Sign in to follow this  
ragnar63

Buying/Selling

The players manual details what happens if you want to haggle when buying an item, but what happens if you want to sell an item for cash. Any ideas, including chances for selling rare or exotic items and/or adding challange or misfortune dice to the dice pool.

ragnar63 said:

The players manual details what happens if you want to haggle when buying an item, but what happens if you want to sell an item for cash. Any ideas, including chances for selling rare or exotic items and/or adding challange or misfortune dice to the dice pool.

Why don't you just roleplay it?

That's a concern I have about this game, does it have rules for most roleplaying situations? Why would I need a rule to decide how much coin I can get from a merchant? I can just roleplay it, haggling

Now why would you roleplaying something mundane and boring as haggling? If I am  correct there is some good rules about hagling with merchants in the rulebook. depending on successes you would get 25% to 40-50% of the list price. If you are unsucessful prices may even go up (which seems strange to me). and oh, its allways better to haggle with silver-tier merchants than gold-tier merchants. With gold-tier merchants social standing is important not just the gold you carry. 

just look through the rulebook and you will find the haggling rules.

Mal Reynolds said:

Now why would you roleplaying something mundane and boring as haggling? If I am  correct there is some good rules about hagling with merchants in the rulebook. depending on successes you would get 25% to 40-50% of the list price. If you are unsucessful prices may even go up (which seems strange to me). and oh, its allways better to haggle with silver-tier merchants than gold-tier merchants. With gold-tier merchants social standing is important not just the gold you carry. 

just look through the rulebook and you will find the haggling rules.

I know where you mean, but those are for characters buying stuff. I am not sure that just turning round the percentages, so that three successes gives you 150% of the list price when selling stuff, particularly when in V2, failing your haggle roll meant only getting 50% of the list price.