Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IndyPendant

Skirmish upgrades and Temporary Alliance

7 posts in this topic

Hey A1bert ; ) --or anyone else that knows the answer...

Pretty sure it's 'no', but in case I'm wrong: Can I (for example) put Cross Training on eWing Guards added to an Imperial list through Temporary Alliance?

Edited by IndyPendant

Yes, why not?

You're playing imperial, so you can bring imperial skirmish upgrades.  There are no rules about putting upgrades on deployment cards brought over from another faction.

I'm not a skirmish expert, but the above answer seems correct. You can include both cards into your army, so you can attach the skirmish attachment to any of your deployment cards that match the traits the attachment specifies, if any.

You may be thinking that you can't include skirmish upgrades of another army using Temporary Alliance, because it allows specifically only Deployment Cards. (When abilities refer to Deployment Cards it does not include Skirmish Upgrades.)

"Abilities that affect deployment cards do not affect Skirmish Upgrade cards unless specified explicitly." (See FAQ)

At least the Skirmish Attachment rules do not refer to affiliations, just say that if a player has one or more "Attachment" cards included in his army, he places each of these cards on one of his non-upgrade Deployment cards.

So, you can't include Skirmish Upgrades (attachments) using Temporary Alliance, but you can put attachments of your own affiliation to groups you could include with Temporary Alliance.

If this is not correct, let me know.

I asked this directly to ffg a few months ago about trying to put General's ranks on a bantha brought into an imperial list and I believe it was Paul Winchester that responded and he said yes you can put attachments from the main faction list you're playing onto anyone in the list.