Sign in to follow this  
ForceSensitive

So about the Arquitens-class on the campaign box...

There was also some mention of the fact that between wave 4 and the Correllian Campaign, there are 5 SKUs that remain unknown. So it could be happening in wave 5!

Wave 5 wave 5? Or Wave 3c Wave 5?

Probs Wave 5a and wave 5b (wave 6).

Aka wave 4a and wave 4b.

I speculate that wave 5a will be two small / medium ships (one for each side, and a fighter pack). 

Then wave 5b will be a medium base ship for the Rebellion, and a large ship for the Empire. Plus the aformentioned fighter pack if it does not come in wave 5a.

With them putting Rebel stuff into Armada and X-Wing and the fact that after wave 4 we will be at an odd number of Medium and Large ships when compared to each faction, I fully expect wave 5 to have squadrons, a Rebel medium ship and an Imperial Large ship. We may even see an Imperial small ship if there is no large ship.

What stats do you predict? 

I would like to imagine it as a more of a broadside ship to give empire some variety especially since rebels got a strong front arc ship (liberty).

Speed 3

command 2

squadron 1

engineering 3

5 hull as its bigger than the raider measuring at least around 200-250 meters but it shouldnt have more hull than the Gladiator.

Shield values 2/3/3/1 would make it unique

armament:

front: red blue blue side: red red blue black, rear: red blue

defence tokens: evade redirect brace or evade redirect redirect(would allow it to use trc maby?)

Edited by Microscop

In Rebels:

1)  You see them firing front-on with hull-mounted turrets like just about all other star destroyer designs.

2)  Its Tiny.  Corvette Sized.  Honestly its no bigger than the command tower on the Interdictor, as shown in a different thread, where I took the screenshot of it pancaked up against it.

I expect a Corvette.  For the Empire.

Not much more.

With them putting Rebel stuff into Armada and X-Wing and the fact that after wave 4 we will be at an odd number of Medium and Large ships when compared to each faction, I fully expect wave 5 to have squadrons, a Rebel medium ship and an Imperial Large ship. We may even see an Imperial small ship if there is no large ship.

Another Imperial small ship would be a welcome addition for people who might not want to spam Raiders or Gladiators. Obviously we have the Flotillas, but well, they're not the same :P

I'm actually curious to understand how they designed the role of medium ships in the game compared to larger ones.

In Rebels:

1)  You see them firing front-on with hull-mounted turrets like just about all other star destroyer designs.

2)  Its Tiny.  Corvette Sized.  Honestly its no bigger than the command tower on the Interdictor, as shown in a different thread, where I took the screenshot of it pancaked up against it.

I expect a Corvette.  For the Empire.

Not much more.

Its at least triple leanght of gozanti so rather bigger than corvette. Missle batteries are mounted on the sides and some variants should also have turbolaser batteries there, both of those can't fire forward so broadside should be stronger than the front arc.

It may well be an Imperial corvette but broadside not front arc oriented, a bit more sturdy but more cumbersome. Rebels could get dp20 (its already on the slaved turret card) which would be a rebel raider equivalent.

Edited by Microscop

I'm just pointing out how it is portrayed in Star Wars: Rebels.

Do fully canon statistics exist for it anymore?

In rebels its shown to be at least 3x longer than Gozanti, that would make it aorund 200 meters. Clone wars variant (canon) had massive double gun turbolaser battery on each side, and its also supposed to have missle tube on the sides too (dont know if this part is canon). 

Edited by Microscop

I've got a feeling that they probably dropped it down to much less than what it was for Rebels...

Looking at the current official illustrations, the only weapons it has is the double batteries on its ventral front and dorsal front hulls...   There are two odd little circular things on the underside that point sideways, which may be ordnance doors or something...  Not sure...

But in its combat showings, its only been used as a blockade ship - hovering nose-front to the enemy and bringing those four batteries to bear...

Again, may be grossly simplified, but that's how I see it...  Its entirely possible we'll get a broadside ship out of it, but all of the hatches and ports on its broadsides are listed (at least, texture-wise), as Escape Pods...

Reference:

A Bunch of Images here:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/rebel-resolve-concept-art-gallery

They have lighting and texture concepts on the illustrations.

And we do have a precedence - the Interdictor - that these illustrations are somewhat 'accurate'...

As for their actual depictions and rules, not sure how much that will translate...  

And I'm often wrong, regardless :D

I've got a feeling that they probably dropped it down to much less than what it was for Rebels...

Looking at the current official illustrations, the only weapons it has is the double batteries on its ventral front and dorsal front hulls...   There are two odd little circular things on the underside that point sideways, which may be ordnance doors or something...  Not sure...

But in its combat showings, its only been used as a blockade ship - hovering nose-front to the enemy and bringing those four batteries to bear...

Again, may be grossly simplified, but that's how I see it...  Its entirely possible we'll get a broadside ship out of it, but all of the hatches and ports on its broadsides are listed (at least, texture-wise), as Escape Pods...

Reference:

A Bunch of Images here:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/rebel-resolve-concept-art-gallery

They have lighting and texture concepts on the illustrations.

And we do have a precedence - the Interdictor - that these illustrations are somewhat 'accurate'...

As for their actual depictions and rules, not sure how much that will translate...  

And I'm often wrong, regardless :D

You have a point. It would be boring if it turns out to be a red blue dice raider reskin so i hope we get something difreant.

Edited by Microscop

I do agree.  Boring, but could also be neccessary for the game...  ::shrug::

I do think as well, that Red-Black in small amounts could be interesting though...    Replace a Corvette A's Blues with Blacks and see how that goes.

Wouldn't know what to do for an Alt variant at that point, without ending up with a Corvette or Raider clone.

I do agree.  Boring, but could also be neccessary for the game...  ::shrug::

I do think as well, that Red-Black in small amounts could be interesting though...    Replace a Corvette A's Blues with Blacks and see how that goes.

Wouldn't know what to do for an Alt variant at that point, without ending up with a Corvette or Raider clone.

What could be insteresting if you want a small ship base for the Empire is the Carrack cruiser.

When I played him in SW Rebellion (PC game), it was not the best but at least it was good in the support role for the rest of the fleet at the early stage of the game.

The price could be something like 46 pts for the class 1 and 51 for the class 2. A brother for the Raider but against ship.

Its a possibility, but something to recall is that the Raider itself was billed and created, essentially, as a replacement for the smaller ships such as the Carrack and the Lancer, in X-Wing...

It was done, of course, with LFLs stringent oversight and blessing in the end, but we're less likely to see those ships, because the Raider simply exists now...

Carracks if i remember correctly were significantly slower than Lancers, and had a lot more firepower (turblolasers rather than laser cannons). 

I know the raider was invented to specifically replace the ugly and unthematic lancer, i'm not sure that it is a direct corollary to the Carrack. (Which the class of sailing ships I believe was more heavy than a frigate or corvette type ship.)

I don't really expect the Carrack to make it into Armada. It's an old remnant of the EU, and it's not a thematic as say the Dreadnought was from the same sort of EU.

What I do expect though is the Nebulon B-2 for the Empire. FFG has spoiled that they are coming for the LCG in an upcoming Empire set, and they have artwork for them, which means we'll likely get them at some point. Why buy artwork if you're not going to use it for 4 or 5 different products? (Before anyone objects or gets salty: The same artwork exists and is used in the RPG, the LCG, Armada, and X-Wing. Not sure about IA, because I have never played.)

Arqs seem like a safe bet based on the box art, Neb B2s seem like a safe bet based on LCG artwork. 

Honestly though, I'm more curious about REBEL ships at this point. And fighters. Gotta have my defenders.

Maybe the Quasar?

Edited by Eggzavier