Sign in to follow this  
Firespray-32

Royal Guards in a B-List Environment

Crackshot gives them said punch

For TAPS, you have prockets. Five TAPs is actually one of very few lists I wouldnt mind driving right up to Dengaroo with because they would annhilate him

Then there's their immense blocking potential at a low enough ps to hit scouts

Royals, though? Barely modded 3 dice with primaries with barely modified 3 agility defense. Too high PS to block scouts and too low damage output to scare them

both your examples aren't punching at the same weight class as much as a single haymaker, and crackshot works best when en mass.

So on a ship to ship basis, I'm gonna take the guards every time.

Procket gchips Tie/v1 Test pilots (5 of them)

Reckon three crackshot procket gchips barons with ptl tie/v1 thruster Inquisitor could also be worth a spin but the loss of a body makes range 1 dependency a little more striking

Edited by ficklegreendice

This also is a good deal of fun

2X

Royal Guard Pilot — TIE Interceptor 22

Push the Limit 3

Shield Upgrade 4

Autothrusters 2

Royal Guard TIE 0

Ship Total: 31

Countess Ryad — TIE Defender 34

Adaptability 0

Ion Cannon 3

Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1

TIE/D 0

Ship Total: 38

Thanks Cubanboy!

I was trying to build this list, but didn't think about shield upgrade. I had used twin ion and was way under points. I wanted the all red tie list with red bases. It must happen.

Reckon three crackshot procket gchips barons with ptl tie/v1 thruster Inquisitor could also be worth a spin but the loss of a body makes range 1 dependency a little more striking

I think five prockets can kill three interceptors and then v-1 your way through the last.

I ran 3 RGPs + Hull and dark curse when they first released. Got third in that seasons regional at kublacon. Before being retired it was 96(ish)-13 in tournament games. This was in a era of fat Hans. RGPs are far from B list, just people don't give them a second thought. They are an amazing, people just insta pick Fel though.

RGPs are far from B list, just people don't give them a second thought. They are an amazing, people just insta pick Fel though.

If they're not B-list material they're A-list material and I very much doubt they're punching up there with PalpAces.

RGPs are far from B list, just people don't give them a second thought. They are an amazing, people just insta pick Fel though.

If they're not B-list material they're A-list material and I very much doubt they're punching up there with PalpAces.

I have no problem against palp aces with two or one RGPs in a squad. Again, people need the crutch that is Fel to do anything.

This is still "barely modified dice"

You either have your focus, which you beg can be saved for the procket shot, or an evade, which in itself isn't terribly strong.

Meanwhile, any royal guard will be higher PS and easily get into your weak spots, which is literally anything outside range 1.

i've always said the Royal Guard was and will always be one of the worst titles out there, it does nothing to help the ship because all it allows you to do is spend more points on an already pretty costly ship, it does help certain pilots because they have good abilities and spending a few more points is not an issue.

This is still "barely modified dice"

You either have your focus, which you beg can be saved for the procket shot, or an evade, which in itself isn't terribly strong.

Meanwhile, any royal guard will be higher PS and easily get into your weak spots, which is literally anything outside range 1.

Where he gets shot down by the other test pilot. Swarms throwing 5 dice get to play a numbers game.