Sign in to follow this  

The WORST Hero

Round 1 is finished! Dwalin, Bombur and Fatty had all the votes and Ori somehow got here twice.

ROUND 2

A:Tactics Merry-Thalin

B:Lore Faramir-Spirit Pippin

C:Frodo Baggins-Dúnhere

D:Óin-Elladan

E:Balin-Lanwyn

F:Dwalin-Gimli

G:Elrohir-Tactics Théoden

H:Brand Son of Bain-Dori

I:Lore Denethor-Mirlonde

J:Théodred-Bombur

K:Elfhelm-Bifur

L:Ori-Idraen

M:Éomer-Erkenbrand

N:Galdor of the Havens-Beorn

O:Treebeard-Fatty Bolger

P:Prince Imrahil-Bilbo Baggins and Spirit Merry were missing here. Just choose once and then him or Imra.

Edit:Erestor was the one replaced by Ori. He never would win this anyway, so it's OK.

Edited by 987654321

A: Thalin
B: Spirit Pippin
C: Dúnhere
D: Óin
E: Lanwyn
F: Dwalin
G: Tactics Théoden
H: Dori
I: Lore Denethor
J: Bombur
K: Elfhelm
L: Idraen
M: Erkenbrand
N: Galdor of the Havens
O: Fatty Bolger
P: Bilbo Baggins

A: Tactics Merry
B: Spirit Pippin
C: Dúnhere
D: Elladan
E: Balin
F: Dwalin
G: Elrohir
H: Dori
I: Mirlonde
J: Bombur
K: Bifur
L: Idraen
M: Éomer
N: Beorn
O: Fatty Bolger
P: Prince Imrahil

A:Tactics Merry-Thalin - Merry enable some neat combos
B:Lore Faramir-Spirit Pippin - No comment
C:Frodo Baggins-Dúnhere - Frodo is solid, Dunhere only cheesy
D:Óin-Elladan - The twins deck is not so bad and surely fun to play
E:Balin-Lanwyn - Very Close! I Chose Balin, because Lanwyn is relative unique at dealing with surge and Balins shadow Change has many alternatives these days
F:Dwalin-Gimli - Gimli is an attack monster
G:Elrohir-Tactics Théoden - If you vote for one...
H:Brand Son of Bain-Dori - Brand can actually be useful
I:Lore Denethor-Mirlonde - Denethor is not bad just doesn't fit many decks
J:Théodred-Bombur - both deliver a form of Utility, but Theodred does it better in most cases
K:Elfhelm-Bifur - Close, but Elfhelm is new and shiny :D
L:Ori-Idraen - A Little unsure, but when Idraen triggers it is cool
M:Éomer-Erkenbrand - Eomer hits to hard jsut to reliably :)
N:Galdor of the Havens-Beorn - Give Beorn 2 defense!
O:Treebeard-Fatty Bolger - No comment
P:Prince Imrahil-Bilbo Baggins and Spirit Merry were missing here. - Bilbo just costs 3 threat to much (I house-rule him as 6, but I don't count that for this "championship" ofc :D)         

ROUND 2
A:Tactics Merry-Thalin (While the HP of our enemies has gone up and up Thalin's ability becomes less usefull)
B:Lore Faramir-Spirit Pippin (Just useless...)
C:Frodo Baggins-Dúnhere (Man the heroes to chose from get worse and worse every round ;) Dunhere has just not the power to kill enemys anymore)
D:Óin-Elladan (Elladan is at least usefull with his brother statwise, the dwarf not so much)
E:Balin-Lanwyn (Lanwyn gets really hard matchups but I would choose her over Balin)
F:Dwalin-Gimli (Another dwarf matchup, Dwalin looses this one clearly against Gimli)
G:Elrohir-Tactics Théoden (Tactics Théoden is just not useful, sorry)
H:Brand Son of Bain-Dori (Dori still going strong in this contest :P )
I:Lore Denethor-Mirlonde (Denethor can do a better job in defending then Mirlonde can do in anything)
J:Théodred-Bombur (Both! If I really have to choose it's Bombur simply because Theodred gets you a resource at least)
K:Elfhelm-Bifur (Elfhelm is so great, why is he still in this poll?)
L:Ori-Idraen (Hm hard call but I use Idraen more then Ori, so it's the dwarf again)
M:Éomer-Erkenbrand (Seriously? Both heroes are great and don't deserve a spot here...)
N:Galdor of the Havens-Beorn (Can't vota against the bear :) )
O:Treebeard-Fatty Bolger (Fatty "wins" this one by a mile)
P:Prince Imrahil-Bilbo Baggins and Spirit Merry were missing here. Just choose once and then him or Imra. (Bilbos stats are crap AND he has 9 starting threat which is wayyyyyyyyy to much)

Seems like dwarfs have a really tough time here. :) After all they are not great if you can't play them with Dain. But they will have Fatty Bolger and Bilbo as there safty net but. Even Dori could stand against those two hobbits. :P         

My vote for

ROUND 2

A:Tactics Merry

B:Spirit Pippin

C:Dunhere

D:Óin

E:Lanwyn

F:Dwalin

G:Elrohir

H:Dori

I:Lore Denethor

J:Bombur

K:Bifur

L:Ori

M:Éomer

N:Beorn

O:Fatty Bolger

P:Prince Imrahil

Round 1 is finished! Dwalin, Bombur and Fatty had all the votes and Ori somehow got here twice.

ROUND 2

A:Tactics Merry-Thalin

B:Lore Faramir-Spirit Pippin

C:Frodo Baggins-Dúnhere

D:Óin-Elladan

E:Balin-Lanwyn

F:Dwalin-Gimli

G:Elrohir-Tactics Théoden

H:Brand Son of Bain-Dori

I:Lore Denethor-Mirlonde

J:Théodred-Bombur

K:Elfhelm-Bifur

L:Ori-Idraen

M:Éomer-Erkenbrand

N:Galdor of the Havens-Beorn

O:Treebeard-Fatty Bolger

P:Prince Imrahil-Bilbo Baggins and Spirit Merry were missing here. Just choose once and then him or Imra.

Edit:Erestor was the one replaced by Ori. He never would win this anyway, so it's OK.

A. Thalin.  Tactics Merry is more useful and more interesting

B. SpPippin.  Lore Faramir may have issues, but SpPippin is worthless.

C. Dunhere.  Indestructable wins out over a 3-strength attack to staging.

D. Oin.  Oin's 5-dwarves bonuses just aren't that impressive

E. Lanwyn.  Balin's shadow replacement for anyone outweighs a one-time surge boost.

F.  Dwalin.  Gimli is excellent

G. Elrohir.  TaTheoden made mono-tactics solo plausible, while Elrohir needs his brother.

H. Brand.  Brand is better when there's another deck with characters that have a good exhausting ability, but Dori can make himself useful more generally.

I.  Mirlonde.  Denethor has great defensive potential, and his scrying is *very* powerful in solo.

J. Bombur.  He helps you get to five dwarves faster, but takes a slot that could benefit from a five-dwarf power.

K.  Bifur.  Elfhelm's buffs are very useful.

L.  Idraen.  Ori's card draw is one of the most powerful 5-dwarf abilities.

M.  Eomer.  I value defense > attack in a hero.

N.  Galdor.  Beorn is unique and powerful, while Galdor's ability works best in Noldor, but blocks his ally that was born to be in Noldor decks.

O.  Fatty.  Treebeard is awesome.  Fatty is worthless.

P.  Bilbo.  Threat cost is too high for a hobbit deck, while Merry is awesome in a hobbit/secrecy deck, and Imrahil's readying ability comes when you need it.

A:Tactics Merry
B:Lore Faramir
C:Dúnhere
E:Lanwyn
F:Dwalin
G:Tactics Théoden
H:Brand Son of Bain
I:Lore Denethor
K:Elfhelm
M:Erkenbrand
N:Galdor of the Havens
P:Bilbo Baggins

ROUND 2
A:Thalin
B:Spirit Pippin
C:Dúnhere

E:Balin
F:Gimli
G:Tactics Théoden
H:Dori
I:Mirlonde
K:Bifur
M:Éomer
N:Galdor of the Havens
P:Bilbo Baggins

Round 2 is finished!

ROUND 3

A:Thalin-Spirit Pippin

B:Dúnhere-Óin

C:Balin-Dwalin

D:Elrohir-Dori

E:Mirlonde-Bombur

F:Bifur-Ori

G:Erkenbrand-Galdor of the Havens

H:Fatty Bolger-Bilbo Baggins

We see a big showdown in H, and its winner is likely to dominante its half. The other half is more interesting, with three bit promises on it.

A: Spirit Pippin - SpPippin is in it to win it, and Thalin still has a place in direct damage decks (which seem to be getting more support in recent packs).

B: Óin - Dunhere has a unique and fun ability, even if it's underpowered these days.

C: Dwalin - Balin is splashable with a great utility ability. Dwalin not so much.

D: Dori - No contest, SpPippin's primary competitor.

E: Bombur - Mirlonde is more useful in a variety of decks. Bombur isn't awful, but has a very niche role.

F: Ori - Again, Ori is too specialized compared to Bifur's utility resource smoothing and excellent low starting threat.

G: Erkenbrand - There are simply better defenders in leadership, I think, and his ability is too limited. He's boosted by hero Elfhelm and the Armored Destrier for sure, but the destrier makes his ability largely redundant...

H: Fatty Bolger - Bilbo can be a beast in solo play, Fatty can be occasionally helpful in 4-player (though he's better with release of Elevenses). No contest.

Edited by Kjeld

A.  Spirit Pippin.  The eventual winner, he has an ability that actively works against the dominant hobbit deck strategy.  Plus his Lore version is a staple in the hobbit deck.

B.  Oin.  Dunhere is overshadowed by Haldir, but Oin is overshadowed by nearly all the dwarf deck bonus heroes.

C.  Dwalin.  His ability is worthless in an orc-free quest, of which there are many, and his 2 attack isn't much to kill those orcs with.

D.  Elrohir.  My objection to Elrohir is the same as the last three rounds, he's tied at the hip to his brother hero.  Without his brother in play, he has an ability that is at odds with his stats.  Dori's dramatically outclassed by Beregond outside a dwarf deck, but I've found his ability to be quite useful in a wide variety of fellowships.

E.  Bombur.  Mirlonde's threat decrease isn't much, but Bombur's get-to-five ability is a problem because of all the other excellent dwarves that could be used ahead of him -- and with 1 attack and 0 willpower, even Dain doesn't make him an asset.

F.  Bifur.  Ori's arguably the best of the get-to-five.  Card draw is amazingly powerful.

G.  Galdor.  Galdor's ability is best in a Noldor deck, but his ally version is one of the best assets to a Noldor deck.

H.  Fatty.  Bilbo's overpriced, but his ability is powerful.  For only two less threat, Fatty provides an ability that is very, very niche yet requires exhaustion (though losing Fatty's action isn't much of a loss).

ROUND 3

A:Spirit Pippin

B:Óin

C:Dwalin

D:Dori

E:Bombur

F:Bifur - this was a hard decission for me / Ori is just to much of value in a Dwarf deck.

G:Galdor of the Havens - I wonder why Erkenbrand made it this far

H:Fatty Bolger

I do have a suggestion.

The "Best Hero Championchip" has this 1on1 pyramid sceme until the end. But probably you should switch in round 4 or 5 to each-against-everyone. So we would get some sort of ranking, not only just the single most worst hero.

ROUND 3

A:Thalin-Spirit Pippin (Ok finaly the dwarf faction gets a break here :) )

B:Dúnhere-Óin (Man oh man it gets really messy in these votes this round. I like the rohan faction more then dwarfs so Oin gets the round here)

C:Balin-Dwalin (The battle of the dwarfs goes on, this one is actually a pretty easy vote)

D:Elrohir-Dori (Upper bracket final against Pippin incoming!)

E:Mirlonde-Bombur (Both not that useful, Mirlonde at least for lowering starting thread in a mono lore deck)

F:Bifur-Ori (Another dwarf battle, Ori is in my dwarf swarm deck so Bifur gets the vote here)

G:Erkenbrand-Galdor of the Havens (Puh why are both of these still in this contest? I have used Erkenbrand more so Galdor it is)

H:Fatty Bolger-Bilbo Baggins (Fatty all the way! Final against Pippin seems more then likely)

All in all this contest turns into a hobbit/dwarf bash ;) But at least for me this is not a really big surprise because dwarfs without Dains buff are not that good of a single hero class and hobbits decks are dominated by Lore-Pippin/Tactics-Merry and the all mighty Sam. Each other hobbit simply does not fit the playstyle of hobbits and are really really bad as single heroes.

ROUND 3

A:Thalin-Spirit Pippin - Thalin is the bane of 1 HP enemies and good in direct damage decks. Spirit Pippin's greatest achievement is to have the same Name as is awesome lore Version.

B:Dúnhere-Óin - Dúnhere is some what unique and Óin Looks a Little like the Designers ran out of ideas for another dwarf hero :D

C:Balin-Dwalin - Dwalin has mediocre use, IF the quest contains a lot of orcs. Balin can always save you from those shadow effects.

D:Elrohir-Dori - Elrohir is good with his brother. Dori is good as the captive in "the uruk-hai".

E:Mirlonde-Bombur - Minus three threat in a mono lore deck? Not really the greatest ability, neither has Bombur, but he defends solid (or at least soaks up direct damage) and enables dwarfs quicker.

F:Bifur-Ori - Card Draw beats the ressource smoothing

G:Erkenbrand - Galdor of the Havens - Close match, but somehow Erkenbrand just doesn't do it. He Looks good on paper for me, but never works out.  

H:Fatty Bolger - Bilbo Baggins - Bilbo's ability is great solo, no question. It's jsut his threat for his stats that looses him his matchups, but good guy Fatty is here to help an old Hobbit out.