Sign in to follow this  
shmitty

GenCon Updates Thread

**** me, i need that VSD card in my life. I never gave up running it...is it Top place GenCon kit or another prize kit?

It's pretty nice, plastic card similar to credit card material. It was the prize for players that made it to day 2 and a few more. In my flight the top 19 players all got one.

And here is info about the Corellian Conflict!

Nice write up, I'm thinking stick the stickers to Velcro backings for that ability to reuse.

I've done a lot of kit-bashing for pretty much every game type and I'm leaning on magnetic sheeting for the bottom of the "stickers" (probably by sticking them to token-like cardstock of some sort) and adhering the map to something ferrous, or putting metal under the map sections where magnet need to adhere to. No specifics plans until I get the pieces in hand though. I love me some magnets!

Magnets will let us hang the board on the wall of a gameroom or shop, hopefully.

Edited by Thraug

qiPhoCC.jpg

I had no idea that Steve Harvey was into Armada.

But seriously, congrats to everyone who made the cut.  Looks like a lot of forumites and one of the Fleet Commander finalists is in there, too!

I'd love some list information about now.

Sorry,  just not much to go on.   Looks like many players who barely made the cut dropped going into day 2.  My last opponent,  for example,  was primarily here for playing the Imperial Assault tournament today.  I'll definitely get fleets for the final table. 

I'd love some list information about now.

Sorry,  just not much to go on.   Looks like many players who barely made the cut dropped going into day 2.  My last opponent,  for example,  was primarily here for playing the Imperial Assault tournament today.  I'll definitely get fleets for the final table.

Tell us how Schmidt and Schaefer do!

I wished I'd picked ridiculously wealthy as an option now, instead of public servant, I to could have jetted to Gen con in my gold plated, pole dancer decked flying pleasure palace....... Oohhhh welllllll........

Gold plated pole dancer?

Round 2 Finals standings.   Looks like Norm is a strong contender for hitting the top table.

Before I forget,  after 13th place all players dropped.

hXvqL4R.jpg

Yea the guy who was 3rd dropped forcing Shmitty and Naboobo2000 to play. . . they are both from Vancouver WA and play . . . poor guys, they will have to do amazing in the next round

I got to play Jeff Berling at Nationals.  Good guy.

He's pretty good at X-Wing I believe... anybody know his callsign on the forums?

LOL - I keep hitting refresh hoping for a play-by-play but thanks for posting the sheets!  This is exciting!