Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Wave 10 Artical is up

Is it an action? You could then Ion the enemy in the activation phase and then with Wingman you could clear the stress and then ion a second time if Dace has ion cannons to triple damage.

It appears to be something that you do in the combat phase instead of attacking.

EMP is probably going to be kind of scary if Ketsu Onyo is around. EMP one round, have Ketsu block the next, TB the target out of base to base contact with Ketsu, Ketsu throws 4 dice at them (maybe take Fearlessness to add a hit on top of that) and then apply a second tractor token via the title if she hits.

Edited by WWHSD

EMP is probably going to find its way in a lot of lists. I could see some scum z randomly with it just to zoom ahead of Dengar, pop it, and have something else block for Dengar.

Yaknow, because scum players seem to never, ever NOT run Dengar these days unless its tripboat.

EMP is probably going to find its way in a lot of lists. I could see some scum z randomly with it just to zoom ahead of Dengar, pop it, and have something else block for Dengar.

Yaknow, because scum players seem to never, ever NOT run Dengar these days unless its tripboat.

You should see a spike in scum control lists after wave 10 hits I would imagine. 

I'm interested in the Upsilon... but the re-purposed Tie and quadjumper seem like near-bottom tier choices that should have been done only after just about everything else with greater history and recognition was done.

I'd have preferred more prequel-era ships before the tie and quadjumper.

Meh.

I'm interested in the Upsilon... but the re-purposed Tie and quadjumper seem like near-bottom tier choices that should have been done only after just about everything else with greater history and recognition was done.

Meh.

There weren't many Scum ships that got screen time in The Force Awakens. Han's Freighter would likely be a huge ship, and I don't think we saw anything that gave the impression that it was heavily armed. I don't know that we even see the ships that Kanjklub and the Guavian Death Gang show up in. It's possible that there might have been some ships shown taking off from Maz's castle but those would probably be open to the same criticism as the Quadjumper.

FFG has already been hitting a lot of older, more obscure sources for Scum ships. Even though the models for the Dunelizard or the Vaksai fighter might be cool to see, they are still being pulled from a game that was canceled a while ago and would just be minor variations on all of the fighters that Scum already has available. Scum already have 4 fighters that can use some help (five if you count the generic Fangs), they don't really need another one.

This is a ship that was actually in a movie and it seems to be bringing something to the faction that shifting around some stats points and the dial of existing fighters for a new model wouldn't.

Edited by WWHSD

Meh.

There weren't many Scum ships that got screen time in The Force Awakens. Han's Freighter would likely be a huge ship, and I don't think we saw anything that gave the impression that it was heavily armed. I don't know that we even see the ships that Kanjklub and the Guavian Death Gang show up in. It's possible that there might have been some ships shown taking off from Maz's castle but those would probably be open to the same criticism as the Quadjumper.

FFG has already been hitting a lot of older, more obscure sources for Scum ships. Even though the models for the Dunelizard or the Vaksai fighter might be cool to see, they are still being pulled from a game that was canceled a while ago and would just be minor variations on all of the fighters that Scum already has available. Scum already have 4 fighters that can use some help (five if you count the generic Fangs), they don't really need another one.

This is a ship that was actually in a movie and it seems to be bringing something to the faction that shifting around some stats points and the dial of existing fighters for a new model wouldn't.

I'd say the Meson Martinet would've been an excellent choice, if only more of it had been modeled than this:

Meson_Martinet_TFA.png

Plenty of pilot and crew options from that Crimson Corsair short story. But unless Disney/Lucasfilm gives FFG permission to design the whole rest of the ship, there's no way to add it to the game at this point.

Oh, and Han Solo's freighter is too big even to be a Huge ship, at 426 meters. Actually, the Meson Martinet might well be on the low end of the Huge scale, depending on exactly how far it extends forward of the engine section.

Edited by Red XIV

Hrm, I like the looks (what we see of it) of the Meson Martinet.

But does there really NEED to be a scum ship from TFA in X-wing? Why not wait until future movies, when perhaps something more interesting might present itself?

But does there really NEED to be a scum ship from TFA in X-wing? Why not wait until future movies, when perhaps something more interesting might present itself?

I figure FFG wants to put every possible ship from TFA in the game. And the same for Episodes 8 and 9. We already have everything within the game's scale from the OT, after all.

As for the the Martinet, for whatever reason I envision the front end as looking something similar to one of these ships (except bigger, given the size of the rear section):

VCX-350.jpg

YG-4210.jpg

You should see a spike in scum control lists after wave 10 hits I would imagine.

I wonder if that will see a corresponding spike in stress-mitigation cards? Either way, it sounds like bad news for El Barone and Psycho Tycho.

Seeing as the tech upgrade seems to be limited to only TFA era ships, not giving Scum a TFA ship locks them out of those upgrades. The Upsilon Shuttle is coming with two new tech upgrades that they may be support oriented.

I guess we have different ideas about what makes a ship interesting. The Quadjumper looks like it is going to fill a role in Scum lists where there aren't currently many options.   

Meh.

I'd say the Meson Martinet would've been an excellent choice, if only more of it had been modeled than this:

Meson_Martinet_TFA.png

Plenty of pilot and crew options from that Crimson Corsair short story. But unless Disney/Lucasfilm gives FFG permission to design the whole rest of the ship, there's no way to add it to the game at this point.

Oh, and Han Solo's freighter is too big even to be a Huge ship, at 426 meters. Actually, the Meson Martinet might well be on the low end of the Huge scale, depending on exactly how far it extends forward of the engine section.

Scum doesn't really need another large base ship. They've already got 5 of them (Imperials will have 4 and Rebels 3).

Edited by WWHSD

Most scummies fly around in large ships. Can't smuggle or kidnap without cargo space. Scum should have an overabundance of large ships or 'medium' ships with lots of scummy crew. And Aggressor should have been 'medium' instead but that would have made brobots even more OP, other than scaling them back to small base boosts.

And yes, huge scum is sorely lacking. Jabba's space barge, Action IV, Scum Gozanti retool, Lady Luck, they need all the huges!

Han's freighter is large enough to fit the Falcon in its hangar and have plenty of free space. That would put that thing about the size of the epic playmat to scale, or very close to it.

Plus, anything it would do would literally be  made up since aside from a tractor beam and have a ton of cargo space, and illicits, wth does it do? lol

It fires those spaghetti and meatball monsters s at people, I'm sure

Don't miss with the Handmaidens of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Their noodly appendages will hasten your way to their Maws of Doom and Belching.

Han's freighter is large enough to fit the Falcon in its hangar and have plenty of free space. That would put that thing about the size of the epic playmat to scale, or very close to it.

Plus, anything it would do would literally be  made up since aside from a tractor beam and have a ton of cargo space, and illicits, wth does it do? lol

Wookiepedia says 426m, making it about 158cm (bit more than 5ft) in X-wing scale. That's more than a playmat.

Wookiepedia says 426m, making it about 158cm (bit more than 5ft) in X-wing scale. That's more than a playmat.

Epic ships (besides the gozanti) arent the same scale as the rest

Even at the same scale as the corvettes the Baleen will take up most of the field.

Even at the same scale as the corvettes the Baleen will take up most of the field.

Oh I get that, was just pointing out that being bigger than the playmat at scale doesn't necessarily mean the ship would be bigger than the playmat if they actually made it since they use a sliding scale for epics.  Not that they'd actually make it since it's too big

If would longer than the Nebulon Frigate that Space Rocks used to make. And that thing is ridiculous. And very pricey.

Still, it's one of the few ships in SW that actually looks like a space ship.

Still waiting for the Marauder Corvette for scum. And the canon Gunship from ROTJ, approx Gozanti length.