Sign in to follow this  
Benvader

Rebel Regen

I have been playing the following Rebel regen list for some months now and I have only lost 1 match with it (and that was because time was called).

35 Poe Dameron (31), VI (1), R5-P9 (3), IA (0)

36 Red Ace (29), Comms Relay (3), R2-D2 (4), IA (0)

29 Kyle Katarn (21), Jan Ors (2), TLT (6)

100 Total

Now I haven't faced a triple U-boat list yet but Ordnance alpha strikes are looking like they will be all the rage this summer. ;) A lot of people are claiming that U-boats outright nerf Regen because they can generate the necessary damage spike to burn a ship down in one turn. Now I enjoy playing this list and I think rumours of regen's demise are slightly exaggerated. If you play a straight-up joust with ordnance carriers at Range 2-3 then yes, my T70s would most probably get burned down. However with a few changes I think I can make this list a lot more torpedo resilient.

36 Poe Dameron (31), Adaptability (0), R5-P9 (3), Autothrusters (2)

38 Red Ace (29), Comms Relay (3), R2-D2 (4), Autothrusters (2)

26 Biggs Darklighter (25), R4-D6 (1), IA (0)

100 Total

This loses some of the flexibility of my old list. I really loved the HWK for handing out the tokens that keep the T70s alive as well as being a general nuisance with the TLT. In exchange for that though, I have gained a lot of alpha-strike resilience in the shape of everyone's favourite bullet-catcher, Biggs!

Biggs is a strong addition to a Regen list against any opponent because anything that makes them split their fire will make it harder to do significant damage to the T70s. Against U-boats in particular, Biggs can eat half their torpedo stocks before dying meaning it is much harder for the U-boats to deal with the T70s. Of course against U-boats, I would never just fly straight towards them, I would be using my speed and boost moves wherever possible to try and dodge their front arc at Range 2-3, no sense in flying straight into their torpedoes.

The points saved by switching to Biggs also allows me to put Autothrusters on the T70s. This will help if my opponent manages to catch them in torpedo arc at Range 3. It will also help against turrets in general.

Edited by Karhedron

36 Poe Dameron (31), Adaptability (0), R5-P9 (3), Autothrusters (2)

38 Red Ace (29), Comms Relay (3), R2-D2 (4), Autothrusters (2)

26 Biggs Darklighter (25), R4-D6 (1), IA (0)

100 Total

Yep, pretty much this. You could make an argument for dropping Autothrusters on Red Ace to upgrade Poe's Adaptability to VI to make PS9 aces nervous, but it's always hard to drop AT from a ship that can take it. It does give you the win in a Soontir vs Poe timeout.

I think Regen is still doing OK, but you are restricted somewhat by pretty much needing to bring Biggs to protect against alpha-heavy lists. Currently I'm liking this:

34 Wedge w/ PtL, BB8, IA.

40 Miranda w/ TLT, Chopper, HomingM, LRS.

26 Biggs w/ R4D6, IA.

Wedge and Miranda hit like a train, and Biggs buys them time to inflict heavy damage on the enemy. Miranda's your endgame ship and can beat most non-Soontir ships 1v1.

Try

Miranda Doni -48

Guidance Chips - 0

Sabine Wren -2

Thermal Detanators - 3

Seismic Charges - 2

Extra Munitions -2 

Proton Torpedoes - 4

TLT - 6

Poe Dameron -37

VI - 1

R5-P9- 3

Autothrusters -2

Prototype Pilot -15

Chardaan refit - (-2)

Totals Points: 100

This is a favorite of mine:

Poe: Adaptibity, R5-P9, AT

Horn: Adaptidility, R2-D2, FCS

Green Squad Awing: Test Pilot, Char, PTL, Wired, AT

Or if I know what's coming and I want Poe at PS10, I take off ATs and add a Stealth on Poe or Awing and use VI on Poe