Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Which Wave 10 are you excited for?

The Shuttle gets a 6/10 on the Excite-O-Meter. The other two are lucky to get 2s. Weakest wave yet.

Well, we can probably assume that Wave 10 will be getting a pair of late-announced additions just like Wave 8 did, in the form of the TIE Striker and U-wing.

Upsilon Shuttle all the way!! That glorious evil-looking behemoth! I can't understand why anyone thinks "I'll Show You the Dark Side" is bad. YOU GUARANTEE A BLINDED PILOT OR PS 0 ON YOUR NEXT CRIT! And it's not like the Empire has no way to guarantee crits...

RAC

Vader crew (questionable as to if it works, but we will see)

ATC

Emperor

I could be missing something, but the Empire has plenty of ways to generate crits. I think the dial will be better than the Lambda. Not great, mind you, but better. The thing has 4 attack on top of its other stat increases! The base PS 2 will probably be around 28-29 points. If I am going to put upgrades on this thing and get it into the 40's/upper 30's in point cost, I better be able to get regular combat use out of that gun! Plus, we still don't know what General Hux does, but it looks to be a condition buff to one friendly ship. Past that, there is potential stress control with the title, and new tech and other cards that look to be EPT's. Truly a very promising expansion and one I can't wait to get more info on. For the glory of the Empire!

Not going to lie, my first reaction to the quad was a disbelieveing "...noooooo way"

But that was soon followed by "I HAVE to make this work somehow"

I have a real soft spot for anomalies such as the star viper and K wing, and the quad is VERY much an anomaly

The fact that there's probably a godlike blocker beneath what is easily the most adorably pathetic looking ship in the game just makes me grin ear to ear

It's got so much character for its five seconds of screen time :P

It's basically 4 engines strapped to a seat. The spirit of Chuck Yaeger is strong. 

Not going to lie, my first reaction to the quad was a disbelieveing "...noooooo way"

I have a real soft spot for anomalies such as the star viper and K wing, and the quad is VERY much an anomaly

The fact that there's probably a godlike blocker beneath what is easily the most adorably pathetic looking ship in the game just makes me grin ear to ear

It's basically 4 engines strapped to a seat. The spirit of Chuck Yaeger is strong. 

I'm gonna make it in KSP and report back!

edit:

akimPbz.png

Edited by AugustineS

After disgesting...quad jump has gone from "best joke" to "I'm probably flying six of them"

I have no idea how ffg got me so excited for a ship with so puny a wingspan after the glorious K and ARC, but by god they've done it

Couldn't agree more!

Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens_Incredible_C

No Bathroom or Toilet?

Edited by Tokyogriz

After disgesting...quad jump has gone from "best joke" to "I'm probably flying six of them"

I have no idea how ffg got me so excited for a ship with so puny a wingspan after the glorious K and ARC, but by god they've done it

Couldn't agree more!

Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens_Incredible_C

No Bathroom or Toilet?

Did you miss the "refueling hose" right next to the bunk?  ;)

I'm gonna make it in KSP and report back!

edit:

akimPbz.png

Physics disagrees with that being airborne.

I'm..........not excited for anything.

Can I say none of them?

No you can't, cuz I'm tired of poopy butt posts on these forums.

I think the stolen TIE is fun and colorful, and a real representation of how the Rebel Alliance would need to score some hardware,

The Imperial Shuttle has 4 attack!!!  The Doomshuttle just got way more doomy.  And it's a large ship.  And it's not a TIE!!

I am a little lukewarm on the quadjumper, but it sounds like it will introduce a new move mechanic, so that's something.

AND IT'S THREE MORE CHOICES TO PLAY IN A GAME I LOVE!!!

So get this straight. . .FFG does not stand for Flacid Fun-crushing Gamers.  Ride the Wave; feel the love.

Edited by Darth Meanie

people are free to like/dislike or be dis/interested as they please

of course, I don't agree with anyone who just glances at the ships instead of the incredible gameplay they present and deems them to not be a great addition (whether or not they ever buy the ships themselves)

Edited by ficklegreendice

I'm at the same spot that I was at the beginning of wave nine which actually might be worse. None of the ships on first glance excite me. I at least have a few ships I want from wave nine but I feel kinda empty with it happening again.

... Not gonna lie though Fickle is making me favor the Tugger'

For you fickle, I am growing to like the flying pug. Nothing will get me to like that yellow tie though.

Same here, The Tugger thing not the TIE think I love the Rebel TIE already, I didn't care about the Tugger at all initially; I would have bought it because it is a spaceship, but Fickle's excitement has gotten me excited. The excitement is contagious.

Didn't read through the thread, but here are my thoughts on wave 10.

While I was meh on wave 9, I find a mild excitement for wave 10.  One of the reasons is limited purchases.

To me, Sabine's tie is unique, I will only buy one of them.  The new shuttle is a single purchase as well.  The Quadjumper...that is cool.  I like it, but for me I see maybe two only.

This definitely feels like a marketing release.  It has Rebels and TFA.  I get it.  It has a chance to pull in purchases for the models for people that don't play, but collect.  I look forward preview articles.  I hope FFG/Asmodee has been in production on this one to deliver this year, but I won't hold my breath.  I also look forward to whatever they are going to do to tie into Rogue One.  I hope this new game mechanic will breath live into old ships as we move forward.

X-WING!!!

guarantee if the ps2 upsilon shuttle is 24-25pts it will replace the palpmobile. At 32/33pts with palp on board handing out a free action (before PTL btw, which means the BB8 + PTL shenanigans are coming to palpaces!! /shutter) being slightly tankier and more than likely a better dial since it has a 2bank green revealed.

Might force a budget ace (bareboned OL) instead of 2 powerhouse aces, but like anyone is going to complain about that for a better palpmobile + a BB8 shenanigans ace.

I hope the cost is 25.

It's gonna be 30 points. You are aware that Ren is 34 points at PS6? There's a 4 PS difference between that and the generic. It's 30 points.

Do you have any idea how ludicrously stupid a 4 attack 12 HP ship with co-ordinate would be at 25 points? It would surpass the JM5K as the most unbalanced ship in the game. You don't gain an attack die, a support action, two tech slots, and 2 HP and possibly even a better dial than the lambda shuttle for 4 points. 

people are free to like/dislike or be dis/interested as they please

of course, I don't agree with anyone who just glances at the ships instead of the incredible gameplay they present and deems them to not be a great addition (whether or not they ever buy the ships themselves)

Well said but there are already lines drawn for prequel lovers vs haters, rebels lovers vs haters, certain faction snobbery, predjiduce is human nature. I for one am an empire fascist, I usual buy multiples of anything imperial I am just that guy. It will be interesting to see how many people actively boycott a ship just because of it's origins or what it represents.

I will of course buy anything that has cardboard I need but there are certain things I will not spend money on outside 1 to say I have it. That may be unfortunate but it would make a fascinating social study to gauge the popularity of each ship. This is of course another reason I personally wish they would stop teasing nearly a year in advance and spoiling months in advance, pointless debate. Pretty much the definition of Internet forums though lol

Edited by LordFajubi

Sabine's TIE. Not only do we get (yet more) Rebels love in general, it also adds Ahsoka and (very likely) Captain Rex to the game! Windmill slam day 1 purchase. Will definitely build a Rebels-themed list and play with it and love every second of it - I don't care how 'good' it may or may not be, I'm going to love it.