Jump to content
Boba Rick

IMPERIAL ASSAULT APP

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Oh crap, do you think they have taken so **** long with giving us any information because they're planning to released IA 2nd edition core set with app support? 

If they do, I would like to get a "core set upgrade kit" that brings you up to speed without the full investment. Plus I wouldn't have to repaint all the minis. Just a box of revised cards and rulebooks would suffice. Plus the app download, of course.

Edited by VadersMarchKazoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tvboy said:

 

Oh crap, do you think they have taken so **** long with giving us any information because they're planning to released IA 2nd edition core set with app support? 

I hadn't considered that, though I admit it's possible. I feel like it's a bit too early for a "2nd edition" to come out though. IA isn't even 5 years old. And a 2nd edition would be another "big box" sized expansion. It just feels unlikely that they'd put three big boxes out back to back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tvboy said:

Oh crap, do you think they have taken so **** long with giving us any information because they're planning to released IA 2nd edition core set with app support? 

We still have an unreleased expansion coming, so no, 2nd edition is not coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mortalo said:

We still have an unreleased expansion coming, so no, 2nd edition is not coming.

I mean, didn't AGoT 2.0 get announced before the last set for 1.0 released in the interest of full disclosure and so players would know ahead of time that the next set they were buying was for a dead game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

App confirmed, in testing, as I said in the other thread this finally puts the debate to rest. You don't make it to the play test stage if you are still fighting legal battles, lol.  Just curious to all the negative nancies, how does it feel to be so wrong?

Because it feels GREAT to be SOOOOO right :D

Christmas release is my guess, thats why they staggered the box releases differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Belvasques said:

 

I saw comments about an IA 2.0 will be that the app would come with a game update.

 

 


Would this 2.0 story be real?

Nothing's impossible, but I would think this is very unlikely.  Most of the time when a completely new version of the game is released it is done to fix some problem at the core of the old game.  I just don't see any kind of big problem like that with IA, and with the game being so new and still going strong with new expansion content I really can't see them wanting to do a reset like that.

Part of the reason people are so excited about the app is because they really like IA but don't get a chance to play it enough when they need a human opponent.  Releasing the app, but then also telling all of those people that they still couldn't play the IA game they already bought and are waiting to play, seems like it would generate a lot of bad feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this app is being projected to be released in less than 4 months and all they can tell us is "it exists"?

Looking forward to another year of "I heard there's an app for this game" threads popping up every week on here BGG and Reddit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the Descent app works is that they created new campaigns that just draws on the existing content. The more content you own, physical content, the more in App content there will be. For instance, owning one of the expansions opens up possible side quests which draw upon tiles/monsters/bosses from those expansions. You also get the whole weapon/item selection expanded with each purchase.

Then they went a step further and created an expansion that SPECIFICALLY uses content from one of their big boxes, Nerekhall. Its a really good campaign, their best for sure.

So we can totally expect to be able to use every single expansion/blister we've bought to this point, immediately yes and in the future with expansion specific campaigns. I also imagine they are improving on this model for Star Wars as the allies/villains are much more prominent in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, EpicBubbleSA said:

The App delay is probably the biggest reason why we had a switch between the April Small Box announcement and the Gen Con big box announcement. 

The app was never delayed.  They only ever said it was targeted for Q4 2017.

42 minutes ago, totalnoob said:

So Christmas small box release that is the first intended for use with the app? I would love for all the campaigns (Core, Hoth, etc) to be app compatible, but is that too much to ask?

If they're planning another box for this year I think they would have announced it today.  I mean, no one can say for certain, but it seems unlikely.  As for all campaigns being compatible, I hope that will be the case.

18 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Wow, this app is being projected to be released in less than 4 months and all they can tell us is "it exists"?

Looking forward to another year of "I heard there's an app for this game" threads popping up every week on here BGG and Reddit. 

They said it's in playtesting.  Unless they find serious issues I wouldn't worry to much about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2017 at 0:25 PM, Mortalo said:


No, AI would not be as good as actual player. And we know that from Descent app. Still it's better to play it that way then not play at all. And for many of us, it would be app or no go.

And (I like to start a new sentence with "and" :D ) from Descent app we know that it would be good on both ipad and computer (putting those big TVs to some quality use at last).

 

I find that if you don't lose to it, your skill level goes down.

what if the reason it is taking so long is they are also trying to add all the stuff from the soon to be out box as well?

Edited by ATM2100
extend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

The app was never delayed.  They only ever said it was targeted for Q4 2017.

If they're planning another box for this year I think they would have announced it today.  I mean, no one can say for certain, but it seems unlikely.  As for all campaigns being compatible, I hope that will be the case.

They said it's in playtesting.  Unless they find serious issues I wouldn't worry to much about that.

I don't know a ton about digital development, but based on what I do know, if you're still playtesting in August, you're probably not releasing in December unless that game is the only thing you're entire office is working on for that 3 months. If this app was coming out in 2017, they would have something they could show us by now, but it sounds like they're not even past the halfway point.

I will be happy to be wrong. FFG really screwed up opening their big mouths back in 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that this is all good news. Yes, we'll definitely get an app. And yes, they even told us where they are at in the process! I'm hopeful for a Christmas release building around the hype of Ep. 8 but I agree that it might be 2018 (hopefully early).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrogTrigger said:

App confirmed, in testing, as I said in the other thread this finally puts the debate to rest. You don't make it to the play test stage if you are still fighting legal battles, lol.  Just curious to all the negative nancies, how does it feel to be so wrong?

Because it feels GREAT to be SOOOOO right :D

Christmas release is my guess, thats why they staggered the box releases differently.

To be fair absolutely nothing has changed. This is the exact same info given at Celebration and last Gencon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tvboy said:

I don't know a ton about digital development, but based on what I do know, if you're still playtesting in August, you're probably not releasing in December unless that game is the only thing you're entire office is working on for that 3 months. If this app was coming out in 2017, they would have something they could show us by now, but it sounds like they're not even past the halfway point.

I will be happy to be wrong. FFG really screwed up opening their big mouths back in 2016.

Testing is the last thing you do.  Sort of.  You develop, you test, you fix, you test again, you fix again, you test... eventually the testing results in it passing.  They didn't say that they just started testing.  It's possible they've been testing for the last 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Testing is the last thing you do.  Sort of.  You develop, you test, you fix, you test again, you fix again, you test... eventually the testing results in it passing.  They didn't say that they just started testing.  It's possible they've been testing for the last 6 months.

Also, it's digital. It doesn't take months for the app to be printed and cross an ocean to finally end up on store shelves. When it's done, they'll load it into the App Store and sell it. 

Edited by Fightwookies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TylerTT said:

I think they would be silly to not try and get a small box app enabled version of the game out there but FFG is a mystery to me these days.

I really think this isn't going to happen. I think it will essentially be like the Descent app. The boxed expansions will be the same but they'll support them by adding their content and some side missions to the app. 

-ryanjamal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...