Boba Rick

IMPERIAL ASSAULT APP

Brilliant news :)

Do we know if it's going to be both on Android and for Apple devices? (not that I care so much about the Apple stuff, but I hope it's available for android :))

Edited by FixB

7 minutes ago, FixB said:

Brilliant news :)

Do we know if it's going to be both on Android and for Apple devices? (not that I care so much about the Apple stuff, but I hope it's available for android :))

The descent app was on Android, apple and in the steam store IIRC, this should be the same.

41 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

After reading the rulebook, I'm curious how cards like Suppressive Fire and Hammer and Anvil will be handled. Just let the players choose?

Imperial Rule: Choose the option that is most punishing to the rebels. (I love that they used "most punishing" rather than "least advantageous.")

Which I'm going to add to Mansions of Madness as the Mythos Rule. 

2 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

Imperial Rule: Choose the option that is most punishing to the rebels. (I love that they used "most punishing" rather than "least advantageous.")

Arkham Horror LCG has that rule as well...  Hmm, might add it to Mansions if it gets too easy...

Edited by neosmagus

19 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

This rule is for the Imperial activation instructions. It does not describe what to do during player turns for choices that the Imperial player would make. It might be possible to use that rule for non-activation choices as well but it doesn't feel straightforward. Deciding which hero attacking first would be the more punishing for Hammer and Anvil doesn't seem very straightforward.

Just now, Ixidor said:

This rule is for the Imperial activation instructions. It does not describe what to do during player turns for choices that the Imperial player would make. It might be possible to use that rule for non-activation choices as well but it doesn't feel straightforward. Deciding which hero attacking first would be the more punishing for Hammer and Anvil doesn't seem very straightforward.

There's nothing here that implies that the Imperial Rule applies to the actions of the Rebel Characters, but rather the actions of Imperial/Merc units and game state.  

Of course you can activate and make decisions for the rebel characters to their greatest advantage that it literally the point of the game. 

15 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

There's nothing here that implies that the Imperial Rule applies to the actions of the Rebel Characters, but rather the actions of Imperial/Merc units and game state.  

Of course you can activate and make decisions for the rebel characters to their greatest advantage that it literally the point of the game. 

In Hammer and Anvil the Imperial Figure gets to choose the order of the attacks (even though it is a rebel ability) and one of those attacks doesn't have a defense die.  It seems to me that it should fall under the Imperial Rule like anything else.

As for how to choose which order is the most "punishing", I suspect that situations like this will come up a lot.  If you're able to figure out which would be worse, do so (e.g. Maybe you're rolling against a white-die character, in which case you would probably want to roll against the biggest attack to try and dodge it.  Or maybe you think you can avoid a stun by rolling against Gideon's starter weapon).  Just put yourself in the shoes of the imperial player and say "what would I want if I were in that situation".

But if it doesn't seem to make any difference or you can't figure out which one is worse?  Just pick one and keep going - chances are that if it wasn't obvious it probably didn't have much of an impact anyway :).

Edited by ManateeX

I just realized something exciting!

I took off work for the 14th and 15th of December (for TLJ, naturally) and had originally planned to play Battlefront II during that time.  I decided against that since the game looks like hot garbage, and haven't really known that I was going to do with myself to get pumped up- now, hopefully, I'll be able to play this solo!

Hardly a better way to celebrate a new Star Wars movie by playing your favorite Star Wars game, is there?

edit: Also, just sayin'- it'd be real swell if the app had built in turn timers.  Maybe even for use in regular booklet campaigns, too.

Edited by subtrendy2

I think Dec 4th is logical if they really want to boost christmas sales of IA. Any later and they'll miss it. I don' think it's a coincidence that we get this news a few days before black friday (in the US). 

Sub-T: Don't believe all the hype. BF2 is pretty fun, perhaps not perfect. I personally have had a great time playing both PvP and campaign. Feel free to wait for it to go on sale, but I'm not going to let the internet trolls ruin my enjoyment:) Note: I am glad they've stopped the pay-for-play.

13 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

Best guess when this comes out?  I have five kids and four of them want to play WITH me not AGAINST me.

The other one is three and he just wants to steal all the figures.

Feel ya brother. Enjoy. You will be passing the torch, er, dice, soon.

21 hours ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

I think Dec 4th is logical if they really want to boost christmas sales of IA. Any later and they'll miss it. I don' think it's a coincidence that we get this news a few days before black friday (in the US). 

Sub-T: Don't believe all the hype. BF2 is pretty fun, perhaps not perfect. I personally have had a great time playing both PvP and campaign. Feel free to wait for it to go on sale, but I'm not going to let the internet trolls ruin my enjoyment:) Note: I am glad they've stopped the pay-for-play.

Iam loving bf2 and I'm top 3 with no purchases so pay to win is bs. The only thing I don't like is that it take ages to unlock stuff by playing. 

And I can't wait for the app to come out just the fact that I can play it solo or with my wife is worth it