Sign in to follow this  
KennedyHawk2

GENCON Hyp Train

Well guys, lets get on the hype train. Gencon is just a few days away.

What do you hope to see announced?

What are the top three things you'd like to see announced this week at GENCON?

For me they are:

1) A RotJ era Big Box Expansion

2) An app in development akin to what we have for descent

3) A web based map/scenario maker

Edit - Of course I can't type early in the morning. :(

Edited by KennedyHawk

I expect we will see them announce the new IA big box expansion and the associated figure packs with it, X-wing will have some kind of announcement probably a new wave or ace pack, Armada may have something new announced as well. I imagine they will be showing off a LCG expansion, conquest stuff, Doom, and the Star Wars Destiny game. I kind of hope they release another cool board game like Rebellion or maybe announce a large scale ground combat game for Star Wars.

I really want them to finish up the original 3 movies BEFORE they venture off into full blown SW Rebels, Rogue One, or EP 7 areas.  

So yes, I'm hoping for an ROTJ expansion.   Figure it'll have a big box and then eventually a small box, but I'm thinking the Big Box may end up having to be Jabba's Palace.   I really want a Jabba miniature, and also a Rancor.  It'd be a huge plus if the rancor's hand can actually hold another character.  

I really want them to finish up the original 3 movies BEFORE they venture off into full blown SW Rebels, Rogue One, or EP 7 areas.  

So yes, I'm hoping for an ROTJ expansion.   Figure it'll have a big box and then eventually a small box, but I'm thinking the Big Box may end up having to be Jabba's Palace.   I really want a Jabba miniature, and also a Rancor.  It'd be a huge plus if the rancor's hand can actually hold another character.  

Me too, then I can stop buying it after it gets out of OT territory.  I want to see Scout Troopers, obviously.  Zuckuss and 4 LOM to finish off the bounty hunters.  Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight.  I don't want to see Ewoks, but it is inevitable.  I guess maybe some Nikto or Weekquay mercenaries.  Gamorean Guards.  Maybe another Twi'lek hero that is not a force user, and another hero with a race that isn't represented yet.  Duros?  Oh, I almost forgot.  Rebel commandos.

Edited by Rikalonius

Me too, then I can stop buying it after it gets out of OT territory.  I want to see Scout Troopers, obviously.  Zuckuss and 4 LOM to finish off the bounty hunters.  Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight.  I don't want to see Ewoks, but it is inevitable.  I guess maybe some Nikto or Weekquay mercenaries.  Gamorean Guards.  Maybe another Twi'lek hero that is not a force user, and another hero with a race that isn't represented yet.  Duros?  Oh, I almost forgot.  Rebel commandos.

Sullustans. Aqualith. Devaronian.

Just a few we're missing. Please no more rodians with parting shot...

I'd quite prefer it not to be Endor for the big box.

Big Box can be Jabba's Palace or other related Tattooine Scum storyline.

Then Small Box can be Death Star 2 infiltration mini campaign.

Endor & DS2 mini campaign (in my head);

mission 1: Sneak on to Endor on a separate mission to that of the main RotJ story. Encounter resistance. Ewok allies? success: mission 2, failure: mission 3

mission 2: successfully obtained a shuttle and snuck on board the DS2. Sabotage mission.

mission 3: captured and brought aboard the DS2. manage to escape and cause havoc.

mission 4: finale with a New FFG Villain trying to kill the intruders while they try to delay the DS2's shooting (possibly saving thousands in the space battle outside)

success; defeat the villain and delay the shooting, then escape to Endor as the DS2 blows up.

failure; DS2 fires relentlessly, and the team is killed as the DS2 blows up.

So since July 15th FFG have gone a bit crazy - announcing:

- Journey to Mordor

- Corellian Conflict

- GOT - The Iron Throne

- Mansions of Madness 2nd edition with app integration and it's released this week!

- New edition of the Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Muchausen RPG

- DOOM

- Star Wars Destiny

- GOT - The Hand of the King 

So that's 7 new games and 1 new type of expansion for an existing game.

Surely they can't have much more news for GenCon itself? 

I kind of feel like they've frontloaded all of their announcements in the run up to GenCon, so that the con itself is about demoing stuff, rather than announcing. 

I presume Wave 8 of IA will be announced though, but I don't predict any other big announcements. I would have predicted a new SW game, but surely that spot is taken by Destiny now? 

I want either Endor or Jabba's Palace - don't care which is the Wave 8 big box and which is the small box later - as long as we get a Rancor and some Gamorrean Guards. 

Big box expansion or "something new" like a campaign book or skirmish book with non-symmetric missions sort of like a middle ground between skirmish and campaign.  Nothing else will really do it for me as I have lots of villain packs and the small expansions aren't enough. 

An EU expansion though I know it won't happen.

FFG needs to spreadvout the movie content or else this game will be dead in a few years.

Already who is left for notable rebel allies besides a new luke and han?

I still sometimes play Risk despite not having an expansion for quite some time.  Honest, I don't know how we got along before you had to constantly dump money into a board game or it would be dead. 

Yoda, Nien Nunb, Admiral Ackbar, Wedge, General Madine, Mon Mothma, the whole Rebels crew (Kanan, Zeb, Ezra, Chopper, Hera, Sabine), the new characters from the Sequels (Finn, Rey, Poe, BB-8), Mace, Qui-Gon Jinn, young Obi-Wan...

Yoda, Nien Nunb, Admiral Ackbar, Wedge, General Madine, Mon Mothma, the whole Rebels crew (Kanan, Zeb, Ezra, Chopper, Hera, Sabine), the new characters from the Sequels (Finn, Rey, Poe, BB-8), Mace, Qui-Gon Jinn, young Obi-Wan...

Oh god I hope you are joking. Mon Mothma the leader of the Rebellion with a team of randos fighting stormtroopers? REALLY?!

Characters from Episode 7? This is IMPERIAL Assault, not First Order Assault.

Mace? Qui-gon? They weren't even alive during the Rebellion!

An EU expansion though I know it won't happen.

FFG needs to spreadvout the movie content or else this game will be dead in a few years.

I still sometimes play Risk despite not having an expansion for quite some time.  Honest, I don't know how we got along before you had to constantly dump money into a board game or it would be dead. 

Times have changed? Its the same reason why we have sequels and expansion packs to video games.

Personally I probably won't even buy this next expansion till next summer unless it has something REALLY good in it... like a certain red head sith. I hope to god it isn't a Jabba's Palace expansion. We already had 1 expansion that introduced ZERO Imperials in a game called IMPERIAL Assault.

Times have changed? Its the same reason why we have sequels and expansion packs to video games.

Personally I probably won't even buy this next expansion till next summer unless it has something REALLY good in it... like a certain red head sith. I hope to god it isn't a Jabba's Palace expansion. We already had 1 expansion that introduced ZERO Imperials in a game called IMPERIAL Assault.

In an earlier post you said something about a red-headed Sith.  While I share this desire to see her in the game, I must quibble and say she wasn't a Sith.  Still, would love to see her be canonized in Rebels.  The perfect opportunity is during rebels with the inclusion of Thrawn.  She would just about be old enough now to be being trained by the Emperor.   I think she was a few years old than Luke anyway.  We could see her pursuing the Rebels now the inquisitors (whom I hate) are nearly wiped out.  

In an earlier post you said something about a red-headed Sith.  While I share this desire to see her in the game, I must quibble and say she wasn't a Sith.  Still, would love to see her be canonized in Rebels.  The perfect opportunity is during rebels with the inclusion of Thrawn.  She would just about be old enough now to be being trained by the Emperor.   I think she was a few years old than Luke anyway.  We could see her pursuing the Rebels now the inquisitors (whom I hate) are nearly wiped out.  

Ok yes you're right she wasn't a sith. I just used it as a short term for Dark Jedi.

And yes it would've been a great time to have her in Rebels, but you know as well as I they can't make that show good, right?

Edited by patrickmahan