Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Wave 10 Artical is up

So instead of doing something more iconic from the EU (like Nym's Scurrg) FFG and the Mouse chose a ship that just blew up while standing in a field...

"Instead of doing something from a bunch of non-canon stories that only a handful of turbo-nerds give half a **** about FFG chose a ship from one of the highest-grossing movies ever made."

I mean, I'm not saying don't be disappointed it's not something you personally care about. But come on now.

So instead of doing something more iconic from the EU (like Nym's Scurrg) FFG and the Mouse chose a ship that just blew up while standing in a field...

Yes how dare they pick ships people are familiar with (and ships from new movies) and bring new, interesting styles of play to existing factions instead of EU ships nobody knows about.

I'll never understand the tinfoil hat theories about Disney controlling FFG, lol.

The Scurrg had a story, it did stuff, even if in EU. The Quadjumper just blew up.

As for ships people are familiar with, how many people you think remember how Quadjumper looks like without rewatching the movie? I for one didn't,just rememberd the name.

No Starviper fix :(

Hopefully the Quadhopper has a pilot like deathfire that can be a cheap effective Conner Net dropper.

Upsilon shuttle, 4-attack, more hitpoints, somebody remind me what the 'coordinate' action does again? Stress dealing title.

Flying against this thing is going to suck.

Scum now wants a 4-attack ship. Imperials now have 2 and Rebels have 1. Maybe the Starviper fix should simply be it getting 1 more attack dice.

Stop blaming the devs cause you hate the new ships. Its not there fault they like a lot of us are just doing a job. Its the new bosses fault a boss that looks like a mouse and is named Disney. If you hate the ships so much just find joy in blowing them off the table when they come out.

I've just come to the conclusion that 90% of the people on this forum are either 12 years old and haven't learned to process emotions, or they don't actually like the X-wing game and are just here to troll and cry. This wave looks super exciting and full of new surprises. When they add the Rogue One ships to this wave, it will be just amazing.

So people who are disappointed about what they see in a wave either don't like the game, or are 12 year olds? I don't really follow your logic pattern here?

Maybe people just love the game so much that they're sad and possibly angry that they got a wave that doesn't interest them that much. Not everyone likes the same stuff.

I'm sorry guys, but I don't understand the need to pour hate on a wave that was barely announced today. We can't even see 25% of the upgrades and pilots yet... Maybe it would be wise to withhold judgment until we have all the information. I'm thankful that FFG continues to give us new ships to move around on a table and make "pew-pew" noises with.

I, for one, am very excited at the new possibilities. Unkar Plutt with Ketsu Onyo crew seems fun to play with the Tractor Beam mechanic. Ahoska Tano in X-Wing?? Yes please. And I'm not an imperial player, but dang it, I'm loving Kylo Ren sneaking into our game and causing havoc. 

Can we as a community take some time to celebrate the stuff we DO like, instead of immediately rushing to critique every single thing? 

Also, looks like we're getting the reinforcement ability in 100pt games. Emperor will appreciate that.

Yup, looks like ol' sparky got himself a new Chariot.

swx60_layout.png

I never have been able to figure out why those wings are so **** big.

Kylo's compensating again.

Stop blaming the devs cause you hate the new ships. Its not there fault they like a lot of us are just doing a job. Its the new bosses fault a boss that looks like a mouse and is named Disney. If you hate the ships so much just find joy in blowing them off the table when they come out.

That also is not entirely true. Disney doesn't control what FFG makes. I'm sure they have to approve the designs, but Disney doesn't restrict FFG from using certain ships, or mandate that FFG only does certain ships. That's entirely up to FFG.

And just to make my position clear, I don't hate the wave or anything silly like that. It's just very bland and uninteresting to me so I'll probably pass on it unless I really see something I like (Sabine's TIE is the only thing that catches my eye). No hard feelings.

That also is not entirely true. Disney doesn't control what FFG makes. I'm sure they have to approve the designs, but Disney doesn't restrict FFG from using certain ships, or mandate that FFG only does certain ships. That's entirely up to FFG.

And just to make my position clear, I don't hate the wave or anything silly like that. It's just very bland and uninteresting to me so I'll probably pass on it unless I really see something I like (Sabine's TIE is the only thing that catches my eye). No hard feelings.

It isn't exactly unheard of. I'm sure FFG and LFL have a good relationship. But, LFL can force them to make stuff, if they wanted to. They have done it before with the Decipher card game. 

I do want to say that there are some of us who haven't even read a majority of the EU material, but still would love to see it in the game. I would rather have the Scurrg over the Quadjumper, even though I have never read a novel it has appeared in and have seen The Force Awakens numerous times, and I would rather have, heck, a T-wing or H-wing over Sabine's Tie, even though I have only seen those ships on wookiepedia and have watched every episode of Rebels.

Seems like a lot of the posters on this topic don't understand the meaning of the word "opinion".

Personally, I'm not angry, I'm just... disappointed.

And I'm find myself wanting to like some of YWingAce's posts, which feels... strange.   ;)

Edited by FTS Gecko

Some of you guys are really quick to assume that you yourself are a representative sample both of Star Wars fans and of X-Wing players. No, the Scurrg is not iconic to anyone who didn't grow up playing bad to mediocre video games. No, the gunboat is not iconic to people who didn't grow up playing a game from 1994. Yes, people actually are interested in Sabine's TIE and there are vastly more people who would recognize Sabine's ship than the Scurrg or the gunboat. Particularly among the set of active Star Wars fans, since Sabine's ride is from a going concern while the gunboat and Scurrg have been buried for quite a while. 

Seems like a lot of the posters on this topic don't understand the meaning of the word "opinion".

Personally, I'm not angry, I'm just... disappointed.

And I'm find myself wanting to like some of YWingAce's posts, which feels... strange.   ;)

Hey, we're not that different except in out taste of ships. :D

If it's any consolation, as much as I hate the Gunboat, I think it's more deserving to be in the game then, "I was in the backround shot for 3 seconds!" Quadjumper.

Some of you guys are really quick to assume that you yourself are a representative sample both of Star Wars fans and of X-Wing players. No, the Scurrg is not iconic to anyone who didn't grow up playing bad to mediocre video games. No, the gunboat is not iconic to people who didn't grow up playing a game from 1994. Yes, people actually are interested in Sabine's TIE and there are vastly more people who would recognize Sabine's ship than the Scurrg or the gunboat. Particularly among the set of active Star Wars fans, since Sabine's ride is from a going concern while the gunboat and Scurrg have been buried for quite a while.

Again, I've never seen any source that e.g. the Scurgg is from, but I'd rather have a ship from an established source that actually does stuff and has a story, then a ship that's from the backround of a movie shot.

I do want to say that there are some of us who haven't even read a majority of the EU material, but still would love to see it in the game. I would rather have the Scurrg over the Quadjumper, even though I have never read a novel it has appeared in and have seen The Force Awakens numerous times, and I would rather have, heck, a T-wing or H-wing over Sabine's Tie, even though I have only seen those ships on wookiepedia and have watched every episode of Rebels.

And what new role do you imagine the T or H wing filling?

i'd wager more people wanted sabine's tie than the gunboat.

Until i started going onto this forum ive never even heard of the gunboat, but i knew of sabine's tie.

But strictly appealing to casual fans(and I don't mean that in a derogatory sense) over the hardcore ones that initially made X-Wing so successful is pretty bad.

Anyone able to read what the cards on the front of the fans say? I'm guessing we will have to wait until after gen con for that but maybe not.

Kylo Ren's shuttle

At the end of the combat phase you may select a ship at range 1-2 that does not have a stress token on it, the owner may assign it a stress token or choose another friendly ship at range 1-2 and assign it to that ship instead

And what new role do you imagine the T or H wing filling?

Whatever the heck FFG decided they wanted them to.

Not when the casual fans outweigh the hardcore fans by a large margin.

I have friends that play this all over the place not just in my area. All of us have 3-4 hardcore players that are super Starwars nuts, and like 30+ people that just like the game and/or like starwars but dont religiously follow it (like me)

Anyone able to read what the cards on the front of the fans say? I'm guessing we will have to wait until after gen con for that but maybe not.

Kylo Ren's shuttle

At the end of the combat phase you may select a ship at range 1-2 that does not have a stress token on it, the owner may assign it a stress token or choose another friendly ship at range 1-2 and assign it to that ship instead

Unkar Platt pilot ability: At the nd of the activation phase you must assign a tractor beam token to each ship you are touching

Edited by McFoy