Sign in to follow this  
jodudeit

Similar to the LotR LCG?

Makes me jealous that this cooperative RPG/LCG hybrid isn't available in the licenses I like more (LoTR/Star Wars), though! I would love to control and level up just one hero in Lord of the Rings or Star Wars (although I know a lot of people love the Cthulhu mythos, too).

I like all three - LotR and Cthulhu Mythos more than Star Wars, but I'm not too picky.

Did anyone here get a look at any demos of the co-op SWLCG they initially planned? If so, does AHLCG look like it has any salvaged parts of that?

Of all the releases so far, this is the first "gotta have" for me.

I still have MoM and i don't get it on the table often enough to buy the new 100*app edition.

Doom is awesome but I got my minis fix with imperial assault (and I'm running out of room to store the boxes)

SW Destiny: took me a day to warm up to, but it's something I will atleast buy afe packs and try out.

Arkham LCG: THIS. This i gotta have.

Makes me jealous that this cooperative RPG/LCG hybrid isn't available in the licenses I like more (LoTR/Star Wars), though! I would love to control and level up just one hero in Lord of the Rings or Star Wars (although I know a lot of people love the Cthulhu mythos, too).

I like all three - LotR and Cthulhu Mythos more than Star Wars, but I'm not too picky.

Did anyone here get a look at any demos of the co-op SWLCG they initially planned? If so, does AHLCG look like it has any salvaged parts of that?

I got alot of demos of CoOp SWLCG, I don't see any similarities although it has been a long long time but going from memory the CoOp SW was more like LotR than this.

I got alot of demos of CoOp SWLCG, I don't see any similarities although it has been a long long time but going from memory the CoOp SW was more like LotR than this.

Nice, then it's not going to be anything like the games I already have. Yet another addiction to feed :)

Super excited! Was going to spend my money on the Warhammer Quest game, but now I'm going to get this one ;D

Yeah, I'm sort of happy it's been impossible to get locally, and too expensive to import :)

Of all the releases so far, this is the first "gotta have" for me.

I still have MoM and i don't get it on the table often enough to buy the new 100*app edition.

Doom is awesome but I got my minis fix with imperial assault (and I'm running out of room to store the boxes)

SW Destiny: took me a day to warm up to, but it's something I will atleast buy afe packs and try out.

Arkham LCG: THIS. This i gotta have.

Agreed. MOM looks cool (esp the puzzle concept), but can get my solo mini fix with Road to Legends for descent (imagine an IA version will be coming along soon enough). SW destiny turned me off when I found out it was "collectible.". This though....this will join LOTR as my second LCG. Really looks great.

Not for sale at con is sad, how are we supposed to wait all the way until December?

Like we always do - we wait it out while whining on forums!

Looks like this will be the cheapest LCG to get started with, so I'm going to give a full playset as a present to a person I love and respect: Me.

Edited by evilidler

Hey guys,

I am brand new to the FFG community and hope you can help me. The only other FFG game I have is Imperial Assault. I have a difficult time getting games going so Ive been seriously considering picking up one of the LCG's to play solo. Im a huge LOTR fan; the LCG has been out for many years so I was worried it might be too late to get into. I was just about to pull the trigger when I saw the announcement for Arkham Horror LCG, which looks awesome! Do you guys think I should wait for this rather than getting into LOTR? I am a student and father so Im kind of on a budget, otherwise I would get both for sure! Help!

At least things are spread out.

September: DM green lantern/flash, King of tokyo expansion.

Oktober: Halloween and gin festival (need money for booze!)

November: NES classic edition and SW Destiny

December: Ia ia Cthulhu! Arkham horror LCG