Boba Rick

IMPERIAL ASSAULT APP

Anyone else notice that the tweet has been deleted from FFGs twitter feed? Someone probably jumped the gun and then realized that they probably still needed to figure out the licensing as EA has exclusive rights to all Star Wars digital games. Yes, this technically isn't an outright digital game in the traditional sense, but this Licensing stuff gets beyond stupid. Witness FFG having to work out some special deal with Hasbro and re-classify IA from a board game to a miniatures game (even though Descent is still a board game) just to get it released.

Edited by Otakuon

Really bothers me that they deleted the Tweet as well.  Maybe someone will be able to ask about the deleted tweet on the floor today and get something other than "We do not comment on unreleased content."

Awesome video, Chris does fantastic.

He does say "hopefully" so lets bear that in mind, its not a dead cert. Give em some space and keep fingers crossed :)

I took that to mean "hopefully you'll see more info about it next year". As in, I'm officially announcing today that it will come out, but it's not that far along yet that I can give you any specifics beyond that.

But we're splitting hairs at this point.

Edited by Don_Silvarro

Awesome video, Chris does fantastic.

He does say "hopefully" so lets bear that in mind, its not a dead cert. Give em some space and keep fingers crossed :)

I took that to mean "hopefully you'll see more info about it next year". As in, I'm officially announcing today that it will come out, but it's not that far along yet that I can give you any specifics beyond that.

But we're splitting hairs at this point.

Yes I think there are enough unknowns to just sit tight and wait with bated breath.

My hopefullness likes your interpretation the best but lets hope :)

Imperial Assault campaign is co-op between the rebel players, so technically you can have any number of players control 4 heroes, and it keeps the balance. (And one player could be the Command, deciding the rebel strategy from round to round.) How well this would work or fail depends on the group.

Using two imperial players is another solution I have heard used.

As for the app, such questions are a bit premature when don't know what type of app it will be. Hopefully FFG gives more information as soon as they know themselves. :D

Edited by a1bert

4 hours ago, a1bert said:

Each question about the app delays the release by 1 month. ;)

(We know from GAMA that it's still in development, so at least it has not been scrapped.)

You got it wrong a1bert, it delays everything by 1 month, not just the app.  this is why we haven't heard of this year's small box yet...  <_<

55 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

So because we didn't get any word on the app at celebration, what exactly did they talk about ? The future of Star Wars games, was that just Destiny and X-Wing? Should we take that as a sign?

I doubt it.  I think the release schedule will be slowed to accommodate for the Destiny and Runewars hype, but I think this game is still in good shape.  They know what the app will bring, if Descent is any indication, so they aren't going to abandon a line that's strong and will get stronger. 

-ryanjamal