Jump to content
Boba Rick

IMPERIAL ASSAULT APP

Recommended Posts

my questions are :
- will it be released this year ?
- usually how much time does testing take in FFG games ?

- will it be updated over the time or app release will just be for core box and maybe first 2 boxes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is GREAT news!  I am inspired to start back up the painting.  Imperial Assault is the perfect game for an APP.  I love the minis, the map tiles, the campaign story.  Finally a true co-op experience for Star Wars tabletop gaming.  Lazy GM's rejoice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So obviously a co-op app makes solo play as rebels possible, but I wonder if solo play as empire will ever be a thing?  I personally love being empire and I love the agenda decks, so if I could have some AI on the heroes, then that would be awesome.  I just think it's sorta unlikely unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've stated the app is a lot more work than they thought. That is a problem, when the job is better than expected. Pretty sure the app takes the place of the imperial player allowing co-op campaigning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mep said:

They've stated the app is a lot more work than they thought. That is a problem, when the job is better than expected. Pretty sure the app takes the place of the imperial player allowing co-op campaigning.

Again, no one from FFG had ever stated anything about it taking the place of the Imperial Player or that it was anything like the Descent app.  That's only ever been fan speculation.

Of course, I'm not saying it won't, just that it's not something they ever promised.  It's been said so many times at this point that if it doesn't happen people will be upset with them because of something they never stated.

11 minutes ago, neosmagus said:

When did they state that?

He might be right now that I'm thinking of it... I can't remember if that was something I read on the forums or something the said at the In Flight report from GenCon.  I can't go back to check the video right now though.

This is the exact problem I'm talking about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

He might be right now that I'm thinking of it... I can't remember if that was something I read on the forums or something the said at the In Flight report from GenCon.  I can't go back to check the video right now though.

This is the exact problem I'm talking about!

During this year's in-flight report the presenter said something along the lines of "I've done some work with the digital department before, and it turns out software development is a lot more difficult that I thought it would be".  That may have been a surprise for him, but I can assure you that it's no surprise at all for those of us who work in software development :P
 

This year is the first time we've actually had any sort of progress update on the app at all (we know it's in testing), so really it's impossible for us to say one way or the other whether the development process has been good/bad/easy/hard/fast/slow/whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

During this year's in-flight report the presenter said something along the lines of "I've done some work with the digital department before, and it turns out software development is a lot more difficult that I thought it would be".  That may have been a surprise for him, but I can assure you that it's no surprise at all for those of us who work in software development :P
 

This year is the first time we've actually had any sort of progress update on the app at all (we know it's in testing), so really it's impossible for us to say one way or the other whether the development process has been good/bad/easy/hard/fast/slow/whatever.

Difficult is a safe way of describing their process. They are clearly having troubles in house since they are looking to third parties for help with their software development. Also, they have done software before this app, so they are familiar enough with software development. Clearly this project has been more "difficult" than they thought it would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mep said:

Difficult is a safe way of describing their process. They are clearly having troubles in house since they are looking to third parties for help with their software development. Also, they have done software before this app, so they are familiar enough with software development. Clearly this project has been more "difficult" than they thought it would be.

They're a board game developer/publisher, not a software house, going to a third party is actually the smart decision. And apps like that are different from dice rollers. In no way does that suggest they had troubles or comment on what they thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, neosmagus said:

They're a board game developer/publisher, not a software house, going to a third party is actually the smart decision. And apps like that are different from dice rollers. In no way does that suggest they had troubles or comment on what they thought.

Well you are right, they aren't set up to do software. However they have done more than just dice rolling apps in the past. When one says things are difficult, that means they are having problems, otherwise, they would say things are easy. It's one of those English things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...