Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Scale Millennium Falcon for IA

Picked up one of the old Millennium Falcon's from Goodwill for 20 bucks!   I had originally hoped it would work well with my Black Series stuff but it's just way too small for those guys, even as a backdrop.  It does seem to work pretty well with the IA guys though...

IMG_0869.jpg

But it makes me wonder if the AT-ST is grossly undersized now.  

The Falcon is probably too tall, but I'd guess its x, z dimensions are probably pretty accurate.  The Falcon is not a small ship.  

According the Wookiee, the Falcon is roughly 34 meters by 34 meters.  34 meters is 1338.58 inches.  Divide that by 57.2  the scale of 32 mm miniatures, and the Falcon should be roughly 23.4 inches long to be to scale.

Edited by Rikalonius

Uh oh, those green ninjas are about to steal their ride though.

TMNT in SW: that would be so cool!

a9d90c1c71e29f8c32c44a75f3fe5ee0.jpg

ffd1496ca58d1b4b6adbce07e7731b7d.jpg

Unfortunatly this would make Raphael a sith lord? :)

Well the new canon for lightsabers now is that they are powered by kyber crystals that when first activated take on the color, blue for physical focused, green for force focused, and red for darkside users, that represents the user's connection to the force, so maybe Raph just stole a dark sider's lightsaber?

Uh oh, those green ninjas are about to steal their ride though.

TMNT in SW: that would be so cool!

Unfortunatly this would make Raphael a sith lord? :)

Well the new canon for lightsabers now is that they are powered by kyber crystals that when first activated take on the color, blue for physical focused, green for force focused, and red for darkside users, that represents the user's connection to the force, so maybe Raph just stole a dark sider's lightsaber?

Maybe not dark side per se, but Raph has a lot of anger in him, so his crystal would become red, yeah!

And WHERE is mikey with his Saber Chucks?!?!

In a bacta tank getting his hands replaced with cyber implants, because...we'll you know...lightsaber-chucks...yeah, auch.!

Actually Mikey has used several other weapons: bolas (later seasons of the Original cartoon) and laser tonfas (the new cartoon when they go to dimension x)

I've got a hollowed-out Millenium Falcon all ready to turn into an IA map, its just such a huge job I haven't done anything but cut the roof off :P The model is roughly the right size (The AT-ST is slightly small and in a cramped pose - if it were in a walking pose it would seem much larger). It IS overly high though:

dock-wait.jpg

If you are wanting the ramp to lower, you will need to cut the 'legs' in half - but considering they are the structural supports I wouldn't do that. Also, it's important to remember that if you are wanting to use it in a game then gameplay comes first. If you want models to move underneath the ship, then it is a perfect height to be able to do that. Game-wise treat the underneath of ships as 'interior' so that AT-STs and other vehicles cant go under them.

Also, you can use this as any ship, it doesn't have to be the Falcon (getting the interior to fit exactly is going to be nigh impossible if you want to game with it btw), so having it be different shouldn't be too much of a concern.

And ultimately scale in IA is really not that important, all of the map tiles are in bizarre scales anyway:

hangarsize.jpg

Edited by RED NED

And WHERE is mikey with his Saber Chucks?!?!

In a bacta tank getting his hands replaced with cyber implants, because...we'll you know...lightsaber-chucks...yeah, auch.!

Actually Mikey has used several other weapons: bolas (later seasons of the Original cartoon) and laser tonfas (the new cartoon when they go to dimension x)

Having studied nunchaku, I can confirm that nunchaku-lightsabers would result in the self-removal of thighs, shoulders and waist in almost no time at all.

Where do purple and yellow ones come from?

And ultimately scale in IA is really not that important, all of the map tiles are in bizarre scales anyway:

If I were going to make an IA map section for it, I'd only show the living spaces inside the Falcon and maybe just have the shadow for the rest of it, since figures can run under the area in front of the ramp. 

The colors of Jedi sabers initially were due to three different roles: Guardians got blue, Consulars got green, and Sentinels got yellow.  It never seemed that the movies adhered to this much at all.... 

If I am not mistaken, yellow/gold sabers have been ret-conned away.  Please correct me if this is incorrect.

Mace's was purple due his style dancing hazardously close to Sith influences -- that's from the novelizations of the prequels, which still appear to be canon.  The Sith influence adding a little red to the blue.

The colors of Jedi sabers initially were due to three different roles: Guardians got blue, Consulars got green, and Sentinels got yellow.  It never seemed that the movies adhered to this much at all.... 

If I am not mistaken, yellow/gold sabers have been ret-conned away.  Please correct me if this is incorrect.

Mace's was purple due his style dancing hazardously close to Sith influences -- that's from the novelizations of the prequels, which still appear to be canon.  The Sith influence adding a little red to the blue.

Yellow lightsabers are still around since Clone Wars is canon, the Jedi sentinel/guards use them in season 5. Not sure what trait would cause them to take on that color though. 

But the purple lightsaber is special because to get it you must be Samuel L Jackson, on the plus side that means Nick Fury can have one. :P

They certainly had the three colours for classes in KotoR, is that still canon then (the three colours-three classes thing, not KotoR)?

Doesn't seem very balanced to me: three divisions of light side but only one type of dark side.

Well the new canon for lightsabers now is that they are powered by kyber crystals that when first activated take on the color, blue for physical focused, green for force focused, and red for darkside users, that represents the user's connection to the force

...and let me guess, purple for afro-americans?

You mean to tell me kyber crystals are now a freaking Hogwart Sorting Hat?

Oh wow, that's the dumbest thing in Star Wars I heard in a long while.

How would Jedi do the 'falling to the Dark Side' thing without literally everyone noticing?

"Hey Master, look, I finally built my lightsaber! *vzooot* Oh... Um... That's bad, right?"

"That's okay Timmy, no problem, don't be upset. Come on, I want to show you something behind the shed..."

*vzoot* *thump*

Edited by Don_Silvarro

Well the new canon for lightsabers now is that they are powered by kyber crystals that when first activated take on the color, blue for physical focused, green for force focused, and red for darkside users, that represents the user's connection to the force

How would Jedi do the 'falling to the Dark Side' thing without literally everyone noticing?

"Hey Master, look, I finally built my lightsaber! *vzooot* Oh... Um... That's bad, right?"

"That's okay Timmy, no problem, don't be upset. Come on, I want to show you something behind the shed..."

*vzoot* *thump*

Purple obviously is for "Takin' no forcedamned sh*t from no mofo Sith!".

Meh I kinda like that idea. Altough red should be "(over) emotional", since sith are albout the emotions and anger while the Jedi are all about "being at peace, calm and serene, then ready are you." That's probably why the 'saber turns red: it's an alarm function.

And let's not forget that actually there are only two colors: blue for jedi, red for sith. The green one was something Lucas had to come up with ROTJ, because a blue lightsabder didn't show up properly against the blue sky during the desert skiff fight.

*vzoot* *thump*

Meh I kinda like that idea. Altough red should be "(over) emotional", since sith are albout the emotions and anger while the Jedi are all about "being at peace, calm and serene, then ready are you." That's probably why the 'saber turns red: it's an alarm function.

And let's not forget that actually there are only two colors: blue for jedi, red for sith. The green one was something Lucas had to come up with ROTJ, because a blue lightsabder didn't show up properly against the blue sky during the desert skiff fight.

Lets not forget that once the lightsaber is first activated it takes on the color so it won't change, basically as a way to explain why Anakin's lightsaber was still blue despite turning to the darkside. His lightsaber only became Red when he built it after falling to the darkside and was Darth Vader. It is also sorta used to explain why Luke's lightsaber was blue in the first films, because it was his father's when he was a Jedi, and one that focused on the more physical side of the force, whereas when Luke made his it was green since he was more force inclined than physical. Now I don't know why Ezra's would go from blue to green between Rebels season 2 and 3.

(Maybe because of his simplistic ideas of the force when he started out and to respresent his learning from Kanaan and the sith holocron?)

*vzoot* *thump*

The reason Mace has a purple lightsaber is because Sam Jackson asked Lucas to have it, since purple is his favorite color. Which is why I said to have a purple lightsaber you obviously have to be Sam Jackson. Though in canon they could most likely say, as someone else pointed out earlier, that it could show  someone who was on the line between the light and dark side.

Oh an Ahsoka's blades are white because she isn't a Jedi but still a lightsided force user, so basically the breakdown is:

Lightside = White saber

Darkside = Red saber

Jedi = Blue (Physical focused), Green (Force focused), Yellow (Guard/Sentinel focused?)

*vzoot* *thump*

Lets not forget that once the lightsaber is first activated it takes on the color so it won't change, basically as a way to explain why Anakin's lightsaber was still blue despite turning to the darkside. His lightsaber only became Red when he built it after falling to the darkside and was Darth Vader. It is also sorta used to explain why Luke's lightsaber was blue in the first films, because it was his father's when he was a Jedi, and one that focused on the more physical side of the force, whereas when Luke made his it was green since he was more force inclined than physical. Now I don't know why Ezra's would go from blue to green between Rebels season 2 and 3.

(Maybe because of his simplistic ideas of the force when he started out and to respresent his learning from Kanaan and the sith holocron?)

*vzoot* *thump*

The reason Mace has a purple lightsaber is because Sam Jackson asked Lucas to have it, since purple is his favorite color. Which is why I said to have a purple lightsaber you obviously have to be Sam Jackson. Though in canon they could most likely say, as someone else pointed out earlier, that it could show  someone who was on the line between the light and dark side.

Oh an Ahsoka's blades are white because she isn't a Jedi but still a lightsided force user, so basically the breakdown is:

Lightside = White saber

Darkside = Red saber

Jedi = Blue (Physical focused), Green (Force focused), Yellow (Guard/Sentinel focused?)

That doesn't explain why there isn't a range of colours or dark side users. As someone who's completed KOTOR many times I can attest that dark side users still have to choose a focus, such as lightsaber combat, force powers, other skills, or a balance.