Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Which Wave 10 are you excited for?

Goes to show, now matter how many times you reskin a model, people will still buy it and be thankful for it.

As long as it's a tie... We just didn't think it would ever be a TERRORIST TIE!

Honestly, the rebel tie thing really grates me but wtf is this, title I believe, I keep hearing about that makes it unattackable by imperials until it attacks first? Are you freaking kidding me? It's bright ******* yellow, you are telling me a unified military unit is gonna see this thing and go,"hey buddy nice paint I got your 6." Utter kid show nonsense.

Edited by LordFajubi

Goes to show, now matter how many times you reskin a model, people will still buy it and be thankful for it.

As long as it's a tie... We just didn't think it would ever be a TERRORIST TIE!

Honestly, the rebel tie thing really grates me but wtf is this, title I believe, I keep hearing about that makes it unattackable by imperials until it attacks first? Are you freaking kidding me? It's bright ******* yellow, you are telling me a unified military unit is gonna see this thing and go,"hey buddy nice paint I got your 6." Utter kid show nonsense.

I don't see any upgrade in the spread that's even remotely close to that. 

I hope it is false I just saw talk of it. Something about captured tie.

edit:I looked and it was just one post in the rebel tie swarm thread. I must be groggy and punchy and I have no idea how the poster knows this. Fingers crossed he's mistaken

Edited by LordFajubi

I highly doubt the generic shuttle is going to be 25 points... I like to Think FFG learned their lesson with the Scout. Probably 26 points though. So you could run 3 if you desired. Even just running one is going to be nasty. 

Ulipson class with Kylo+Vader crew and Lambada + Palpatine + ace is going to be very nasty indeed. Of course, by doing so, your going to eliminate your higher point aces like Vessery or Whisper (assuming you take Kylo Ren piloting the shuttle). Still Omicron+ Palp is 29, and Vader and Kylo is 37, which is only 66 points, so plenty of room to put some cheap upgrades on either shuttle and get a good ace. Maybe Quickdraw if you just run both shuttle bare bones.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

I highly doubt the generic shuttle is going to be 25 points... I like to Think FFG learned their lesson with the Scout. Probably 26 points though. So you could run 3 if you desired. Even just running one is going to be nasty. 

Ulipson class with Kylo+Vader crew and Lambada + Palpatine + ace is going to be very nasty indeed. Of course, by doing so, your going to eliminate your higher point aces like Vessery or Whisper (assuming you take Kylo Ren piloting the shuttle). Still Omicron+ Palp is 29, and Vader and Kylo is 37, which is only 66 points, so plenty of room to put some cheap upgrades on either shuttle and get a good ace. Maybe Quickdraw if you just run both shuttle bare bones.

Comparing the Kylo Ren to Jendon, the PS2 Upsilon is going to be up around 28-29 points.

Still a TIE fighter. At what point do people realise that they have too many TIE/ins and have been taken for a ride?

Wookiepedia tells me the standard ISD carries a squadron of 72 TIE/lns.

That sounds like an acceptable number.

I didn't know your purchasing decisions were constrained by imperial procurement.

All of them :)

Upsilon shuttle was expected and I'm glad FFG seems to have added enough interesting mechanics for it to feel different from the Lambda.

Sabine's TIE was unexpected, but I like it. I liked that Rebels episode and I'm excited to run a TIE miniswarm alongside something like Dash :)

Quadjumper was an unpleasant surprise (I wanted something with more established in-universe background) but the mechanics seem to make up for it. In the end I feel it's better to have a bland (looks and/or fluff) ship with cool mechanics than viceversa.

I am enamoured with the bat-shuttle. Also, my knee-jerk reaction to a rebel tie was disdain, but the idea of the sabine's tie has grown on me. The quadjumper isn't terribly exciting but it looks set to be really mechanicly solid the spoiled pilot looks great at 17 points.

Love the Quadjumper and Ren's shuttle. But then I'll take movie appearance ships over legends ships almost every day. Not bothered about Sabine's TIE. So far, more interest in this wave than most other waves lately. We all seem to like different things...

Conditions sound intriguing.

Still a TIE fighter. At what point do people realise that they have too many TIE/ins and have been taken for a ride?

Wookiepedia tells me the standard ISD carries a squadron of 72 TIE/lns.

That sounds like an acceptable number. 

That would be 72 of the Wave 1 Expansion Pack though; not 72 different expansion packs.

Anyway, Wookiepedia also tells us that the standard ISD also carries 5 Assault Gunboats.  I'd settle for multiple copies of one.

I hope it is false I just saw talk of it. Something about captured tie.

edit:I looked and it was just one post in the rebel tie swarm thread. I must be groggy and punchy and I have no idea how the poster knows this. Fingers crossed he's mistaken

Since the Imperials are really dumb like their fanboys, I think it makes perfect sense.

As a former roller derby coach, I can tell you that if it hits as hard, and takes as much punishment, as they do, I'm buying 15 and forming a new team. Seriously. Go tell a derby player your comment and see which of you come out the better end of that, intellectually or physically.

Or even challenge them to a board game. Those girls know how to _play_.

Meh. Four unique pilots and unique titles precludes rebel Tie swarms, so I'm not too worried. (I actually snapped a pic of a sabine painted tie on the tables here at Gen Con) The quad jumper actually looks cool, sorry. As for the shuttle, that "I'll show you the dark side" condition really annoys me more than anything.

I actually find Sabine one of the more believable characters in Rebels. Also that whole line of thought was incredibly cringe worthy, that her inclusion is a joke. To each their own, but many forget star wars was originally, and still is for the most part, a young adult series. Thinking it's some epic space ballad is just setting yourself up for failure.

For the wave, looks like 2 tugs, a bat, and a multicolored eyeball for me. Don't think I'll need more then that. Mostly looking forward to the shuttle cause I'm really liking the idea of kylo able to give crits pass shields (if we are understanding the card right).