Sign in to follow this  
piznit

Small Payback for my friend playing Dengaroo

Thought I'd share a funny thing that happened in my game last night and make sure I get the rules/timing correct.  My friend decided to play Dengaroo, with a small resulting groan from me. 

But, I miraculously landed a proton bomb on Dengar, who at the time had something around 6 or 7 stress.  It wasn't being cleared anytime soon.  The face-up damage card I pushed through was Major Hull Breach.  With all that stress, he had no actions to flip it down.  Fan-freakin-tastic.  So heres the rub.  I had Sabine Crew who added a damage, but from reading the cards the damage from Sabine is done before the face up proton bomb card since it says to deal a damage before the token is removed.  That damage splashed against his last shield either way, but I was curious which order it goes in since the card that would have been flipped up due to the Hull Breach was a Direct Hit.  Assuming he had no shields, would the Sabine damage have been first, hence been face down, or second, resulting in a direct hit?

I cannot answer your timing question, but I'd like to thank you for putting out there something which hits Dengaroo REALLY hard - Action-dependent critical effects! I *almost* beat Dengaroo wtih a DeciVader build a few weeks back, Dengar being wiped from the board after a few rounds of fire and ya know what? He was limping around for most of his life on the crits Vader pushed through. Never really thought about it until now! 

Thought I'd share a funny thing that happened in my game last night and make sure I get the rules/timing correct.  My friend decided to play Dengaroo, with a small resulting groan from me. 

But, I miraculously landed a proton bomb on Dengar, who at the time had something around 6 or 7 stress.  It wasn't being cleared anytime soon.  The face-up damage card I pushed through was Major Hull Breach.  With all that stress, he had no actions to flip it down.  Fan-freakin-tastic.  So heres the rub.  I had Sabine Crew who added a damage, but from reading the cards the damage from Sabine is done before the face up proton bomb card since it says to deal a damage before the token is removed.  That damage splashed against his last shield either way, but I was curious which order it goes in since the card that would have been flipped up due to the Hull Breach was a Direct Hit.  Assuming he had no shields, would the Sabine damage have been first, hence been face down, or second, resulting in a direct hit?

Major Hull Breach doesn't take effect until the following round, so either way Sabine's damage wouldn't have triggered it.

What list were you flying?

Because I'd love to get to fire two fully Advanced Proton Torpedoes with Dengar into it.

Thought it was going to be a good idea to bump into Dengar jn order to save yourself from the APT? That's cute, Inertial Dampeners. Here comes the APT, open up! Choo Choo!

Just give up, there is no hope. You're doomed. :)

Because I'd love to get to fire two fully Advanced Proton Torpedoes with Dengar into it.

Thought it was going to be a good idea to bump into Dengar jn order to save yourself from the APT? That's cute, Inertial Dampeners. Here comes the APT, open up! Choo Choo!

I was flying Miranda with Proton Bombs EM Sabine, 2Golds with Conner EM and AutoBlasters, and Bob.  Who's Bob you ask?  He's the random guy that flies the Bandit Z-95.  Bob's awesome.  Don't underestimate Bob.

If you bump dengar, inertial dampeners wont let dengar shoot you. If you try to BLOCK dengar, that could be a different story.

Meh

Wasn't console fire

Now that would have been karmatic

Been there. Survived that. Died to a debris cloud anyway. :P

that's what you get for thinking you care as little about about debris as dash

Almost as little. Won that game anyway.

i ALWAYS take damage when i go through debris.

Several people around here bring debris because of either dash or it lets them be more reckless. I never, ever see them take damage from it, but i'll dodge it the entire game and round15 or something stupid like that i'll finally tag the tip of one and take damage. Usually at that point being the final blow.

Many moons ago I was playing a campaign scenario and dropped a first-round Proton Bomb on to PtL Han Solo.  Injured Pilot.  Things went steadily downhill for the smuggler after that.

Pretty sure it's user choice since there bomb deals its card when it detonates, then the token is removed and Sabine says deal damage before the token is removed. Looks like the same window to me so I would say user chooses order.

Answering the OP question. If the Proton Bomb dealt a face up of Direct Hit! it does not affect the last Shield, but is counted against defenders Hull.

Therefore, if you manage to hit Dengar with 2 proton bombs, 1 causing Direct Hit and another causing Major Explosion that causes another Direct hit, he goes down, without even 1 shield taken down (and before Sabine jumps in).

I might start playing double K-wing only to have a slightest chance of doing that combo...  :ph34r:

Answering the OP question. If the Proton Bomb dealt a face up of Direct Hit! it does not affect the last Shield, but is counted against defenders Hull.

Therefore, if you manage to hit Dengar with 2 proton bombs, 1 causing Direct Hit and another causing Major Explosion that causes another Direct hit, he goes down, without even 1 shield taken down (and before Sabine jumps in).

I might start playing double K-wing only to have a slightest chance of doing that combo...  :ph34r:

Except Major Explosion has you suffer a critical damage, which would go against the shield.