Sign in to follow this  
alexbobspoons

Fantastic, wanna buy it all! Reprints in Schedule I see

Always wanted to buy MoM but didnt due to lack of solo play. Now MoM2 will be a definite purchase but as I am "me" Ill need it all.. I see the original core and expansions are on the reprint list (since 2015) I do hope these will still go through and be produced, effectively as expansions for MoM2.

Also, from what I gather, the pod expansions featured cards that wont feature as much in MoM2, so would be nice for any new content to get a pod that would make it backwards compatible so you still retain the 1vs1/2/3etc format as well as the new co op.

Great news!

Edited by alexbobspoons

I am hoping to hear more about which expansions are compatible and to what extent. In the new Decent app, only a monster or two transfer over per expansion, and a new campaign is reduced to a mini-quest. I sincerely hope the entirety of the MoM expansions are included within the second edition's app.

Can't wait for more info myself. 

I assume that there will be some overlap between both editions monster wise, like Cultists.

However I'm hoping for near 100% of monsters, though I understand that some of them are pretty similar to each other (Wizard, Cultist, Witch, Dark Druid, Cult Leader).  So if some of those don't make the cut I won't lose my mind over it.

So happy to see at least 4 brand new investigators, I bet they'll be showing up in Eldritch Horror in the future.

Since I have all the minis painted (whether bought painted or MoM painted myself), I'm glad to have the opportunity to get those new ones painted up.

I just hope the art style is close between the new and old tiles.  The new ones look great, but a little more vibrant or sharp.

Not a big deal though.  Bring it on FFG!

Also bring on the Arkham Horror co-op card game!

I would galdy see a reprint of 1e but in case of FFG it's highly doubtfull. But I can see that they could do something similar to Descent Hero & monster Collection so packs full of Investigators and horrors from 1ed. If not then buying the conversion kit makes no sesnse if you do not own MoM 1e. Really intersted in this one I am - like Yoda would say. But I will buy it only if there's a chance to have it all so with investigators and monsters from 1e.

Cheers

I am hoping to hear more about which expansions are compatible and to what extent. In the new Decent app, only a monster or two transfer over per expansion, and a new campaign is reduced to a mini-quest. I sincerely hope the entirety of the MoM expansions are included within the second edition's app.

Not sure what your experience is.  I have used the Descent2 app and had all of the monsters and heroes from the expansions show up in the online quests.  It looks like the same will be true for MoM2.

Yeah, no surprise there.  No point now.  It's obvious FFG intends this to be a replacement instead of an alternative way to play.  Plus, they need to have a way to resell all of the first edition expansions as new, second edition expansions.

Edited by Otakuon

Yep.  I have the 1e core box and several POD's, but not FA or CotW..

Announcing that the 1e boxes would, and I quote, "greatly expand the possibilities within your game" then not reprinting them?  

That might just break me.  

!!!

Yep.  I have the 1e core box and several POD's, but not FA or CotW..

Announcing that the 1e boxes would, and I quote, "greatly expand the possibilities within your game" then not reprinting them?  

That might just break me.  

!!!

You are not alone! The news about the 2nd edition didn't get me all that excited as I still need to get the Call of the Wild expansion. Not reprinting it is really sad. I mean where are we supposed to get this now? Can't they print only a few still of the expansions??

I think if FFG just releases an update pack of 1st ed minis and tiles it will damage their sales.

So many people into boardgames are completionists and have an aspect of OCD.

If the solo aspect of 2nd ed attracts new players, they will want a ful reprint of 1st ed for the content but ALSO to have the option of playing 1-vs-many IF a group get-together happens, so people are more likely to ignore a new partial-content pack and head to ebay where FFG hets zero profit.

It would be far better for FFG to reprint 1st ed properly and scoop up all the profit from the new OCD players... like me.

Have to say that's true, regarding the option of playing Mansions 1e style.

We experience this with Descent.  Played the App, bought a ton of Descent to extend it and had a great time.  However, when we couldn't continue a campaign one day in Road to Legend as one of our group couldn't make it we started to play Lair of the Wyrm and just loved it, we are on Trollfens now and play both styles interchangeably which was completely, utterly unexpected.  

Though I think people will buy whatever is available, these are great games and the terms 'collector' and 'gaming' are sort of interchangeable!, I will be looking for CotW and FA out there in the FLGS for sure.  ;)

Have to say that's true, regarding the option of playing Mansions 1e style.

We experience this with Descent.  Played the App, bought a ton of Descent to extend it and had a great time.  However, when we couldn't continue a campaign one day in Road to Legend as one of our group couldn't make it we started to play Lair of the Wyrm and just loved it, we are on Trollfens now and play both styles interchangeably which was completely, utterly unexpected.  

Though I think people will buy whatever is available, these are great games and the terms 'collector' and 'gaming' are sort of interchangeable!, I will be looking for CotW and FA out there in the FLGS for sure.   ;)

I would much rather give FFG money for a full 1st ed reprint than give it to ebay.

If a partial-only set is reduced (say tiles and minis), I really wont buy it because Id rather have the full monty.

I hope FFG are aware of the OCD-ness of their customer base.

I own all of the 1st ed of MoM apart from the tiny pack expansions and think the now gone expansions will be future expansions for 2nd ed in the future. 

If that does indeed become true, it will mean that the only benefit for me to buy these expansions will be for the cards! (as I have the figures/board pieces).

So I would win and lose...

:(

Edited by meggypeggs

My local store carries all 1st edition boxes right now and i was wondering if it's worth it to buy them or wait for a redo like they've done with decent? What do you guyz think?

Please let me know where your local store is, pm would be good please :)

That's what I thought and I bought their last copies. Sorry Alexbobspoon, but if it makes you feel better, they didn't have call of the wild. :)

Pat

No, if you were wanting them for yourself id be happier if you had managed to get yourself the full set :) I only put my bid in for if you werent buying.

Enjoy!

I've had two copies of the first edition for quite some time now.  One used, the other never opened and still wrapped.  

I have no need of the unwrapped box, so I'm willing to part with it if anyone is interested.

Really looking forward to the second edition.  Will be much more enjoyable playing this in fully coop mode.