Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Wave 10 Artical is up

I didn't see any discussion about this line in the wave10 article.

"They make it possible for you to dramatically alter your squadron deployment."

Of what was revealed, nothing has this ability. What does it mean?

Looks like "Hyp... Comm..." Talks about doing something during "Place Forces"

I haven't seen a lot of talk about the amount of tractor beam tokens the quad is pictured with. 5 tractor tokens...

The PS3 pilot, Unkar Plutt, assigns a token to every ship that is touching him at the end of the activation phase.

Edited by WWHSD

Just means the article is full of crap same as always.

Hyperspace Comms Relay?

Hyperspace Comms Relay?

Option one: lets you reposition your deployment of so-upgraded ships after the normal PS order.

Option two: lets you, eg, deploy further into the map.

Option three: something really weird, Lynne deploying a while turn later or something.

I haven't seen a lot of talk about the amount of tractor beam tokens the quad is pictured with. 5  tractor tokens...

Zoom in on the visible pilot card, Unkar Plutt. He assigns Tractor Beam tokens to each ship he is touching, friend or foe, at the start of the combat phase. Awesome ability. Might be something in the upgrades that assigns them, also.

I haven't seen a lot of talk about the amount of tractor beam tokens the quad is pictured with. 5  tractor tokens...

Zoom in on the visible pilot card, Unkar Plutt. He assigns Tractor Beam tokens to each ship he is touching, friend or foe, at the start of the combat phase. Awesome ability. Might be something in the upgrades that assigns them, also.

Im thinking there has to be something in the upgrades as well. Being cargo transports, they would make use of tractor beams alot, so it makes sense.

Perhaps the "Scav....C..." Card, or the "Spa... Tracto..."

These things are going to be interesting.

Im thinking there has to be something in the upgrades as well. Being cargo transports, they would make use of tractor beams alot, so it makes sense.

Perhaps the "Scav....C..." Card, or the "Spa... Tracto..."

These things are going to be interesting.

Great point! Hadn't even considered the usefulness of Tractor Beams in shipping or towin.

I'm hoping they do actually get Tractor Beams as actual guns.

Unless their shtick is that the tractor beam is linked to the blammy part, anyway. ;)

Eh

See I always thought the WORST part about tbeams was the fact that they're tied to an attack

Note NOT that they take your attack, but rather that their effectiveness is linked directly to your ps and dice

That just makes them so **** difficult to build and utilize effectively

So along comes a potential ACTION triggered tbeams and a Guaranteed Plutt, the best **** pilot to ever be, and suddenly what is maybe the coolest mechanic in the game can finally live up to its full potential

Seriously, the only way it could be better is if they released a seismic charge that dealt tbeam tokens instead of damage

So.....there are a lot of pages that I haven't read on this.  Can anyone give me summary as to what the Skyjumper might have for special stuff?  I think something about maybe it going backwards?

Basically everything we have is glimpsed from the teaser image

And theres a LOT to glimpse there

So.....there are a lot of pages that I haven't read on this.  Can anyone give me summary as to what the Skyjumper might have for special stuff?  I think something about maybe it going backwards?

- It looks like it has a rule card that starts out with the word "Reverse".

- It looks like it has an S-Loop rule card.

- The article says it will have 6 1-speed maneuvers. 

- The PS3 Pilot puts a tractor token on everything it's in base to base contact with at the end of the action phase.

- There appears to be a Quadjumper only card that assigns a tractor token using an action.

- There appears to be an illicit card that does something with destroyed ships and/or discarded cards.

- The PS3 ship is 17 points. The PS1 ship will probably be about 15 points.

- The ship has a 2/2/5/0 statline with the focus and barrel-roll action.

- There are PS1, 3, 5, and 7 pilots. Only the PS1 is generic.

- It has illicit, crew, tech, and bomb upgrade slots. The PS 5 and 7 pilots have an EPT.

- It comes with a zero point EPT that lets you designate a target. The ship with the EPT can change one eyeball to a crit result when attacking the designated target. The designated target gets some sort of bonus as well but that is not completely visible.

Edited by WWHSD

Oh, goodie.  Yet another standard TIE Fighter repaint.

To be fair, it's only the second. FO and SF are different, especially the Sf

I disagree.  Functionally, they may be different, and from a lore standpoint, they're very different.  However, as models go, at the end of the day you still have a ball cockpit and two vertical, hexagonal panels with just minor, cosmetic differences.

Third

Gonzati blue!

There's the Gozanti TIEs and Sabine's TIE. That's two repaints. Which one am I missing?

Edited by WWHSD

- The PS3 Pilot puts a tractor token on everything it's in base to base contact with at the end of the action phase.

- There appears to be a Quadjumper only card that assigns a tractor token using an action.

- There appears to be an illicit card that does something with destroyed ships and/or discarded cards.

- It has illicit, crew, tech, and bomb upgrade slots. The PS 5 and 7 pilots have an EPT.

- It comes with a zero point EPT that lets you designate a target. The ship with the EPT can change one eyeball to a crit result when attacking the designated target. The designated target gets some sort of bonus as well but that is not completely visible.

Thank you very much!   That's much more info than I hoped for.  Almost makes me want to ask about the other two ships.  I'm sure I missed most info on those.  

The Jumpmaster actually seems pretty cool.  I could get behind this one.  It's got Crew, Tech, and Bombs!  That's pretty cool on it's own, especially for a cheap little ship that you can throw out there.  The Tractor Beam stuff seems pretty neat.  

I think the Bat-wing is the one I'm least interested in at the moment.

I disagree.  Functionally, they may be different, and from a lore standpoint, they're very different.  However, as models go, at the end of the day you still have a ball cockpit and two vertical, hexagonal panels with just minor, cosmetic differences.

The others are different sculpts. That's not subjective.

Oh true I thought we were counting the base tie too

Oh, goodie. Yet another standard TIE Fighter repaint.

I disagree. Functionally, they may be different, and from a lore standpoint, they're very different. However, as models go, at the end of the day you still have a ball cockpit and two vertical, hexagonal panels with just minor, cosmetic differences.

So...in the absolutely most shallow way they're similar

I fail to see why anyone would care? That's basically the entire empire ship small ship lineup in a nutshell

Edited by ficklegreendice

Thank you very much!   That's much more info than I hoped for.  Almost makes me want to ask about the other two ships.  I'm sure I missed most info on those.  

The Jumpmaster actually seems pretty cool.  I could get behind this one.  It's got Crew, Tech, and Bombs!  That's pretty cool on it's own, especially for a cheap little ship that you can throw out there.  The Tractor Beam stuff seems pretty neat.  

I think the Bat-wing is the one I'm least interested in at the moment.

It looks like it might be a nice support/utility piece that doesn't take up a third of your list.