Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

I wonder how many chaos tokens exist...

As for substituting the chaos bags with the dice, I think it would be possible without having to customize them. Just create an equivalence sheet/card for each scenario/difficulty and roll the dice that would fit the number of tokens best. You can even change dice mid game if the number of tokens is altered somehow.

Sounds like it would work - unless there are 17 tokens in the bag or something like that.

If I get this game the Chaos tokens are the first thing to go, either via app or dice.  I hate trying to randomize tokens in a bag, it's the worst part of Eldritch/Arkham Horror and Elder Sign.

If I get this game the Chaos tokens are the first thing to go, either via app or dice.  I hate trying to randomize tokens in a bag, it's the worst part of Eldritch/Arkham Horror and Elder Sign.

Shaking the bag doesn't work?

Shaking the bag doesn't work?

Not all that well, I find you either have to shake the hell out of it or shake and give it a manual stirring or you start seeing the same critters popping up over and over.  Tokens-in-sacks is just a fiddly business that I'd rather have dice or an app for, they really didn't need to shoehorn that mechanic from Arkham Horror into the LCG.

I just found my new chaos cup on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/114495858/cthulhu-pen-cup-dice-cup-patinated

A little pricey, but I'm a sucker for premium game pieces, it seems...

And hey, if by some weird circumstance we end up not liking Arkham Horror LCG, I'm sure we will find another use for it. Who doesn't need an extra Lovecraftian cup around the house? ;)