Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Which Wave 10 are you excited for?

I'm not usually fond of 'wouldn't it be cool if' but today...

Wouldn't it have been cool if the TIE fighter had shorter panels like the one in Rebels, the TV show it appeared on, and its stats were just a bit weaker than the standard TIE L/N?

Even one stat weaker or a slightly different dial, not as maneuverable.

Ok pick which ship is excitement for you.

I think the Shuttle is just dirty, followed by the Rebel Tie which is going to make for some great Swarm lists or a perfect pick when your at 85 points in a list.

Not super excited about Scum but never really have been.

Edit the Shuttle can max out 8 damage in a turn. Its going to make things disappear with a good block. More Excited now then ever for the imp reign.  

All of them.  All of them.  Are they here yet?

U-wing and TIE Striker look promising.

Wouldn't it have been cool if the TIE fighter had shorter panels like the one in Rebels, the TV show it appeared on, and its stats were just a bit weaker than the standard TIE L/N?

It's just an artstyle, the TIEs in Rebels are the exact same models as seen in ANH and other sources.

The other two look really meh. But the upsilon shuttle looks AWESOME. :). 4 attack die. I know they're courting me with that call sign.

I don't care if it moves like a ..... Wait for it.... Balanced and restricted shuttle. I'm still gonna put the hurt of the dark side in you.

Although. It's a darn expensive ship. 34 for the expensive one. Making the ps2 maybe 28 or 27?? One and a half aces or something. Or hell maybe we can get our 2.5 ship builds: decimator upsilon and a upgraded tie. Backstabber hull with palp holding his hand. New meta I tell you.

It's just an artstyle, the TIEs in Rebels are the exact same models as seen in ANH and other sources.

Perhaps they are suppose to be the the exact same models but in the show Rebels their panels are noticeably smaller, its has other differences too. It would have been nice if they were an earlier version to, somehow, explain the difference.

Same model that looks very different.

I'm coming around on the Quadjumper. Scum is quickly becoming my favorite faction.  I just need some more lore to help me understand how exactly it functions thematically outside of being blown up in one shot by Tie Fighters. I was under the impression it was atmospheric only up to this point.

I'm gonna say the shuttle, with 4 attack dice, it may be what the lambda should have been from the start : a deadly yet unmanoeuverable behemoth. Too bad they had to add a new mechanic instead of focusing on the basics.
Quadjumper is a good surprise.
Painted TIE is ****, like girly rollerderby-style-dressed mandalorians.

I'm gonna say the shuttle, with 4 attack dice, it may be what the lambda should have been from the start : a deadly yet unmanoeuverable behemoth. Too bad they had to add a new mechanic instead of focusing on the basics.

gonna denounce a ship because it looks girlie when the reason for the ship existing is because of a girl...? really? lol

I'm coming around on the Quadjumper. Scum is quickly becoming my favorite faction.  I just need some more lore to help me understand how exactly it functions thematically outside of being blown up in one shot by Tie Fighters. I was under the impression it was atmospheric only up to this point.

9194w9oTJ4L.jpg

Image is from Amazon.com, so I assume it's ok to repost here  :unsure:

gonna denounce a ship because it looks girlie when the reason for the ship existing is because of a girl...? really? lol

Nope. I denounce putting that 8 yr old-aimed joke in the game.

This character design is stupid, and has nothing to do in the SW universe.

Just waiting for the Jar Jar crew card now...

Edited by Giledhil

Perhaps they are suppose to be the the exact same models but in the show Rebels their panels are noticeably smaller, its has other differences too. It would have been nice if they were an earlier version to, somehow, explain the difference.

Same model that looks very different.

Artstyle. It's the same model. If you don't believe me, ask Pablo Hidalgo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsrebels/comments/3qnmqy/pablo_hidalgos_answer_from_rebels_recon_always/?st=iri52r6x&sh=75591307

Edited by eMeM

Upsilon Shuttle- should be a great addition to the Imperials, plus now with the f/o and /sf you can no field a decent First Order squadron without obsolete ships :D

The Quad looks ok, and should be cheap, but I feel a big letdown that FFG chose this ship and another TIE to round out the wave. Plus, no Scum Epic is just sad.

The newcanon reference book Ultimate Star Wars said it was a slightly different model with "reinforced wings for landing on ground pads" - as did the Official Fact File - but those may have been before Rebels Recon.

I'm liking that TIE, albeit in small numbers. A pair would be a nice mix in a Dash list. The Quadjumper intrigues me in the potential for a 1-reverse, maybe? I'd imagine it's slow, but maneuverable at 1-2 speeds, tailing off pretty quick at 3 speed. The Upsilon isn't doing much for me, but that's mainly because of the cost; assuming about the 28 mark for the generic, I'm not seeing much benefit in it over the Lambda. It's rather pretty though.

As a former roller derby coach, I can tell you that if it hits as hard, and takes as much punishment, as they do, I'm buying 15 and forming a new team. Seriously. Go tell a derby player your comment and see which of you come out the better end of that, intellectually or physically.

Fickle green dice mean I'm only excited for reb ties if they get more crew to shove into my ARCs

But the quad jumper is just about the most glorious piece of crap I have ever seen. I've never been so happy to see a ship included in X-Wing and all I've known it from is when it got asploded in ep7

But it's just so scrunchy, so repulsively puny and compressed like a flying pug face, and it comes with perhaps the single most hilarious pilot ability ever implemented and ever to be implemented...

Yeah, it's a game changer. That's the ship the joker would fly were he in star wars (hope you're listening, mark!)

This must be, what our 4th TIE rehash?

X-WIng Core Set

TIE/ln Expansion

Imperial Assault Carrier TIE/ln repaint

Force Awakens Core Set

TIE/fo Expansion

TIE/sf Expansion

Sabine's TIE Expansion

Seven.  Seven near-identical variants (6 of which are Imperial).  I was done after the first three.

This must be, what our 4th TIE rehash?

X-WIng Core Set

TIE/ln Expansion

Imperial Assault Carrier TIE/ln repaint

Force Awakens Core Set

TIE/fo Expansion

TIE/sf Expansion

Sabine's TIE Expansion

Seven.  Seven near-identical variants (6 of which are Imperial).  I was done after the first three.

Wait till you see the brand new Mining Guild TIE in wave XI comrade ))))))))

(After this... wave I'm afraid it actually might happen)