Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzywookie

Boba Fetts slave II fan club.

I'll be honest, I've never liked Slave II. I can dig a functional look, but the Pursuer looks cobbled-together and badly asymmetrical (the YT-2400, YT-1300, and Jumpmaster nail that aesthetic in a good way, I feel. Leave it to the Corellians, I guess). It's a shame because the other EU bounty hunter ships are some of my favorite starship designs in Star Wars. I'd welcome it into the game, of course (even if Scum is oversaturated with large-based bounty hunter ships at this point), but I wonder what its particular role would be? 

Can't not love Boba Fett, but man, the guy just has the dumbest ships. (I've always had a beef with Slave I too- why does the entire deckplan need to shift 90 degrees to take off, such that the cockpit has to re-orient itself? Like, what an invented problem?? Having a landing mode is one thing, but this is ridiculous- at least it looks good in-flight). And then he later got himself a bulbous WW2-era landing boat and strapped jet engines to it apparently 

I'll be honest, I've never liked Slave II. I can dig a functional look, but the Pursuer looks cobbled-together and badly asymmetrical (the YT-2400, YT-1300, and Jumpmaster nail that aesthetic in a good way, I feel. Leave it to the Corellians, I guess). It's a shame because the other EU bounty hunter ships are some of my favorite starship designs in Star Wars. I'd welcome it into the game, of course (even if Scum is oversaturated with large-based bounty hunter ships at this point), but I wonder what its particular role would be? 

Can't not love Boba Fett, but man, the guy just has the dumbest ships. (I've always had a beef with Slave I too- why does the entire deckplan need to shift 90 degrees to take off, such that the cockpit has to re-orient itself? Like, what an invented problem?? Having a landing mode is one thing, but this is ridiculous- at least it looks good in-flight). And then he later got himself a bulbous WW2-era landing boat and strapped jet engines to it apparently

Hey Slave One is awesome! With gravity generators it doesn't matter what the deck layout is. And now there's no rotating stuff in the actual ship, that was just a feature of the toy.

That's why he should have never named his ship Slave I. It implies that there's more than one.

He had four and owned all four at once, he used them depending on the mission.

1: general purpose & well rounded. Used most often.

2: low profile & more utility.

3: this one wasn't talked about as often. All I know was it had a big cargo/passenger hold.

4: full assault vehicle. More of a mercenary weapon than a bounty hunters.

I always liked it; it seemed like a good backup ship if Fett needed one, if he needed to go somewhere in something less conspicuous. Also, going by the floorplan, I fancy it as something I could live in if I were in the SW universe. Running/smuggling smaller freight, not as big and cumbersome as larger freighters. I'd happily add some to my fleet if FFG were to do so, but I doubt they will.

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

Its so god damned ugly

The Slave 2 looks better than the Firespray. The Firespray looks weird flying upright, and the back of it is huge. I don't like that stupid crown it has.

Slave 2 is okay looking I guess. Slave 1 is weird looking, imagine a 747 with its nose straight up in the air flying horizontally, just no. Have you played Star Wars Battlefront? It looks goofy barrel rolling.

Slave 2 looks like a door stopper, but at least it has that neat asymmetry thing going like the 2400 and Jumpmaster.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

The Slave 2 looks better than the Firespray. The Firespray looks weird flying upright, and the back of it is huge. I don't like that stupid crown it has.

Slave 2 is okay looking I guess. Slave 1 is weird looking, imagine a 747 with its nose straight up in the air flying horizontally, just no. Have you played Star Wars Battlefront? It looks goofy barrel rolling.

Slave 2 looks like a door stopper, but at least it has that neat asymmetry thing going like the 2400 and Jumpmaster.

So you think the Slave I looks weird flying while the one winged door stopper doesn't? I'm sensing some nostalgia vision here...

So you think the Slave I looks weird flying while the one winged door stopper doesn't? I'm sensing some nostalgia vision here...

No nostalgia for me. I only became aware of the Slave 2 because of these forums.

Same with the TIE Avenger and Assault Gunboat. They're just objectively beautiful ships, I didn't grow up with the PC games they were in. Slave 2 isn't beautiful but I still think it looks better than the Slave 1. At least the Slave 2 doesn't have its nose pointing upwards while it's flying horizontally.