Sign in to follow this  
Twn2dn

Online AGOT (Raven Evolved) and Tzumainn.com

I was thinking that while we wait for the AGOT season to get started in January, it might be fun to play some Thrones online. Specifically, I was thinking it might be fun to get Raven Evolved going (http://tzumainn.com/agot/raven/). Both the Core Set and the new Chapter Packs were released this summer, right? If so, it's been 3 months (or was the requirement 6 months?) so we should be able to play them in Raven Evolved. Even if we can't, a lot of the Core Set cards are reprints, so we can use those. (By the way, does Tam still visit these forums?)

On a separate, but related, note...Hey Tzumainn, I don't mind scanning the images if that would help you upload the files on your site faster.

--------

By the Way FFG, if you created a game like Raven Evolved that allowed players to play the most up-to-date games online, I would pay. I'm not sure how much, but definitely the $10/month that people pay to play World of Warcraft (the amount I would pay depends on the number of other players). You could also give away hours for online game time as prize support at tournaments.

PLEASE! I second, third, fourth this. Any form of online play would be great, and I would pay as well.

Honestly, given that the cards are fixed now, it would technically be easier to have a online server. Just one code within each pack would be sufficient proof that you have those 40 cards, unlike CCGs where each card would have to be entered (a la Chaotic CCG).

Even if the online play did not have trades or tournaments enabled, just being able to casual play would be great. Not all of us are near gaming hubs and if we knew buying cards also allowed a modicum of online play, I'm sure that would spice up sales.

PLEASE!

Stag Lord said:

Has anyone heard from Mainn lately?

I haven't noticed any updates on his AGOT site in awhile (even a few he said he had planned aren't there yet). Not sure what's happening....

Just to qualify what I said (because I'm not sure exactly how to edit posts in this forum yet), Tzumainn did post Walder Frey and another couple of spoiled cards on his website. That must mean he is still playing the game (I hope he never quits!).

I don't believe anyone is running a Rookery at this time. I am not.

I'm not dead, but I have been away from AGOT for quite a long time. I have made extensive code updates to Raven Evolved, but it is not ready for another release yet. I have all cards in the database up to the point where the game became a Living Card Game.

I hope to update the code further and get a release ready soon. Call it a New Year's Resolution.

i echo the sentiments.  With the switch in the format and the loss of 2 of the 4 Portland, OR players it is down to Myers and i.  We are used to one another's style (even when we are trying to be tricky) and new blood/experiences would be great.  i would love to keep the community going in any way possible.

aloha,

binder

I just downloaded LackeyCCG and the plugin. Though half of the text is in non-English, the pictures are easily identifiable it looks like a pretty intuitive interface. All sets from Core Set to Refugees seems to be available if you go to the Spanish (I think) meta's board. Too bad reinforcements aren't up there, but I suppose we can proxy things. If anyone is interested in a game, let me know. (I'm still not sure how to connect to the servers though, so if you know how, let me know that too. Thanks!)