Sign in to follow this  
jodudeit

Similar to the LotR LCG?

From the looks of it, this game is all about you as a character. It looks like all the cards you get are skills and items, and few (if any) actual characters that you can play.

This is very different from The Lord of the Rings, where a large part of the game is amassing an army of allies.

Either way, this game looks great, and I just happen to have a friend who might love it!

I've just started thinking about buying Eldritch Horror alongside the various RPGs I've been investing. The fact that the Call of Cthulhu card game is competitive and OOP was keeping me from financial ruin.

And then there was this.

Very cool! Looks like they took some of the very popular campaign elements from LOTR and really ran with it. It's nice to have other solo-play options but seems different enough from LOTR to let both products thrive. LOTR couldn't hold the monopoly forever :)

Interesting observations all. I feel like the Warhammer Quest Adventure Card Game has similarities to a LoTR LCG saga campaign, minus deckbuilding and controlling only one hero instead of three. The crux of both games is using limited actions to both progress the quest and survive combat. This game seems to be keeping the one hero aspect of WH, adding deckbuilding back in, and adding in even more RPG elements.

This sounds very cool, definitely will check it out. Makes me jealous that this cooperative RPG/LCG hybrid isn't available in the licenses I like more (LoTR/Star Wars), though! I would love to control and level up just one hero in Lord of the Rings or Star Wars (although I know a lot of people love the Cthulhu mythos, too).

Interesting observations all. I feel like the Warhammer Quest Adventure Card Game has similarities to a LoTR LCG saga campaign, minus deckbuilding and controlling only one hero instead of three. The crux of both games is using limited actions to both progress the quest and survive combat. This game seems to be keeping the one hero aspect of WH, adding deckbuilding back in, and adding in even more RPG elements.

This sounds very cool, definitely will check it out. Makes me jealous that this cooperative RPG/LCG hybrid isn't available in the licenses I like more (LoTR/Star Wars), though! I would love to control and level up just one hero in Lord of the Rings or Star Wars (although I know a lot of people love the Cthulhu mythos, too).

If this does well, we might get a SW themed version next year/some day. I mean, look at descent and imperial assault.

They state that there are 5 character classes to choose from, and they use Roland Banks as an example.

ahc01_cardfan_roland.png

I got just the card for Roland Banks!

en_7su9LSyaFW.png

Oh wait, wrong game! ;)

The corresponding card looks pretty darn similar!

ahc01_diagram_card-types.png