Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Caldias

Wave 3 and 4 Shipping Now!

112 posts in this topic

I am also a huge fan of the TIE-Fighter short. Here was my take on an Armada conversion.

http://kdyards.com/expansions.view.php?id=1323

Those are awesome!

I'll let those more minded to do so quibble about the point-cost-effectiveness. I'd like to ask you about the lore.

I've of course seen the video, but know nothing more than what I just read on your page. Are the names ones that OtaKing wrote and published somewhere, or are you making them up for your cards? Do you know anything more about the video, does it connect to a larger story or is it a standalone action scene?

I am also a huge fan of the TIE-Fighter short. Here was my take on an Armada conversion.

Those are awesome!

I'll let those more minded to do so quibble about the point-cost-effectiveness. I'd like to ask you about the lore.

I've of course seen the video, but know nothing more than what I just read on your page. Are the names ones that OtaKing wrote and published somewhere, or are you making them up for your cards? Do you know anything more about the video, does it connect to a larger story or is it a standalone action scene?

Check the video description there is a PDF through a mediafire download 

Mikael Hasselstein likes this

So basically the extended "on the boat" status for wave 3 was a sham. It's been sitting at FFG for weeks. The short on the boat status for wave 4 was in actuallity the real time span for that status.

If I had to guess, I would say that Wave 4 production went better than expected and when they realized that the shipping to distributors phase was going to be only a 2.5 weeks appart for the 2 waves they decided to hold on to wave 3 so they could ship them out to distributors together and save some money and logistics headaches.

That was my assumption weeks ago. So many people were mad that FFG had to pull an audible.
Indeed, and I care about zero percent. I'm just happy as a pig in excrement that wave 4 is coming so fast! I am literally going to save for the next 3 or 4 weeks it takes these to get into Canada and then go bonkers buying.
Good! I am happy becuase I can do the TIE Fighter video now. . .  Just got to find a way to balance it out. . .  

We are ahead of schedule now which makes up for the 4 months we had to wait for wave 1 so I am happy with that. The data is balancing out.

I haven't had much chance to playtest them yet, but you are welcome to give them a once over. Enjoy.

I went through the short several times for just the joy of it and my mind does what it does and mentally  compared it to the cards you created. Others can weigh in here as well but let's go through them. 

Ada, from where you get her ability, she is only really attacking a single squadron. I think it would be better for her to increase the damage each Hit does to a squadron by 1. 

Neel and Rosh are good. 

I would personally change ge Gaunt to the effect of the Liberty title. All he does as a Commander is replaces an upgrade card on all ships which no Commander does as fast as I can tell. The closest is Madine with his Nav Team Ability. 

Exterminator for 8 is fine and can activate 7 TIE Fighters or Interceptors. 

Inhibitor is ok but all they really did was turn on the Target Scramblers against the single squadron. 

Violator. . .  God's. . .  The raw power to strip side shields at Red range, to push through free crits at Red range. If you used the new Fire Control Teams to get 2 crits you could see just some really silly combinations there. 9 seems so cheap for that ability. . .  Needs testing I think. 

What does this mean in real terms......

All fleets optimized for Wave-3 are irrelevant. Intensify Wave 4 Fleet building! :)

As if we weren't already building for wave 4. :)

I wasn't.

My Regionals is this weekend.

My regionals were weeks ago...

Other than the contest, I'm still focused on Wave 1/2 builds. Not like I'm getting to play more than a game every two weeks. By myself.

Literally it takes several days to play one game.

YOSH! I finished that chart. . . my inexperienced with excel shows though. I could not make the time between releases char all start at the same point since X-WIng's Wave 1 and Core were released together. . . 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17_saAfUorfeVzBk5q8vTlkyRijpdak1H8Kg-grt-PQ8/edit?usp=sharing

I would say that we have a bit of a wait till our next wave. I will go into further depth later when i create a thread.

Well, that depends on wether you want to call FFG liars.

They say its Wave 3 and 4.

I don't see how they could be liars. Even if it was a single wave during original development, it was their decision to make to divide it in two, and once the decision was made it is  wave 3 and wave 4, period. 

Oh, I completely agree with you.

They are Wave 3.   And Wave 4.

Makes no difference if they are delivered at the same time.

That sounds almost Zen like Dras.

So basically the extended "on the boat" status for wave 3 was a sham. It's been sitting at FFG for weeks. The short on the boat status for wave 4 was in actuallity the real time span for that status.

If I had to guess, I would say that Wave 4 production went better than expected and when they realized that the shipping to distributors phase was going to be only a 2.5 weeks appart for the 2 waves they decided to hold on to wave 3 so they could ship them out to distributors together and save some money and logistics headaches.

That was my assumption weeks ago. So many people were mad that FFG had to pull an audible.
Indeed, and I care about zero percent. I'm just happy as a pig in excrement that wave 4 is coming so fast! I am literally going to save for the next 3 or 4 weeks it takes these to get into Canada and then go bonkers buying.
Good! I am happy becuase I can do the TIE Fighter video now. . .  Just got to find a way to balance it out. . .  

We are ahead of schedule now which makes up for the 4 months we had to wait for wave 1 so I am happy with that. The data is balancing out.

I haven't had much chance to playtest them yet, but you are welcome to give them a once over. Enjoy.

I went through the short several times for just the joy of it and my mind does what it does and mentally  compared it to the cards you created. Others can weigh in here as well but let's go through them. 

Ada, from where you get her ability, she is only really attacking a single squadron. I think it would be better for her to increase the damage each Hit does to a squadron by 1. 

Neel and Rosh are good. 

I would personally change ge Gaunt to the effect of the Liberty title. All he does as a Commander is replaces an upgrade card on all ships which no Commander does as fast as I can tell. The closest is Madine with his Nav Team Ability. 

Exterminator for 8 is fine and can activate 7 TIE Fighters or Interceptors. 

Inhibitor is ok but all they really did was turn on the Target Scramblers against the single squadron. 

Violator. . .  God's. . .  The raw power to strip side shields at Red range, to push through free crits at Red range. If you used the new Fire Control Teams to get 2 crits you could see just some really silly combinations there. 9 seems so cheap for that ability. . .  Needs testing I think. 

Spot on analysis I think. 

Violator ... no ... just no ... and I tend to almost always play Imperial. 

Lyraeus likes this

What does this mean in real terms......

All fleets optimized for Wave-3 are irrelevant. Intensify Wave 4 Fleet building! :)

As if we weren't already building for wave 4. :)

But when will Amazon UK be selling them? Thats all I really care about

Oh and didnt Tirion bet his wallet that it wouldnt be this week?

You will learn when Tirion says no, its a yes.
Tirion likes this

The Canadian Nationals are going to be bonkers with wave 3 and 4 legal and the meta still in flux

Did FFG update their "legal for tournaments" list yet? This aint the old west anymore the "legal if it's released" rule does not exist anymore.

The Canadian Nationals are going to be bonkers with wave 3 and 4 legal and the meta still in flux

Did FFG update their "legal for tournaments" list yet? This aint the old west anymore the "legal if it's released" rule does not exist anymore.

Legal 11 days after release for north american tournaments. Distributor rules.

(Well its something like 11 days)