Sign in to follow this  
stewati

1st editions still being printed?

This is also the question on my mind.  I have all of the 1E stuff, including the Print on Demand scenarios, but I'm curious since it won't make sense to produce the 1E expansion boxes as is if the components aren't compatible with 2E and the 1E box isn't available.  

I imagine FF will either re-release the expansions adjusted for 2E or sprinkle the original investigators, rooms, and monsters into a variety of 2E expansions, similar to Descent content in the Descent 2E hero/monster expansions.

There's no point in me pretending at this point that I won't be buying the 1E content re-releases no matter how it is done for 2E. 

I'm surprised.

The conversion kit contains tokens to represent the monsters, so the app must use them even if you don't own 1e.

I assumed that meant 1e would remain available so people can still get the miniatures. Maybe they'll reprint the premium figures instead.

I'm surprised.

The conversion kit contains tokens to represent the monsters, so the app must use them even if you don't own 1e.

I assumed that meant 1e would remain available so people can still get the miniatures. Maybe they'll reprint the premium figures instead.

Me too, id rather buy 1st ed and have 1vs1 option than just buy minis

I don't think they would have made the app able to handle items from 1st edition if they had in mind to have the line die. The app seems to come with options to merge the collections and also the fact that we don't have overlapping investigators and monsters seems to confirm this. Additionally, had they planned to let 1st edition go oop forever, then why bothering with a conversion kit? They would simply have reprinted the old stuff for the new line, that's it.

In any case, GenCon is next week. I'm expecting in the Q&A time people will ask about Mansions 1 and 2, and some answers will be given for sure

It is mentioned in the last news item that Thursday and Monday are the next news 'installments'.  Between these and, as Julia mentioned, the Q&A at GenCon we should have a pretty good idea of what's ahead in the short term, hopefully.

Monday they are discussing the Conversion Kit, I suspect (hope!) that will be when they will address all things 1e, which might include its reprint.

Arkham Horror and all things Lovecraft are my wife's main go-to in respect to board games, which explains why we have already pre-ordered this..   Lovecraft kind of came as a package deal with the marriage.  ;)

It looks like the 1e content (monsters+investigators) will be included in the 2e app, and those who don't have the 1e game or expansions will have to use tokens or proxies to represent these in 2e until the figures are released again in 2e expansions.   

I wanted to be able to buy 1st ed as well as 2nd, not only for the content pieces but also to have the option of non co op play for the occasional non solo game.

Very dissapointed if 1st ed isntvreprinted :(

For now you can still find copies of 1E Mansions kicking around (though they have jumped in price in the last few days). I would keep an eye out at BGG for trades as that's usually a good way to get out-of-print mainstream games on the cheap. 

the app must use them even if you don't own 1e.

The app must use 1e components even if you don't have 1e?

Why do you think so?

Having the conversion kit comped in with the base game would seem to imply that they will give you some way of using that content if you don't have 1E (probably tokens). Otherwise I would think they would sell the conversion kit separately. 

Someone posted a FFG reply on the boardgamegeek forum. They will bring back the monsters and investigators, but no word about the format (expansions, packs, etc).

Now might be the time to order some of the expansions while they're still reasonably priced...but may want to wait until we get a firm line on what will be covered by the app...

the app must use them even if you don't own 1e.

The app must use 1e components even if you don't have 1e?

Why do you think so?

Because there would be no need to include tokens if that wasn't true.

If you own 1e you would use miniatures.

If you don't own 1e the tokens have no use if the app didn't support them.

Well this is really really sad.... I was soo looking forward to getting my copy of Call of the wild. Only now to see that it is no longer available on the reprint page. I so wanted to get that expansion. It's just nowhere available anymore... good going FFG for killing it.