Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

Finally! Some MoM news!

The initial press release infers that you don't need the conversion kit to use the MoM app with 1st edition. But what exactly are you missing out on without the conversion kit? Would love to see some specifics.

The initial press release infers that you don't need the conversion kit to use the MoM app with 1st edition. But what exactly are you missing out on without the conversion kit? Would love to see some specifics.

I'm not sure what you're referring to re using the app with the first edition.  The conversion kit seems to be included with the second edition and will let you use tiles, investigators and monsters with the second edition.  

I am a huge fan of all the other 'Arkham files' games, but had held off getting MoM because I only ever play with one other person and I didn't think either of us would enjoy the puzzle elements of the game (my opponent would have been terrible at them by himself). 2nd edition looks much more appealing with the app running the show and hiding things from you (and especially the ability to play solo), but, like ringskipper, I find the $100 price tag a bit daunting (no way I'm getting this as a birthday/ Christmas present). Definitely on my watch list, though.

Edited by xfoley8

As a person who owns everything from from first eidition of MoM, I can't help but wonder, if this conversion kit would be included by default... I mean, 100$ is pretty steep price tag already. Do I really need to pay more just to use stuff from 1st game I already have?

As a person who owns everything from from first eidition of MoM, I can't help but wonder, if this conversion kit would be included by default... I mean, 100$ is pretty steep price tag already. Do I really need to pay more just to use stuff from 1st game I already have?

the conversation kit is included in, by default. 

"Can I combine this with my first edition of Mansions of Madness?

Mansions of Madness Second Edition includes a conversion kit, which is designed to incorporate your first editionMansions of Madness investigator figures, monster figures, and map tiles into the game. "

The kit is included in the base game.

I'm impressed that they added 4 NEW investigators instead of picking some of the existing 48.

I'd not consider as reference the 48 existing investigators because otherwise there won't be need of the conversion kit (I hope their goal is to have 2nd and 1st edition coexist, so that we won't have to purchase duplicates to follow 2nd edition, and newcomers will be encouraged to buy 1st edition materials)

Plus new faces are very welcome, considering there are other active lines of products (ES, EH) where the original investigator pool was almost depleted. More Lovecraftian goodies, yay!

The conversion kit doesn't give you stuff you already have.  It allows you to use stuff you already have for 1E as part of 2E.  The conversion kit will have 2e cards for the 1e monsters and investigators you already have.  

Edited by Jeffrey Paul

The conversion kit doesn't give you stuff you already have.  It allows you to use stuff you already have for 1E as part of 2E.  The conversion kit will have 2e cards for the 1e monsters and investigators you already have.  

I believe I never claimed otherwise. I was just asking if I'll need to pay for Conversion Kit additionally to that 100$ cost of the base game.