Judgement Dave

Petition Asking FFG to Provide a UGC Scenario Editor for Mansions of Madness e2

202 posts in this topic

After Julia asked the devs about the possibility of a scenario editor for player created scenarios (aka User Generated Content or UGC) they suggested we start petitions for such on these forums and BGG. So, having not seen one here already, I'm starting one.

You may have seen that I started a similar thread over on BoardGameGeek, but if you visit these forums but not BGG then you may be interested in signing this.

Petition Asking FFG to Provide a UGC Scenario Editor for Mansions of Madness e2

The creation of the 2nd edition of Mansions of Madness from Fantasy Flight Games added a program to act as game master for scenarios. This is a great step forward, allowing for scenario variation/randomisation to increase replayability but sadly stops the production/play of player created scenarios (or User Generated Content, UGC).

The 1st edition of Mansions of Madness saw some excellent UGC scenarios that greatly enriched the game and it would be a shame to lose this from the 2nd edition. 

To rectify this, we ask Fantasy Flight Games to please look into creating a scenario editor for players/users to create and share their own adventures to play using the games master program.

If you'd like to add your name to the petition, please reply to this post with a me too/I'd like this. I'll see how this goes and notify FFG customer service about it when it's got some steam.

In support of it! Already getting the game but increased replayability would be great.

Edited by GoldenBoy99

Count me in! Also, although I may get some grief for saying this, I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable price for the editor if they need to charge for it. (It would probably cost a bit of time/money to work it in to the app & pretty it up enough to keep people happy).

That would be totally awesome! :wub:

The possibility of custom scenarios in Mansion of Madness First Edition 'saved' my Call of Cthulhu roleplaying campaign.

Since me and my players lives got busier and busier over the years, we didn't have the time and focus anymore to commit to the complexity of a roleplaying game.

Then I made the experiment to create versions of their characters for Mansions of Madness and transformed my adventure ideas into custom scenarios for the boardgame.

My players were blown away when I surprised them with this during a casual evening of boardgaming. That way we could still enjoy Cthulhu stories with their characters without having to commit to a fullblown rpg.

I know my friends would love to be able to explore this kind of approach with the new system.

So please, dear Fantasy Flight Games - help me to surprise them once again and make this happen! :)

Edited by LagAdder
phil mccracken and cyberthorn like this

After playing a few games with my group, I'd love a scenario editor.  I'm neither expecting it to be free, or to be able to play other user's scenarios without the editor (basically that you have to have the editor to play other user's scenarios too is perfectly fine in my book).  It's clear from playing that there must be some scripting language that would be awesome if it was available for general use.

Im signing this, though I accept/expect the work involved to cost money so would be fine with it being a paid for upgrade (though free is better ofcourse)