just for the sake of argument (because (a) it is from a kid's show and (b) this is just a game), can you tell a ship's paint scheme on long-range scanners??
Well for the sake of arguement, ties are short range craft. It's not like it could appear it would have to be deployed. So it is likely at least, galactically speaking, near a rebel ship to begin with that it is not attacking. I would also imagine from the movies if it is close enough to shoot with primary canons you can see it. Space is black, so any reflective light off this hotrod yellow should be pretty noticeable against something that is supposed to be grey. Just how I see it.

My biggest complaint is this would be a blantly abuseable ability that is just silly. I know it's a game but this addition wasn't necessary if it exists.

Edited by LordFajubi

I'm more interested in the U-Wing and TIE/Striker than the other 3. And that's by a long shot. Sure Sabine's TIE and the Upsilon look cool, but they aren't exactly what I'd call must haves. For me anyway.

A rebel TIE is still a TIE. It'll disappear under a single solid volley as it won't have a swarm of friends to hide amongst. Unless there are ways to give it a Soontir-like token stack? Sure I'll still buy one to fly with the Ghost. But I'd buy a bunch of Scyks before I'd buy two.

The Upsilon will just be another way to get the Emperor on the board. More expensive than a Lambda and cheaper than a Decimator. Yaaawwwwn. Palp aces is a snore fest and a cooler looking shuttle isn't going to change that fact for me. It's another one I'll buy, but I bet I dust it a heck of a lot more than fly it.

And then there's the tugboat Why even bother? Six seconds of screen time, ON THE GROUND, ending in a fireball. And now it's a fighter? I'm sure it will have some cute tricks, but when the cards have to fire the imagination because the ship is meh....

I actually find Sabine one of the more believable characters in Rebels. Also that whole line of thought was incredibly cringe worthy, that her inclusion is a joke. To each their own, but many forget star wars was originally, and still is for the most part, a young adult series. Thinking it's some epic space ballad is just setting yourself up for failure.

For the wave, looks like 2 tugs, a bat, and a multicolored eyeball for me. Don't think I'll need more then that. Mostly looking forward to the shuttle cause I'm really liking the idea of kylo able to give crits pass shields (if we are understanding the card right).

I'm a firm believer that today's younger generation is less mature than people of the same age back thirty years ago. ESB and RoTJ set the mood for Star Wars as a more complex sci-fantasy, and Zahn revitalized that until Lucas came back to botch it.

I actually find Sabine one of the more believable characters in Rebels. Also that whole line of thought was incredibly cringe worthy, that her inclusion is a joke. To each their own, but many forget star wars was originally, and still is for the most part, a young adult series. Thinking it's some epic space ballad is just setting yourself up for failure.

For the wave, looks like 2 tugs, a bat, and a multicolored eyeball for me. Don't think I'll need more then that. Mostly looking forward to the shuttle cause I'm really liking the idea of kylo able to give crits pass shields (if we are understanding the card right).

I'm a firm believer that today's younger generation is less mature than people of the same age back thirty years ago. ESB and RoTJ set the mood for Star Wars as a more complex sci-fantasy, and Zahn revitalized that until Lucas came back to botch it.

There's nothing complex about ESB or ROTJ, really and they were still pretty kids' stuff and highly commercial anyway.

Zahn's books are also extremely juvenile.

scanners are indicating absolutely no signs of bias whatsoever :rolleyes:

even though I personally agree (about ESB being a more complex story; there's no way to determine the maturity of the up coming generation just from star wars), I have to admit that I saw OT as a kid and I havn't seen rebels enough to form a concrete objective comparison of the two

now OT v Prequels (menace came out when I was still preteen)...yeah I can be more objective :P

Edited by ficklegreendice

There's nothing complex about ESB or ROTJ, really and they were still pretty kids' stuff and highly commercial anyway.

Zahn's books are also extremely juvenile.

Remind me to make sure I'm not in Idaho right now. That was almost comical.

scanners are indicating absolutely no signs of bias whatsoever :rolleyes:

even though I personally agree (about ESB being a more complex story; there's no way to determine the maturity of the up coming generation just from star wars), I have to admit that I saw OT as a kid and I havn't seen rebels enough to form a concrete objective comparison of the two

now OT v Prequels (menace came out when I was still preteen)...yeah I can be more objective :P

Oh it's completely hypocritical and biased. I will admit to that in a heartbeat. I also will never watch the animated CW or Rebels, because unlike the base movies, they are meant purely for kids. It's hilarious that they're so popular, but Firefly has never been able to be resurrected past a fanservice movie.

It's probably from being enlisted and watching most of my fandoms turn out watered down and into garbage. Hell, I'm amazed I even care about anything after what FROM did to Armored Core.

I'm gonna make it in KSP and report back!

edit:

akimPbz.png

Physics disagrees with that being airborne.

It's a triumph of thrust, lift is for birds.

:)

Almost all of the Star Wars ship require finely tuned thrusters PLUS repulsor/anti grav tech to be flyable at all. This is a tug boat, shuffling containers/stuff from extremely big freighters to docks, other freighters or the planetary surface, respectively around on and between docks. Big wings would be STUPID and quite hindering. when shunting in a space container yard.

Refusing to watch Rebels and CW because they are made for kids, when they are set in a sci-fi universe created for movies aimed at kids is an interesting stance to take.

Rebels is pretty good, it gets better in season 2. Can't wait for season 3. The CW cartoons are by any objective standards superior by several orders of magnitude to the prequels.

Most excited about the Quadjumper. Always wished that there was some kind of tugboat in the game. A bit surprised that it seems well armed. Going to a fine bumper/support. It is going to be excellent for scenario play:

Rebels and Smugglers ditching it out on a container yard, or a dock, or round a freighter, as the rebels want to get hold of the illicit goods as well (or are doing something to gain support from the local populace by hitting thug business). Or ditching it out on a space scrapyard, with derelict hulks and tugboats in the middle of all the fighters, swishing round trying to get the skrimish done.

Imperial enforcing law and order, customs surprising some smuggling operation, in turn being surprised by armed and highly modified tugboats. Imperial bringing law and order by cracking down on illegal transactions/installation, in last ditch defense efforts even the tugs join in. SO many poosibilities. Quite excited for that one.

Going to get several probably. And for fun, fielding tugs and vector thruster HWKs together could be hilarious....

The Upsilon is bad-ass. A lame Lambda 2.0, but it seems to look pretty cool as model.  4att die, holy crap. Hopeful it gets a at best Little-bit-better-than-Lambda dial. Otherwise it is going to be a real pita. Some Imp fanboys here are anyways and for sure going  to complain that it cannot natively boost and barrel roll and does not has an interceptor dial and thus is DOA :P

Curious what they are doing with that one. Hopefully for once some interesting cards in there, not that many duds like in many other imperial blisters  (e.g. cluster mines).

So far i have evaded TFA stuff (disliking the timeline mixing) but the 2 might change my stance.

The Sabine TIE. Meh. Ok, probably it had to come for the collectors and the kids. At least: 1) it is still a squishy TIE, dying really fast. 2) Sabine can't be everywhere, if she's in the TIE she cannot be in the attack shuttle or drop bombs as crew,

A little bit sour, that Rebels now even get Illicit on small base craft. OK, fluffwise the Rebellion is desperate and takes what it can, and also empolys lots of shady characters and ships. But game-wise: While many of their ships are a bit expensive squad point wise right now, Rebels already have the best damage mitigation, are almost exclusive in regeneration (Gonk is far inferior), have exclusively Slam so far (soon even on large ass ships (HotR), but then also available for Scum), have the better bombers (esp, with Sabine, better than the ruling faction, which is imho stupid), and now gets Illicit as well. Not amused about that development.

I can't wait till the dial for Sabine's TIE is spoiled...

There's s-loops because the ps5 sabine somehow gets more out of her ship than any other tie pilot. Enjoy your non transferable dials.

There is no S-Loop rule card shown in the spread and the dial is labeled TIE Fighter. This is will be the same dial as the original TIE. The model and dial should be usable in Imperial squads for tournaments. I imagine that many a Howlrunner will be getting a fresh new ride.

i'm not really looking forward to any of it, imo FFG has hit the bottom of the barrel. The shuttle is another shuttle with more shield,hull and attack but still a shuttle, the Tie fighter is a Tie fighter, who cares for what side and the quadjumper is just pure stupidity, i mean it's a tug, it's purpose is to pull things not dog fight, it should not have any evade or attack dice.