Sign in to follow this  
RittsMJ

Any feasible Rebel squads with 4+ ships?

I want to play more Rebels, but am having trouble finding a list I enjoy playing that's also reasonably competitive. I've done Kanan + Chewy, a few K-wing bomber variants, but I'm looking for something that spreads out the power. I'd like to fly something with 4 ships where each of them feels like it contributes (other than being cannon fodder). I'm considering getting a couple of more expansions soon. So two questions: What are good 4(+?) rebel ship lists? What expansions should I consider?

Some good basic starting points for 4- or 5-ship Rebel builds:

• 4 or 5 A-Wings (Green Squadron Pilot)
  • 4 B-Wings, or BBBBZ
  • 4 Y-Wings + TLT
  • 4 X-Wings or 4 T-70 X-Wings
  • 5 to 8 Z-95s
  • Mix and match any of the above.
  • Sub in a HWK-290 for support, but expect your power to drop off once it dies.

I have two 4-ship Rebel builds that I really like. One is 3 X-Wings (one of which is Biggs) and a B-Wing. The other is AXZ + HWK-290.

2 Green A-wings w/ Autothrusters, Title, Chardaan, Adaptability, Crack Shot

2 Bandit Z-95s

This leaves you 36 points. You can put Poe w/ R5-P9,  Autothrusters and Adaptability or a Lothal Rebel w/ Hera and Chopper.

I had a fun game playing this crazy thing a while ago:

2 green squadron a wings, refit, crack shot, auto thrusters, title, adaptability. 20 points each

2 tala squadron , concussion missiles, guidance chips 17 points each

1 airen cracken, assault missiles, veteran instincts, guidance chips. 25 points

99 points total

I flew it in two distinct formations one comprising the z 95s and the other the a wings.

It has the ability to scare the heck out of a swarm, and a potential alpha strike at a high enough pilot skill to scare even a u boat list, although even if you manage to destroy one the rest will hurt you right back. It really struggles against aces as even with a great attack roll with cracken a palp + token stacked ace will probably dodge it completely unless you can get in range 2.

I've had a lot of fun with the following two lists, and they've been reasonably competitive.

And they're old school. :)

2B (Daggers)

4Z (Talas)

OR

2 T-65s with Integrated Astromech and R2

4Z (Talas)

I run them in two groups of three (2Z and one B or T-65), with the Talas leading in each group.

The two groups are about a base width or two apart.

I focus almost exclusively, to provide a little extra defense.

It's a lot of firepower, a lot of health, and not much to track as far as abilities are concerned.

Kevin

I really love this list:

Hera Syndulla (Attack Shuttle) (22)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Chewbacca (4)

Biggs Darklighter (25)
R4-D6 (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Wes Janson (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
BB-8 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

This list is very maneuverable, can block, is great against aces und boats.

So looking at what I have available I was thinking

2x Green Squadron Pilots with title, adaptability, and crack shot

Nera Dantels with plasma torps, extra munitions, and guidance chips

Dutch with TLT

Idea would be Dutch gets locks for Nera. Nera and Awings pile on the biggest threat and then Dutch TLTs smaller threats. The Awings should be able to position themselves to keep ships in arc and Dutch/Nera don't need to.

I feel like it's on the low end for raw attack power (especially once torps/cracks are gone). It's got a decent amount of HP. Thoughts?

You can definitely do it. All you have to avoid is falling into the trap of playing swarm ships, but not having enough ships to fly a swarm. If you're going to swarm, you have to full commit to the swarm. A half-assed swarm is just cannon fodder. I've see people try to fly a pimped out Ace and fill in the rest of the squad with swarm ships. It almost always turns out badly.

I have been collecting one of every expansion and only a handful of doubles.  That lets you pull this off if your not looking to buy XX of everything.

Err, I have a second Y. 

Edited by Cr0aker

This is an A-wing set-up I like. Several variations have been played, all do average-above average depending on how well I pilot it that day

A-wings (99)

Green Squadron Pilot (23) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Wired (1)

Green Squadron Pilot (30) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Assault Missiles (5), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Crack Shot (1)

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Wired (1)

I used the following to great effect (however before Imperial Veterans):

Gold Squadron Pilot (16) - Y-Wing

Twin Laser Turret (6), R3-A2 (2), BTL-A4 (0)

2x Blue Squadron Pilot (22) - B-Wing

Fire-Control System (2), Tractor Beam (1)

2x Bandit Squadron Pilot

With good flying, I believe it still can deliver a punch.

Edited by karadjordje

This is an A-wing set-up I like. Several variations have been played, all do average-above average depending on how well I pilot it that day

A-wings (99)

Green Squadron Pilot (30) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Assault Missiles (5), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Crack Shot (1)

If you're going to A-Wing swarm, you need that 5th A-Wing. I played a 4 A-Wing list with my Vessery, Ryad, Omega Leader list and tabled it. A-Wings just can't push enough damage through on ships that have 3 defense dice when there are only 4 of them. You need that 5th ship and you have to focus fire to be effective. The x7 title on the Defender makes it really hard to touch them with 2 attack dice, and then they've got 6 HP on top of that.

I run Imperial and have tried 4 Tie f/o lists. It doesn't work, no matter what cool upgrades you give them. And that's including some of the nice pilot abilities that they have.

Cr0aker, on 02 Aug 2016 - 3:48 PM, said:

2x CS Greens w/ Title, Auto, and Adapt

2x Gold Y's with TLT

1x z95

Five ships.  All PS 2.  Not lacking in firepower.

Alternate would be to swipe a TLT PS1 HWK for one of the Gold Y's.  Then turn the other TLT Gold into stressbot.

I've had a lot of fun with the following two lists, and they've been reasonably competitive.

And they're old school. :)

2B (Daggers)

4Z (Talas)

OR

2 T-65s with Integrated Astromech and R2

4Z (Talas)

I run them in two groups of three (2Z and one B or T-65), with the Talas leading in each group.

The two groups are about a base width or two apart.

I focus almost exclusively, to provide a little extra defense.

It's a lot of firepower, a lot of health, and not much to track as far as abilities are concerned.

Kevin

I've got to get a couple more Z-95's so I can try this! :)

Aside from regular swarms that were already given, I have a few lists that might not be entirely competitive, but have fun ideas in mind.

CAUTION: Experimental lists to follow. Fly at own risk...

HWK-290: · Roark Garnet (19)

Twin Laser Turret (6)

X-Wing: · Tarn Mison (23)

· R2-D6 (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Swarm Tactics (2)

T-70 X-Wing: Red Squadron Veteran (26)

Swarm Tactics (2)

X-Wing: Rookie Pilot (21)

Roark walks around 3 x-wings (one a t-70) and with swarm tactics and tight formation, is able to make them all shoot at PS 12. Keep Roark away from the furball, as his ability works at range 3 and just TLT from a distance. If he goes down it's all over.

X-Wing: · Tarn Mison (23)

R7 Astromech (2)

Integrated Astromech (0)

X-Wing: · "Hobbie" Klivian (25)

Targeting Astromech (2)

Integrated Astromech (0)

X-Wing: · Biggs Darklighter (25)

· R4-D6 (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

X-Wing: Rookie Pilot (21)

R2 Astromech (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

4X squad with all different pilots. Their astros synergize with their pilot abilities and Biggs tries to split focus fire up.

B-Wing: Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)

B-Wing/E2 (1)

Tactician (2)

Y-Wing: Grey Squadron Pilot (20)

Twin Laser Turret (6)

· R3-A2 (2)

BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

YT-2400: · Eaden Vrill (32)

Intelligence Agent (1)

Z-95 Headhunter: Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Working on a stress synergy for Vrill, you have two ways to dump stress on ships before he fires. Use the intelligence agent to set up blocks with Vrill and the B's barrel rolls. As long as you stress something every turn, Vrill becomes a 3 attack dice turret that isn't going down very fast.

I have won games with these lists and it's fun when it happens.