Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

Fearlessness...the Palpatine killer.

Ndruu -fearlessness, cluster missles, chips.

There's your about 95%chance of vaporising a shuttle in one turn.

The shuttle has 10 HP, clusters are 3 attack dice, fearlessness and Ndruu boost this to 5 dice. A Palp-Shuttle will always have at least ONE evade. 

How you get a 95% chance to kill it regardless of that? 

If I am not overlooking something, you have literally zero chance to kill that shuttle with your cluster missiles. 

Edited by SEApocalypse

Yeah, that's a perfect counter.

All you have to do is get your 4 HP, 2 Agility ship all the way into range one of a shuttle that will most likley be slow play fortressing itself for the start of the game.

Oh and also not get shot down by the aces that are flying around it with a higher PS than you.

Its disgusting.

And beautiful.

We are all doomed!

I like it, but... you have to be R1, in arc of the shuttle, and you fire after the aces on a 4HP ship. If you survive, the end result is worth it, but it's tough to set up and you can be sure that the Palpaces player will do everything in their power to not let it happen.

I mean, we already have boba

doesn't even need to go that far into the shuttle, just snipes the old man in cold blood

For some reason the image of Bossk with Boba Fett crew and Advanced Homing Missiles popped in my head. You don't even need to down the shields, just shoot the missile at range 2 and BAM! No more Palpatine.

...on second thought, destroying shields may be easier than getting that missile shot at range 2.

Edited by Parakitor

doesn't even need to go that far into the shuttle, just snipes the old man in cold blood

For some reason the image of Bossk with Boba Fett crew and Advanced Homing Missiles popped in my head. You don't even need to down the shields, just shoot the missile at range 2 and BAM! No more Palpatine.

...on second thought, destroying shields may be easier than getting that missile shot at range 2.

Yeah, it will be.

WIth Manaroo alongside to supply the tokens you might have an easier time.

But Boba will usually be better replaced with either Zuckuss of 4LOM who are useful at hitting people forever rather than useful at maybe removing a key upgrade once.  It's better to remove all of a ship's key upgrades by destroying it than remove one by almost destroying it.

Edited by thespaceinvader

also assuming all dice hit, which you should never bank on.

ive seen Hyperdash miss multiple turns in a row with TL + Focus. Hell i had FatHan at range1 with Gunner/Lone Wolf and a Focus and i missed ALL FOUR ROLLS (regular, han reroll, gunner, han reroll) as in solid blanks all around.

It happens.

also im assuming you forgot Gchips doesnt work on both attacks. Since literally everyone i see put that on a ship with clusters they forget its once a turn.

Edited by Vineheart01

The probability of getting 2 or more blanks in 4 red dice are 5/32, nearly a 16%. 

The probability of getting 2 or more blanks in any of two set of 4 red dice are nearly a 29%.

The probability of a shuttle failing both defenses (without obstacles and without Palpatine saving himself) are 25/64, so the probability of getting 10 damage in the cluster missiles and Palp dying without soaking none of them are less than a 12%.

The probability of getting 2 or more blanks in 4 red dice are 5/32, nearly a 16%. 
The probability of getting 2 or more blanks in any of two set of 4 red dice are nearly a 29%.

The probability of a shuttle failing both defenses (without obstacles and without Palpatine saving himself) are 25/64, so the probability of getting 10 damage in the cluster missiles and Palp dying without soaking none of them are less than a 12%.

Cluster missiles with Chimps and no focus gives you a 3.5% chance of getting 10 hits.  If you can pop glittersim, you can bump that up to 40% of 10 hits, 33% of 9 hits, and 18% of 8 hits. 

The shuttle has 10 HP, clusters are 3 attack dice, fearlessness and Ndruu boost this to 5 dice. A Palp-Shuttle will always have at least ONE evade. 

How you get a 95% chance to kill it regardless of that? 

If I am not overlooking something, you have literally zero chance to kill that shuttle with your cluster missiles. 

So, 95% chance to destroy it is nonsense, but LITERALLY "zero chance" to kill it with cluster missiles? You are also guilty of being terrible at probability, good sir. Are you aware of a card called Direct Hit? It is a thing.

Cluster missiles with Chimps and no focus gives you a 3.5% chance of getting 10 hits.  If you can pop glittersim, you can bump that up to 40% of 10 hits, 33% of 9 hits, and 18% of 8 hits. 

Yes too fast and too wrong maths by my side. Lets do another try, with more caution this time.

The only possibility of Ndruu not getting 5 hits with glitter and chips is to put more than 1 blank in the dice.

In a sample of 256 possible outcomes (4 dice with blank, eye, hit and hit), there are 67 posibilities of 2 or more blanks. So the missile with glitter and chips gets 4 hits (+1 from fearless) 189 of 256 times (nearly a 74%).
The probability of a Palpmovile, unfocused and without obstacles (and without Palpatine intervention), of failing his save is 5/8

Being so, in the best scenario, the probability of getting 4+1 hits without any save is 945/2048, and doing two times in a row is the square of that, just over 20%

So, for kill the Palpmovile only with the Ndruu's missiles, you need to get close to him without dying, Palpatine must have been used before, and the shutle must not have any focus, and then nearly 80% of times it will fail. 

13931514_10154324878177412_1294297669_o.

chimps

Our lord and saviour Boba kicks a Palp off a shuttle in about every other game I play with him. He also becomes the ire of every opponent and draws fire like nobodies business as a result. Totally worth it for the glory though. I should start marking the back of the card with the number of PalpScalps he's picked up.