Sign in to follow this  
Chief Hugh

Fixing the TIE Punisher with the Bomber title

The best fix for that monstrosity is to pretend it never existed.

That's crazy talk. I love the punisher. Just want to see a title that makes it play differently than an overpriced bomber with more ordinance slots than it can stay alive to use. Preferably 2 actually, so I can customize it. One that allows me to turn it into a heavy bomber and another for a missile/torpedo carrier. They do that and all is good in the world. Or I can do it myself, either way.

That's crazy talk. I love the punisher. Just want to see a title that makes it play differently than an overpriced bomber with more ordinance slots than it can stay alive to use. Preferably 2 actually, so I can customize it. One that allows me to turn it into a heavy bomber and another for a missile/torpedo carrier. They do that and all is good in the world. Or I can do it myself, either way.

It would be cool if they can take two target lock actions plus the ability to attack two different ships within the same turn. That would make them more attractive to the competitive players.

Edited by Chief Hugh

with AT, it'll suck as an ordnance carrier

also, screw agility

what it need is a Tie/IT title that just straight up acts as a reinforce token when defending against any attack made by a ship in its firing arc

think of it as a point defense matrix

cknbxip.gif?w=645

Edited by ficklegreendice

I just think it's a ship that doesn't really have a place in tournament X-wing.  That's OK, though.  It just needs to be used outside of it.  I'm trying to do a big Punisher mission that has 4 fully loaded of the suckers to blow up a pirate base.

How about we balance it so that it can be used in competitive tournaments and you can still use them in whatever setting you like?

it also has no real place next to the tie bomber

apart from Deathrain

Deathrain's the most fun you'll have in this game

Deathrain/Oicunn is my go-to fun list for when I want something quick, amusing, and still reasonably competitive.

It has a set lifetime, but it can do a surprising amount during it.

E: on the Punisher, best solution for my money is to republish it with the mini it should have had in the first place, and some minor balance tweaks.

(

GUNBOAT

)

Edited by thespaceinvader

I just think it's a ship that doesn't really have a place in tournament X-wing.  That's OK, though.  It just needs to be used outside of it.  I'm trying to do a big Punisher mission that has 4 fully loaded of the suckers to blow up a pirate base.

How about we balance it so that it can be used in competitive tournaments and you can still use them in whatever setting you like?

Sure, but I just don't see it happening.  Good luck, though.

That's the worst attitude to have.

All ships in this game like it or not are here to stay. Regardless of their faction (imperials firespray). If a ship such as the punisher or scum scyke are in need of a fix or attention then they need to have something done. You don't have to buy into it, but for everyone else who has bought a punisher or has 2-3 imperial firespray or whatever seeing them on the table with a stronger presence would only add more variety to the game

Edited by Krynn007

No.

TIE Punisher is basically treated as a heavy bomber in this game. Its not a heavy bomber, thats an actual ship not in the game. Punishers are far more specialized and deadly, they need a title that makes them more diverse than bombers not keep them inline with the bomber+1 mentality.

I bought a TIE Punisher, and would like to use it.  Titles seem to be FFG's standard method for fixing ships these days, which is fine with me.  I'm not sure I see the TIE Punisher as an "ace" type of ship where the fix would come in a new aces box - besides we just got Imperial Veterans so the next one will be a while in coming.  Rather, I think they can just throw it into whatever Imperial release is coming up and leave new pilots for later on.  I would still really like to see more pilots though emphasizing other uses for the Punisher than just being an overgrown TIE Bomber.

Redline probably should have existed as a generic Title instead of a pilot. If every Punisher got two locks per lock it might be OK.

Right now other than Deathrain the Punisher is way worse than the Jump at shooting torpedoes and worse than the Bomber at anything else.

if we get a new punisher kit i imagine it would be coupled with the Decimator and be called "Imperial Heavy Reinforcements" or something like that.

Decimator isnt anywhere near as lousy but it could use some love too. Its great casual, lousy competitive lol

The problem with an Aces/Veterans type box is that so few people would want another ship mini for either one due to being high point ships and packing these two models would make it a very pricy box as well as probably killing off sales of the single-ship boxes for both types.