Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Wave 10 Artical is up

Also, looks like we're getting the reinforcement ability in 100pt games. Emperor will appreciate that.

Yup, looks like ol' sparky got himself a new Chariot.

swx60_layout.png

That's not going to fit in a Plano what the world are they thinking?

Don't worry Sir Willi will figure it out. 

Quadjumper

"Finally, the expansion includes all the tokens you need to fly it to battle, plus a maneuver dial with no fewer than six different speed "1" maneuvers."

errr....

Look at the card fan. There is clearly something there that starts with "Reve...".  Money is that it says "Reverse" and the Quadjumper can go backwards.

Is there really that big of a Sabine Wren fan club? She has one crew card, and 3 pilot cards ...

She's an attractive female, so yes, all the star wars nerds want to bang her.

She's also, like, 15, sooooo...creeeeeepy...

So instead of doing something more iconic from the EU (like Nym's Scurrg) FFG and the Mouse chose a ship that just blew up while standing in a field...

iconic for who exactly?

Anyone that has a grip on the EU. Lets be honest, more people are interested in seeing old EU designs (like the gunboat or Avenger for instance) than seeing ships that appear in all of 3 seconds of screen time in a movie.

i would dispute that.  more people will have seen those three seconds of movie than will ever know about the old EU

Exactly. I'm old enough to have watched the original in the 70's. And frankly I couldn't give a crap about the EU, with the sole exception of Thrawn.

All I want is cool ships to fly.

I'm just not certain these hit the mark. The crewed tie fighter really seems like FFG trolling the fanbase after not giving tie sf a crew slot though.

This will be my lowest purchase wave yet - I can't really see needing more of one of each.

Sabine's TIE is exactly that, in my mind - a unique stolen craft. (Also: Sabine can fly three four different ships now!)

I can't imagine ever wanting to field more than one of that big-ass shuttle, and right now I have NO IDEA where I'll put it, I'm already putting Gozanti's on shelves and keeping TIEs docked and calling that part of my "storage solution."

I see that the scum tug-boat has some neat stuff, but I'm not likely to "need" more than one of those either.

I'm still in, but it'll be a weirdly light purchase... Maybe I'll be able to go back to paying the mortgage! 

(Who am I kidding, I'll just get a couple extra ships for Armada...)

Edited by NotBatman

Is there really that big of a Sabine Wren fan club? She has one crew card, and 3 pilot cards ...

She's an attractive female, so yes, all the star wars nerds want to bang her.

She's also, like, 15, sooooo...creeeeeepy...

Wookie says she was born 21 years BBY, that makes her 18 years old in Season 2 :P

I assume "Spa...Tracto..." is a Title for the Quad ?

If so, then the mod slot is still open ? - if it does have a white 1 reverse, then silly cost I know, but how about on the pilots with EPT, PTL & EU - so you can reverse, barrel roll back and then boost bank further out...

...it can cover an awful lot of nearby board real-estate  :wacko:

Probably a mod

Article mentioned something about tbeams and the ship has no native tbeam capability outside plutt. So these are probably the tools that enable em

It could go either way. The ShadowCaster gets its tractor beam ability through one of its pilots and/or through a title.

It also looks like the PS7 does something with bombs, and that there is an illicit that lets you do something when a ship is destroyed or upgrades are discarded.

This will be my lowest purchase wave yet - I can't really see needing more of one of each.

Sabine's TIE is exactly that, in my mind - a unique stolen craft. (Also: Sabine can fly three four different ships now!)

I can't imagine ever wanting to field more than one of that big-ass shuttle, and right now I have NO IDEA where I'll put it, I'm already putting Gozanti's on shelves and keeping TIEs docked and calling that part of my "storage solution."

I see that the scum tug-boat has some neat stuff, but I'm not likely to "need" more than one of those either.

I'm still in, but it'll be a weirdly light purchase... Maybe I'll be able to go back to paying the mortgage!

(Who am I kidding, I'll just get a couple extra ships for Armada...)

Agreed completely, 1 at best of any of these ships. The shuttle I like. The quadjumper? I didn't even know what this thing was till I read a few pages here, that god awful yellow tie I will buy but for ocd not because I want it. Thank you for the break ffg, buying 4+ of almost every ship per wave was hurting. Time to catch a breathe and save for better stuff. Edited by LordFajubi

I assume "Spa...Tracto..." is a Title for the Quad ?

If so, then the mod slot is still open ? - if it does have a white 1 reverse, then silly cost I know, but how about on the pilots with EPT, PTL & EU - so you can reverse, barrel roll back and then boost bank further out...

...it can cover an awful lot of nearby board real-estate  :wacko:

Probably a mod

Article mentioned something about tbeams and the ship has no native tbeam capability outside plutt. So these are probably the tools that enable em

It could go either way. The ShadowCaster gets its tractor beam ability through one of its pilots and/or through a title.

It also looks like the PS7 does something with bombs, and that there is an illicit that lets you do something when a ship is destroyed or upgrades are discarded.

Oh, please let it be a zero point title  :)  I love the look of this ship - guess we will have to wait a while for any more spoilers, so I will just have to play my MicroMachines one with what can be seen so far plus what I'd already dreamed up for it  :blink:

Edited by ianmiddy

Seems odd to me that the Quadjumper isn't a 1 attack ship like the HWK, given its lack of obvious weaponry and the fact that it's so obviously not a combat-oriented ship.

As for the Upsilon, I can't imagine how anybody could not have expected it. And yes, Leia's B-wing transport will also happen. That's even more obvious with the Quadjumper being in this wave. They're not going to be leaving out any TFA ships, except maybe the Stormtrooper landing boat since I'm not sure the Atmospheric Assault Lander even qualifies as a spaceship.

Seems odd to me that the Quadjumper isn't a 1 attack ship like the HWK, given its lack of obvious weaponry and the fact that it's so obviously not a combat-oriented ship.

As for the Upsilon, I can't imagine how anybody could not have expected it. And yes, Leia's B-wing transport will also happen. That's even more obvious with the Quadjumper being in this wave. They're not going to be leaving out any TFA ships, except maybe the Stormtrooper landing boat since I'm not sure the Atmospheric Assault Lander even qualifies as a spaceship.

I don't think FFG will ever make a 1-attack ship again.  I believe in an interview they outright said that.

I don't think FFG will ever make a 1-attack ship again.  I believe in an interview they outright said that.

Especially one that lacks a canon or turret slot.

I think the problem for an IP like this will always be the inevitable conflict between iconic and game mechanic function. Curious to see how the quadjumper plays- if it adds something new and interesting to the game, I don't really care how it looks.

This I can agree with 100%. I would have liked something else in its place, but I won,'t refuse to buy it if it's good.

P.S. Since FFGs new direction seems to be ' exhaust all possible on-screen ships before anything else', does that mean the most likely next Scum ship is the Mining Guild TIE Fighter from Rebels ?

That was always the policy... they just finished really quickly.

Whilst some exciting new developments to the game in both the additions and game mechanics, I'm a little sad for our Scum players not getting their epic. I personally don't play Scum but I can't help but feel that a Scum Epic would be more exciting than a Rebel TIE.

Maybe next time my Scum friends.

I'm very pumped for the shuttle. 4 attack, double tech, double crew, system slot, EPTs for higher PS pilots (or more, who knows), good-ish maneuvers (it has a green 2 bank, how bad can it be?), pretty cheap, awesome looking, great abilities.. what's not to love? Sure, you have to go with budget aces to make everything fit for a Palp Ace build, but it seems reasonable for what you're getting.

Oh and the other 2 ships are cool too.

Ok is "A Score to Settle" just crazy for 0 points or what? It's an offensive only Kallus except you get to change it to a crit instead of a hit, for 0 points.

No. The condition likely gives a bonus against the ship with the EPT in return. That makes perfect sense for a 0 point EPT.

It's been scumified. Look at all the modified transports both scums and rebels just because it started with no weapons doesn't mean it doesn't have them now. Also the designers said they would never do another 1 attack ship and that the hwk having a 1 attack was a huge mistake. 

Ok is "A Score to Settle" just crazy for 0 points or what? It's an offensive only Kallus except you get to change it to a crit instead of a hit, for 0 points.

Opportunity cost is much bigger in the EPT slot and with no defensive bonus, it's not as good.  

You can do both. Even when you eyeball out it's fun. With 4-5-6 dice who knows how much fun you can have!