Sign in to follow this  
heychadwick

Fearlessness EPT

swx55-fearlessness.png

So.....this is coming out in the new Fang Fighter.  Yes, it will be good with the Fang Fighter.  

What else could it be good with?  You need to be in each other's firing arc and at R1, but it works for secondary weapons and with any firing arc (like auxiliary).

N'Dru with Cluster Missiles, Lone Wolf, and Glitterstim would be a beast!  That's 4 red dice for each attack.  Each eyeball a hit.  Re-roll one blank.  Add a hit on to the end of that.  Do it a second time.  Go for GC to make sure to turn one stubborn blank into a hit.  

Dengar was one someone else thought of in another thread and I was ashamed I didn't think of it.  It's a great idea!  Add a hit to it?  Works for his special ability, as well?  That's two bonus potential damage a turn.  Throw on Blaster Bot and Dengar is doing some damage.

Boba Fett wants to be up in your face, anyways, with his special ability.  Now, he can get all those re-rolls and add in an extra hit!  Bonus for shooting out the rear.  Maybe even have Tail Gunner, too?  That leads to..

Kath Scarlet firing out the rear will get a bonus hit, an extra red die to roll, and reduce the enemy green by one!  Man, that will be brutal.  

Any YV-666 pilot with an EPT, which is Bossk can use it, as well.  They are up in everyone's grill most of the time, anyways.  Excellent to get a bonus damage added.  

Moralo Eval can get extra damage thrown in with his cannon shots, too.  

Bossk can use Mangler Cannon and get the bonus extra hit from the EPT at R1.  That would be 4 dice results, plus the free Mangler hit added in to go with Bossk's ability.  

Tansarri Point Vet w/ Autocannon would get at least one auto hit a turn, but would be pretty vulnerable.  I like Mindlink better.  

Guri w/ Sensor Jammer, AT, and Fearlessness could be good.  Get stuck in there and get the free Focus result.  Use for defense with the Sensor Jammer.  Add in an extra damage with Fearlessness.  

Anything else good that I'm missing?

Edited by heychadwick

Any YV-666 pilot can use it, as well.  They are up in everyone's grill most of the time, anyways.  Excellent to get a bonus damage added.  

Moralo Eval can get extra damage thrown in with his cannon shots, too.  

Bossk can use Mangler Cannon and get the bonus extra hit from the EPT at R1.  That would be 4 dice results, plus the free Mangler hit added in to go with Bossk's ability.  

Bossk is the only YV-666 pilot that will be getting any use out of Fearlessness. At least until there's an upgrade Scum can take that grants an EPT slot.

Edited by WWHSD

Guri w/ Sensor Jammer, AT, and Fearlessness could be good.  Get stuck in there and get the free Focus result.  Use for defense with the Sensor Jammer.  Add in an extra damage with Fearlessness.  

I don't think Fearlessness would trigger often enough on Guri to be worth taking. With the number of shots I take at range 2-3 and out of my target's arc with her, I think I'd rather spend the extra points on Predator (or Lone Wolf in the right list). If I was going to take it on her, I think I'd probably take FCS instead of Seonsor Jammer. That drops her to 36 points with Autothrusters and still gives her rerolls.

Edited by WWHSD

Tansarii Veterans could be worthwhile with just the EPT. It's 18 points for what is effectively 4 dice attack from R1 at PS5, with one of those dice being a guaranteed hit.

Someone else suggested it on Autoblaster Kavil to make him a serious R1 threat. If you're within his arc and he's within yours, he's rolling two dice plus a guaranteed hit. If you're outside of his arc, he gets three dice.

Could also be a solid option for Xizor. Being shot at from R1 is less of a risk for him with his pilot ability.

I could see putting it on a Contracted Scout that wasn't being built out as a Torp boat. Beefy ship for cheap that puts out decent damage head to head at range one.

Edited by WWHSD

I was thinking IG B & C with an Autoblaster.  You're sacrificing the extra die at Range 1, but Fearlessness makes it's kinda like rolling that extra die anyway.  And you have the possibility of three hits that can't be cancelled by die roll.  Load them out Fearlessness + Title + Advanced Sensors + Autoblaster + Shield Upgrade/Stealth Device for extra defense since they'll be in close a lot more and not be able to take advantage of Autothrusters.

It might be a good fit on Zuckuss as well. 

That was my first thought. With the Mist Hunter title, you can barrel roll into range 1. Maybe include Dengar or K4 to get rerolls. (I prefer K4 here because you are rolling so many dice.)

I was thinking IG B & C with an Autoblaster.  You're sacrificing the extra die at Range 1, but Fearlessness makes it's kinda like rolling that extra die anyway.  And you have the possibility of three hits that can't be cancelled by die roll.  Load them out Fearlessness + Title + Advanced Sensors + Autoblaster + Shield Upgrade/Stealth Device for extra defense since they'll be in close a lot more and not be able to take advantage of Autothrusters.

IG-88B is a probably a waste if you are taking Autoblasters+Fearlessness. Even if Fearlessness doesn't trigger the chances of getting a miss with an Autoblaster is really low.

IG-88B is a probably a waste if you are taking Autoblasters+Fearlessness. Even if Fearlessness doesn't trigger the chances of getting a miss with an Autoblaster is really low.

Yeah, but you've got a second cannon slot, so you can also equip a Tractor Beam, Ion Cannon, etc. for the long range shots.

On the other hand, you could do IG C and either A or D with Autoblaster and Fearlessness. A Brobots list without B? Say it ain't so!

Tansarii Veterans could be worthwhile with just the EPT. It's 18 points for what is effectively 4 dice attack from R1 at PS5, with one of those dice being a guaranteed hit.

This.

I'm already proxying 4 for a squad this weekend to test this idea.

But I think that the Manda Merc might like it as well. For 38 pts (Fearlessness/Tail Gunner), you have a beefy rear-arc shooter getting hits through by brute force and acting as a blocker for the nimble ones.

How does fearlessness work with accuracy corrector?

Not very well. 

You either activate Fearlessness and then Accuracy Corrector which wipes out the hit result from Fearlessness and gives you two hits or you activate Accuracy Corrector to end up with two hit results that cannot be further modified.

Edited by WWHSD

How does fearlessness work with accuracy corrector?

It doesn't, no matter in what order you use the card abilities. If you use Fearlessness first, Accuracy Corrector just cancels it. If you use Accuracy Corrector first, then the card text prevents you from further modifying the roll. 

Yeah, but you've got a second cannon slot, so you can also equip a Tractor Beam, Ion Cannon, etc. for the long range shots.

On the other hand, you could do IG C and either A or D with Autoblaster and Fearlessness. A Brobots list without B? Say it ain't so!

I could totally see B+C with

Fearlessness (1)

Ion Cannon (3)

Autoblaster (5)

Advanced Sensors (3)

Inertial Dampeners (1)

Autothrustsers (2)

It comes out to 100 points even. You effectively get two chances to ionize a ship at range, then you know where they'll be so you can move into range-1 and use the Autoblaster.

I've tried this before but without Fearlessness and it didn't work well at all. Too bad.

one thing I gotta say about fearlessness is that it's VERY situational (Dependent both on you and your opponent)

you'd honestly be lucky to get it off more than once per game

atm, I rate it as a worse crackshot unless you're only running jouster v jouster

utility obviously goes up both with and against aux arcs. Sadly, only Bossk has an ept on the YV-666 (would've been the perfect platform imo) so we're looking at firespray lovers to make the most of it

Edited by ficklegreendice

1) N'Dru with Cluster Missiles, Lone Wolf, and Glitterstim would be a beast!  That's 4 red dice for each attack.  Each eyeball a hit.  Re-roll one blank.  Add a hit on to the end of that.  Do it a second time.  Go for GC to make sure to turn one stubborn blank into a hit.  

2) Kath Scarlet firing out the rear will get a bonus hit, an extra red die to roll, and reduce the enemy green by one!  Man, that will be brutal.  

3) Guri w/ Sensor Jammer, AT, and Fearlessness could be good.  Get stuck in there and get the free Focus result.  Use for defense with the Sensor Jammer.  Add in an extra damage with Fearlessness.  

1) Lone Wolf is the EPT, though this could make a cheaper substitute.

2) I call that the "NEMO DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT BUTT GUN™!"

3) Sounds interesting on Guri, I will have to give that a try sometime.

I could totally see B+C with

Fearlessness (1)

Ion Cannon (3)

Autoblaster (5)

Advanced Sensors (3)

Inertial Dampeners (1)

Autothrustsers (2)

It comes out to 100 points even. You effectively get two chances to ionize a ship at range, then you know where they'll be so you can move into range-1 and use the Autoblaster.

I've tried this before but without Fearlessness and it didn't work well at all. Too bad.

My version went with tractor instead of ion and fcs.

AutoBots (98)

IG88-C (49) - Aggressor

Fearlessness (1), Fire Control System (2), Autoblaster (5), Tractor Beam (1), Feedback Array (2), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

IG88-B (49) - Aggressor

Fearlessness (1), Fire Control System (2), Autoblaster (5), Tractor Beam (1), Feedback Array (2), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

If you miss a primary ranged shot, shoot again with tractor to try to pull them into range one of your other ship. Feedback for aces that dodge out of arc but end up range 1