Tvboy

How to use your wave 7 figures in campaign without screwing with the Time Periods

77 posts in this topic

Update: So people seem to keep referencing this thread that I made back in June of 2016 instead of the new one, here's the link to the mini-campaign pdf Enjoy. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4izPKI4wrZZY1AydFdiaXM3Um8/view?usp=sharing

Everything below this is from the original thread and subsequent edits as I fleshed out my ideas. 

So a lot of people are understandably upset that they can't use the figures from the latest Wave (Obi-Wan, Greedo, Inquisitor) without noticeably messing up the campaign's narrative structure by introducing characters that should be dead during the campaign's time period. This means players that can't handle the narrative dissonance of Obi-Wan Kenobi or Greedo appearing in their post EPIV campaign are forced to forgo enjoying the new characters and missions in their campaigns.

But here's an idea for how people can play with these figures. Build your own mini-campaign! Combine the 3 missions from the 3 new figure packs to create a mini-campaign that is consistent with its own internal timeline which would take place before or during the time period of Rebels.

Here's the structure I've come up with that matches the structure of an FFG mini-campaign and that creates the best reward structure and narrative.

Obi-Wan
Bantha Rider if Rebs win / Alliance Smuggler if Imps win
Grand Inquisitor
Greedo

Use the mini-campaign setup from Twin Shadows/Bespin Gambit before playing the first mission (Each player gets 3XP, 400CR each, 10 item cards drawn and 0 influence). Then after each mission, apply the "End of Mission" rewards, but replace the "Additional Rewards" with the XP/CR/Influence reward specified in the first bullet of the Epilogues in the Twin Shadows or Bespin Gambit book corresponding to the number of the mission you played. For example, after the first mission, you would look at the Epilogue for either Hunted Down or Reclamation (they should both be the same) and apply the rewards in the first bullet point depending on who won, obviously ignoring the later rewards that have to do with unique characters from those campaigns and ignoring which mission to play next.

I hope this gives campaign players a way to enjoy the campaign content in these packs without messing up the consistency of the internal narrative that this game has set up in relation to the films.

EDIT: And here's the finished product!! 

ZVxGCCv.png

tumblr_ob1yakVAiB1u8kvoio1_540.png

Here is the Crawl text for easy copy/paste into the Star Wars crawl creator

A Galactic Empire has arisen. Emperor Palpatine's countless machinations have left those who would fight for democracy fragmented. Now they are relentlessly hunted by agents of the Empire. 

Senator Bail Organa, one of the few allies of the fledgling Rebellion operating in the galaxy's core, has contracted a band of mercenaries, freelancers with no love for the Empire, to seek out those who are pursued by the Emperor's hunters for their beliefs and bring them to safety.

They must now make contact with a Rebel asset on Tatooine, one of the last of the Jedi Order, to learn the location of a Rebel smuggler that was captured after being given priceless data: proof of the true identity of the Emperor's chief enforcer and apprentice, Darth Vader. 

Mini-Campaign Additional Setup rules:
  • The Imperial player returns all cards in his Agenda deck that are played as side misssions or forced missions to the game box.
  • Each hero receives 3 XP and heroes collectively receive 400 credits per hero. Then, heroes resolve a Rebel Upgrade Stage, drawing 10 cards from the Tier 1 Item deck instead of 6.
  • The Imperial player receives 3 XP and performs and Imperial upgrade stage.
  • Read the opening crawl for "Edge of Oblivion", then read the story text aloud on the mission card for the Introductory Mission. 

Campaign Log

tumblr_ojy3qgWceA1vqhzkqo1_1280.png

Epilogue for the Introductory Mission:  Deadly Transmission (Obi-Wan Kenobi pack)

If the Rebels destroyed all the relay stations.

I Will Be Your Guide
Kenobi waves his hand over the last of the Imperial troops and you release them back to their ships as they repeat the words spoken to them by the old wizard, seemingly convinced that the only thing for them to report to their commanders is a heavy Womp Rat infestation in the local area.

"You have my gratitude today," Kenobi tells you. "If not for your help, the galaxy's only hope may have been lost to the Empire." You have no idea what he's talking about, but you quickly accept his gratitude and ask him to skip to the part where the Rebel smuggler is being held.

"He was taken by Sand People after he left with the holovid that I gave him," Kenobi explains. "By the time I arrived, there was nothing I could do, and an Imperial scout spotted me. There's a Tusken camp in a canyon in the Jundland wastes to the east of here. You will probably find your man, and the data you seek, there."

"Wait," the old general orders as you turn to leave, eager to complete your mission and collect your pay. "The Jundland Wastes are no place for off-worlders to travel without a guide. You will need someone to show you the way," he says, his eyes suddenly focused on the present instead of the past. He stifles a small grin as he re-latches his lightsaber, throws up his hood and begins walking ahead of you. "It seems I may just be foolish enough to follow you on this dam fool idealistic crusade." You decide it's best not to tell him about the money.  
  • Resolve the End of Mission event without resolving the Addtional Rewards.
  • Each player receives 2 XP. Heroes collectively receive 300 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.
  • The next active mission is "Into the Wastes" (see Bantha Rider pack).

If the relay stations were not destroyed before all the heroes were wounded or the end of round 6. 

May the Force Guide You
You create enough of a diversion to allow Obi-Wan to escape, and then pull your own disappearing act and rendezvous with him at his hut via an alternate route. You find him quickly packing a small satchel with supplies and a few small belongings. 

"Not to worry," he says, throwing his hood back and giving you a small, knowing grin. "I was able to make a slight alteration to their transmission before it was sent. My location here remains a secret. But the Empire remains, and now I must take steps to remove them. That which I protect on this planet is too precious to be allowed to fall into the hands of the Empire." Kenobi raises his head to gaze at the horizon, and you follow his gaze to see the faint view of a YT-2400 freighter lifting off and exiting the atmosphere, silhouetted against the fading light of the evening suns.

"Ah," chimes Kenobi, looking back at you,"it looks like your courier is more resourceful than we thought.  If credits are what you seek in life, and I am to correctly understand the terms of your contract with senator Organa, you may want to keep on eye on that ship to make sure the holovid that I gave to him arrives safely to its destination," Kenobi says, pulling his robes tightly around him, readying himself to embark into the cold desert night."I believe he said his next destination was Ryloth." 

As you sprint to your ship to catch up with the freighter, you cannot hear the old Jedi's final words to you, but somehow you are able to feel the words echoing around you, empowering you and filling you with a sense of hope. "May the Force be with you, always". 
  • Each player receives 2 XP. Heroes collectively receive 300 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.
  • The next active mission is "Precious Cargo" (see Alliance Smuggler pack). 

Epilogue for Into the Wastes (Bantha pack), the second mission if the Rebels won Deadly Transmission. 

If the Imperial Officer is defeated:

You finally make it to the safety of your shuttle, and with everyone on board, your pilot takes off. After taking a moment to catch your breath and rehydrate, you step into the ship's cabin to check on Kenobi and your newest passenger. You learn that his name is Tagg Ronin, and he is in bad shape. His wounds suffered at the hands of the Tuskens and their Imperial leader are grave. 

Kenobi places his hands over the man's most grevious wounds. Tagg begins to visibly relax, and his breathing becomes more steady. "This man will soon be one with the Force. His family is in danger. One of their children has a connection to the Force, and they are being hunted by an especially deadly agent of the Emperor. Their current hiding place on Ithor will not be safe for much longer."

You ask him what will happen to them if they are caught, and you instantly regret it. His response is grim. "The Empire will kill them. And the child will face much worse." Your sense of honor and self-preservation have never been in greater conflict. Your crew begins to argue over whether to go to Ithor or deliver the data back to Coruscant. Nobody joined this crew to save the galaxy from tyrants.

"Please," you hear your doomed passenger wheeze, and you turn to see that he has struggled to force himself partially upright in spite of his injuries. "Please protect my family. They are all I have. When the Empire takes everything from you, family...," he struggles through the pain and tears, "is the only thing left." With a final breath, he closes his eyes and falls silent. You look around at your crew, your family, and there is no longer any argument. You turn to Kenobi "We'll handle this, old man. It's what our client would want anyway. Where should we drop you off?"

"Oh, I'm in no hurry to return," he says as he tends to the body. "I sense that our destinies are to intertwine a little while longer. It seems that there is hope for all of you yet."

• Each hero receives 3 XP. The Imperial player receives 2 XP. Heroes collectively receive 300 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 influence. 
  • The next active mission is "Cornered" (see The Grand Inquisitor, Sith Loyalist pack)

If all heroes become wounded:

After escaping the Tusken camp, you double-back and pursue the Rebel's captors into the night, but not even Kenobi can match their native expertise of the area, and soon you cannot risk going further without becoming hopelessly lost. "Great, another mission botched!" one of you shouts, anger and frustration echoing in waves off the canyon walls. 

"Well, not exactly," says one of your more dextrous members, who pulls a holodisk out of their pocket. "I snagged it off of that gray-shirt during the scuffle and replaced it with a blank one. It'll be a while before he's even got a clue." Kenobi looks around at your group consolingly, "then it seems not all has been lost this day." Sadly, this gives you little comfort as you think back on the screams of the Rebel smuggler you were supposed to save as he was dragged away.

After you're picked up by your shuttle, you discover an encrypted message has arrived from Senator Organa. It's your next assignment, a family hiding out on Ithor is being hunted by the Empire because one of their children is a suspected Force sensitive. A deadly Sith assassin has been dispatched to find them, and has already narrowed down the system they're hiding in. You must protect them until starfighter support can be mustered to facilitate their escape.  

As you ready your gear for the mission ahead, you are surprised when Kenobi declines to be taken back to his hut. "The Jedi Knights were guardians of peace and justice. For too long have I been hidden on this planet, unable to help when I have seen others in need. Before I return to my sentry position here, allow me to lend you my skills and defend the innocent one last time." You nod, thinking to yourself, all you had to do was ask, old man. 
  • Each hero receives 2 XP. The Imperial player receives 3 XP. Heroes collectively receive 300 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 influence.
  • The next active mission is "Cornered" (see The Grand Inquisitor, Sith Loyalist pack)

Epilogue for Precious Cargo (Alliance Smuggler pack), the second mission if the Rebels lose Deadly Transmission. 

If the heroes departed:

Laid Bare
You get chance to speak with Tagg and his crew, which consists only of an ornery Ithorian pilot. You notice that Tagg was injured during your escape, and though a quick scan shows no vital spots were hit, it's still deep and likely painful. However, Tagg's expression and demeanor don't give any hint of pain. 

"Well, as you can see, we're hardly in need of saving." You trade dubious looks looks with your own crew at this remark. "Hey, not that I'm not grateful for the assist, but that was nothing more than a brief setback, and with a little more time..." Tagg's defensive rant is cut short by a flashing red light on a nearby comm panel. As Tagg reads the incoming transmission, his stoic expression gradually buckles under the weight of the gravity of the message he is reading. He turns to you and your crew. "My family's location has been discovered by the Empire. They've dispatched an elite agent. I have no way to warn them, they'll be sitting ducks." 

You ask him why the Empire is hunting his family. "Just a few weeks before the Republic fell, my first-born child had been identified as having Jedi potential and was selected to be enrolled in the Jedi Academy. My family has been forced into hiding ever since the Jedi were branded as traitors."  

Tagge looks up at you, now looking determined. "You're here to help me right? I need you to come with me to Ithor to help me protect my family." You explain to him that fighting a Sith assassin wasn't part of your contract. "No, but I'll bet retreiving that old hermit's holodisk from Tatooine was. And if you ever want to get your hands on that disk, and your reward, you'll help me. It's the right thing to do." You know he's right, though you're not quite sure for which reason. 
  • Each hero receives 3 XP. The Imperial player receives 2 XP. Heroes collectively receive 300 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 influence. 

If all Rebels are wounded or do not depart before turn 7:

Renegotiate
"Well, I can't say that went especially well, but I do appreciate the assist back there. Although hearing that you've been following us since we left Tatooine doesn't exactly put my mind at ease about having you on my ship." You explain to Tagg and his Ithorian pilot that you were secretly contracted by senator Bail Organa to retreive the holodisk given to him by Kenobi on Tatooine, and to bring him and his pilot to safety under Organa's protection.

"All makes sense now, I guess. I was happy to do anything that hurt the Empire after my family was forced into hiding when my oldest was suspected of having a connection to the Force." You resist the urge to chide him for being so talkative about such things in this day and age. 

Tagg reaches down and pulls a disk out of a compartment in the sole of one of his boots. "This is what you're after I suppose. Glad you're taking it off my hands, nasty Jedi stuff on there, wouldn't let my kids watch it." You pray that the disk is undamaged from its hiding place.

Tagg's pilot runs into the cabin and begins speaking frantically in his native language to Tagg. "No," he cries. "How could that be!? They must have a hunter who can sense other Force users." Tagg looks at you and your crew. "My family is in danger. I know a group of fighter pilots that will help me, but I need you to go and protect them in the meantime. Please, if you want me to come with you, you have to help me save them." It seems that you have no choice if you want to complete your contract and collect your pay, but you remind yourself to upgrade your contract with the senator later from sand people to Sith lord. 

• Each hero receives 2 XP. The Imperial player receives 3 XP. Heroes collectively receive 300 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 influence.

Epilogue for Cornered (The Grand Inquisitor, Sith Loyalist pack), the third mission.

At the end of round 5:

Rebel Scum

Although you've been given a reprieve thanks to the Y-Wing air strike, you know it won't be long until the Empire returns to finish the job, and you can't risk staying in the area any longer. You gather up the remaining survivors, who are still in shock from seeing their family members executed in front of them by stormtroopers and the Inquisitor's lightsaber.  

You can't believe the Empire would use such extreme prejudice against unarmed civilians, against children. And just because one of them was different, was special, which made all of them a threat. You look around at your crew and think about how different all of you are. Your apathy towards the Empire had been slowly chipping away, but now you feel it rapidly crumbling. 

Your ship's vid display pops open with the image of a teal skinned Rodian. You recognize it instantly as the bounty hunter Greedo, who was less than professionally courteous in your last encounter. "I can't believe it," he laughs boastfully. "You fools must have been pretty desparate to throw in your lot with the Rebels. Now half the galaxy is hunting for you! If you needed money that much, I'm sure Jabba would have given you a job scrubbing his throne room." You almost wish he could see you so you could show him one or two choice hand gestures. 

"It will be such a pleasure to collect the bounty on you myself. I'm coming for you, Rebel scum!" Greedo's final two words hang in the air as his message completes. You decide it's time to go to the hiding place Senator Organa gave you and lay low. You're surprised to catch yourself replaying Greedo's last words, and thinking maybe fighting against the Empire is the right thing to do. You must be crazy.

• Resolve the End of Mission event without resolving the Additional Rewards.
  • Each hero receives 3 XP. The Imperial player receives 2 XP. Heroes collectively receive 300 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.
  • The next active mission is "Top Target" (see Greedo, Ambitious Mercenary pack).

If all refugees are defeated or all heroes are wounded:

First Steps

Grief hangs heavy over your crew for the innocent souls lost. Your mind is stil reeling from what you just witnessed. Imperial stormtroopers murdering children. These were not casualties of war, not caught by a stray blaster bolt in a firefight with criminals, they were purposefully targeted and executed, their only crime being that one of them was born different. And that Sith hunter made sure there was nothing you could do to stop it. The memory of his sharp-toothed grin and yellow eyes still haunts you. 

You receive an encrypted transmission from Senator Organa. One of you was identified during your latest encounter with the Empire, and has now been labled as a public enemy of the state, with a price on their head and their mugshot being broadcast across the holonet. The Grand Inquisitor is now personally hunting you, as are a few low level bounty hunters. 

The Senator instructs you to take any passengers you've brought on board and go to a designated Rebel safehouse on Ord Mantell, and lay low until things quiet down. Getting the holodisk to Organa will have to wait. You sense that your brief career as a mercenary is coming to an end, but also that this perhaps is the beginning of something far more important.

• Each hero receives 2 XP. The Imperial player receives 3 XP. Heroes collectively receive 300 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.
  • The next active mission is "Top Target" (see Greedo, Ambitious Mercenary pack).

Then you play the finale, and are either captured by the Empire and lose or make a daring escape for the win!

Edited by Tvboy

Not a bad idea, it is also a way to make sure these missions get played.  My group still isn't interested in going after an ally even as tempting as Obi-Wan.

This is really a nice idea.  I like it.  Maybe you, or someone, could come up with some epilogues.

Edited by Rikalonius

There may be R1 or Rebels boxes in the future, so this may be solved at that point.

Until then your suggestion is a pretty good one.

I'll eventually make epilogues for this since I plan to do this with my own group. Sadly right now I can't find my Inquisitor pamphlet, although I think that will be the finale. 

tumblr_ob1yakVAiB1u8kvoio1_540.png

Epilogues to follow. I plan to fully incorporate wave 4 (smuggler and Bantha) as the second mission of this mini campaign, as they both conveniently involve rescuing a Rebel operatives and are time period neutral.

Edited by Tvboy

Ok, here's the epilogues for the first mission. I've come up with a pretty simple narrative to connect all the missions together smoothly, although I ended up making the Greedo mission the finale to make the story work. Tell me what you guys think. 

Mini-Campaign Additional Setup rules:
  • The Imperial player returns all cards in his Agenda deck that are played as side misssions or forced missions to the game box.
  • Each hero receives 3 XP and heroes collectively receive 400 credits per hero. Then, heroes resolve a Rebel Upgrade Stage, drawing 10 cards from the Tier 1 Item deck instead of 6.
  • The Imperial player receives 3 XP and performs and Imperial upgrade stage.
  • Read the opening crawl for "Edge of Oblivion", then read the story text aloud on the mission card for the Introductory Mission. 
Introductory Mission:  Deadly Transmission (Obi-Wan Kenobi pack)

If the Rebels destroyed all the relay stations.

I Will Be Your Guide
Kenobi waves his hand over the last of the Imperial troops and you release them back to their ships as they repeat the words spoken to them by the old wizard, seemingly convinced that the only thing for them to report to their commanders is a heavy Womp Rat infestation in the local area.

"You have my gratitude today," Kenobi tells you. "If not for your help, the galaxy's only hope may have been lost to the Empire." You have no idea what he's talking about, but you quickly accept his gratitude and ask him to skip to the part where the Rebel smuggler is being held.

"He was taken by Sand People after he left with the holovid that I gave him," Kenobi explains. "By the time I arrived, there was nothing I could do, and an Imperial scout spotted me. There's a Tusken camp in a canyon in the Jundland wastes to the east of here. You will probably find your man, and the data you seek, there."

"Wait," the old general orders as you turn to leave, eager to complete your mission and collect your pay. "The Jundland Wastes are no place for off-worlders to travel without a guide. You will need someone to show you the way," he says, his eyes suddenly focused on the present instead of the past. He stifles a small grin as he re-latches his lightsaber, throws up his hood and begins walking ahead of you. "It seems I may just be foolish enough to follow you on this dam fool idealistic crusade." You decide it's best not to tell him about the money.  
  • The next mission is "Into the Wastes" (see Bantha Rider pack).

If the relay stations were not destroyed before all the heroes were wounded or the end of round 6. 

May the Force Guide You
You create enough of a diversion to allow Obi-Wan to escape, and then pull your own disappearing act and rendezvous with him at his hut via an alternate route. You find him quickly packing a small satchel with supplies and a few small belongings. 

"Not to worry," he says, throwing his hood back and giving you a small, knowing grin. "I was able to make a slight alteration to their transmission before it was sent. My location here remains a secret. But the Empire remains, and now I must take steps to remove them. The thing that I protect on this planet is too precious to be allowed to fall into the hands of the Empire." Kenobi raises his head to gaze at the horizon, and you follow his gaze to see the faint view of a YT-2400 freighter lifting off and exiting the atmosphere, silhouetted against the fading light of the evening suns.

"Ah," chimes Kenobi, looking back at you,"it looks like your courier is more resourceful than we thought.  If credits are what you seek in life, and I am to correctly understand the terms of your contract with senator Organa, you may want to keep on eye on that ship to make sure the holovid that I gave to him arrives safely to its destination," Kenobi says, pulling his robes tightly around him, readying himself to embark into the cold desert night."I believe he said his next destination was Ryloth." 

As you sprint to your ship to catch up with the freighter, you cannot hear the old Jedi's final words to you, but somehow you are able to feel the words echoing around you, empowering you and filling you with a sense of hope. "May the Force be with you, always". 
  • The next active mission is "Precious Cargo" (see Alliance Smuggler pack). 
Edited by Tvboy

This is turning into something awesome!!!!

But one thing, in TS doesn't the winner of the mission get awarded 1 more XP than the loser?  Right now the rewards seem the same win or lose.  Definitely nit picking though great job!!

Obi-Wan is a force ghost.  Greedo is a family name, all 300 brothers and sisters are called Greedo.  The Inquisitor is a title, when he dies, his apprentice will don the makeup and robe.

I mean, you have dissonance with time period, but not with brutally murdering the crap out of Greedo in one mission then having him pop back up in the next?

Edited by Union
a1bert likes this

Epilogue for Into the Wastes (Bantha pack), the second mission if the Rebels won Deadly Transmission. Next up will be Epilogue for Precious Cargo (Smuggler pack), and then Cornered (Inquisitor pack). 

If the Imperial Officer is defeated:

You finally make it to the safety of your shuttle, and with everyone on board, your pilot takes off. After taking a moment to catch your breath and rehydrate, you step into the ship's cabin to check on Kenobi and your newest passenger. You learn that his name is Tagg Ronin, and he is in bad shape. His wounds suffered at the hands of the Tuskens and their Imperial leader are grave. 

Kenobi places his hands over the man's most grevious wounds. Tagg begins to visibly relax, and his breathing becomes more steady. "This man will soon be one with the Force. His family is in danger. One of their children has a connection to the Force, and they are being hunted by an especially deadly agent of the Emperor. Their current hiding place on Ithor will not be safe for much longer."

You ask him what will happen to them if they are caught, and you instantly regret it. His response is grim. "The Empire will kill them. And the child will face much worse." Your sense of honor and self-preservation have never been in greater conflict. Your crew begins to argue over whether to go to Ithor or deliver the data back to Coruscant. Nobody joined this crew to save the galaxy from tyrants.

"Please," you hear your doomed passenger wheeze, and you turn to see that he has struggled to force himself partially upright in spite of his injuries. "Please protect my family. They are all I have. When the Empire takes everything from you, family...," he struggles through the pain and tears, "is the only thing left." With a final breath, he closes his eyes and falls silent. You look around at your crew, your family, and there is no longer any argument. You turn to Kenobi "We'll handle this, old man. It's what our client would want anyway. Where should we drop you off?"

"Oh, I'm in no hurry to return," he says as he tends to the body. "I sense that our destinies are to intertwine a little while longer. It seems that there is hope for all of you yet."

If all heroes become wounded:

After escaping the Tusken camp, you double-back and pursue the Rebel's captors into the night, but not even Kenobi can match their native expertise of the area, and soon you cannot risk going further without becoming hopelessly lost. "Great, another mission botched!" one of you shouts, anger and frustration echoing in waves off the canyon walls. 

"Well, not exactly," says one of your more dextrous members, who pulls a holodisk out of their pocket. "I snagged it off of that gray-shirt during the scuffle and replaced it with a blank one. It'll be a while before he's even got a clue." Kenobi looks around at your group consolingly, "then it seems not all has been lost this day." Sadly, this gives you little comfort as you think back on the screams of the Rebel smuggler you were supposed to save as he was dragged away.

After you're picked up by your shuttle, you discover an encrypted message has arrived from Senator Organa. It's your next assignment, a family hiding out on Ithor is being hunted by the Empire because one of their children is a suspected Force sensitive. A deadly Sith assassin has been dispatched to find them, and has already narrowed down the system they're hiding in. You must protect them until starfighter support can be mustered to facilitate their escape.  

As you ready your gear for the mission ahead, you are surprised when Kenobi declines to be taken back to his hut. "The Jedi Knights were guardians of peace and justice. For too long have I been hidden on this planet, unable to help when I have seen others in need. Before I return to my sentry position here, allow me to lend you my skills and defend the innocent one last time." You nod, thinking to yourself, all you had to do was ask, old man. 
Edited by Tvboy

Epilogue for Precious Cargo (Alliance Smuggler pack), the second mission if the Rebel lose Deadly Transmission. I will probably gather all of these onto a Google Drive for easier access once they're all finished. 

If the heroes departed:

Laid Bare
You get chance to speak with Tagg and his crew, which consists only of an ornery Ithorian pilot. You notice that Tagg was injured during your escape, and though a quick scan shows no vital spots were hit, it's still deep and likely painful. However, Tagg's expression and demeanor don't give any hint of pain. 

"Well, as you can see, we're hardly in need of saving." You trade dubious looks looks with your own crew at this remark. "Hey, not that I'm not grateful for the assist, but that was nothing more than a brief setback, and with a little more time..." Tagg's defensive rant is cut short by a flashing red light on a nearby comm panel. As Tagg reads the incoming transmission, his stoic expression gradually buckles under the weight of the gravity of the message he is reading. He turns to you and your crew. "My family's location has been discovered by the Empire. They've dispatched an elite agent. I have no way to warn them, they'll be sitting ducks." 

You ask him why the Empire is hunting his family. "Just a few weeks before the Republic fell, my first-born child had been identified as having Jedi potential and was selected to be enrolled in the Jedi Academy. My family has been forced into hiding ever since the Jedi were branded as traitors."  

Tagge looks up at you, now looking determined. "You're here to help me right? I need you to come with me to Ithor to help me protect my family." You explain to him that fighting a Sith assassin wasn't part of your contract. "No, but I'll bet retreiving that old hermit's holodisk from Tatooine was. And if you ever want to get your hands on that disk, and your reward, you'll help me. It's the right thing to do." You know he's right, though you're not quite sure for which reason. 

If all Rebels are wounded or do not depart before turn 7:

Renegotiate
"Well, I can't say that went especially well, but I do appreciate the assist back there. Although hearing that you've been following us since we left Tatooine doesn't exactly put my mind at ease about having you on my ship." You explain to Tagg and his Ithorian pilot that you were secretly contracted by senator Bail Organa to retreive the holodisk given to him by Kenobi on Tatooine, and to bring him and his pilot to safety under Organa's protection.

"All makes sense now, I guess. I was happy to do anything that hurt the Empire after my family was forced into hiding when my oldest was suspected of having a connection to the Force." You resist the urge to chide him for being so talkative about such things in this day and age. 

Tagg reaches down and pulls a disk out of a compartment in the sole of one of his boots. "This is what you're after I suppose. Glad you're taking it off my hands, nasty Jedi stuff on there, wouldn't let my kids watch it." You pray that the disk is undamaged from its hiding place.

Tagg's pilot runs into the cabin and begins speaking frantically in his native language to Tagg. "No," he cries. "How could that be!? They must have a hunter who can sense other Force users." Tagg looks at you and your crew. "My family is in danger. I know a group of fighter pilots that will help me, but I need you to go and protect them in the meantime. Please, if you want me to come with you, you have to help me save them." It seems that you have no choice if you want to complete your contract and collect your pay, but you remind yourself to upgrade your contract with the senator later from sand people to Sith lord. 

Edited by Tvboy

Okay, here's the final epilogue needed to play the mini-campaign. This is for the third mission, Cornered (The Grand Inquisitor, Sith Loyalist pack). Then you play the finale, and either make a daring escape for the win or are captured by the Empire and lose. 

At the end of round 5:

Rebel Scum

Although you've been given a reprieve thanks to the Y-Wing air strike, you know it won't be long until the Empire returns to finish the job, and you can't risk staying in the area any longer. You gather up the remaining survivors, who are still in shock from seeing their family members executed in front of them by stormtroopers and the Inquisitor's lightsaber.  

You can't believe the Empire would use such extreme prejudice against unarmed civilians, against children. And just because one of them was different, was special, which made all of them a threat. You look around at your crew and think about how different all of you are. Your apathy towards the Empire had been slowly chipping away, but now you feel it rapidly crumbling. 

Your ship's vid display pops open with the image of a teal skinned Rodian. You recognize it instantly as the bounty hunter Greedo, who was less than professionally courteous in your last encounter. "I can't believe it," he laughs boastfully. "You fools must have been pretty desparate to throw in your lot with the Rebels. Now half the galaxy is hunting for you! If you needed money that much, I'm sure Jabba would have given you a job scrubbing his throne room." You almost wish he could see you so you could show him one or two choice hand gestures. 

"It will be such a pleasure to collect the bounty on you myself. I'm coming for you, Rebel scum!" Greedo's final two words hang in the air as his message completes. You decide it's time to go to the hiding place Senator Organa gave you and lay low. You're surprised to catch yourself replaying Greedo's last words, and thinking maybe fighting against the Empire is the right thing to do. You must be crazy.

• Each hero receives 3 XP. The Imperial player receives 2 XP. Heroes collectively receive 300 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.

First Steps

Grief hangs heavy over your crew for the innocent souls lost. Your mind is stil reeling from what you just witnessed. Imperial stormtroopers murdering children. These were not casualties of war, not caught by a stray blaster bolt in a firefight with criminals, they were purposefully targeted and executed, their only crime being that one of them was born different. And that Sith hunter made sure there was nothing you could do to stop it. The memory of his sharp-toothed grin and yellow eyes still haunts you. 

You receive an encrypted transmission from Senator Organa. One of you was identified during your latest encounter with the Empire, and has now been labled as a public enemy of the state, with a price on their head and their mugshot being broadcast across the holonet. The Grand Inquisitor is now personally hunting you, as are a few low level bounty hunters. 

The Senator instructs you to take any passengers you've brought on board and go to a designated Rebel safehouse on Ord Mantell, and lay low until things quiet down. Getting the holodisk to Organa will have to wait. You sense that your brief career as a mercenary is coming to an end, but also that this perhaps is the beginning of something far more important.

• Each hero receives 2 XP. The Imperial player receives 3 XP. Heroes collectively receive 300 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.
Edited by Tvboy
nickv2002 and FrogTrigger like this

Very cool project.  If you're up for coalescing everything together that would be really neat.  Perhaps a Github or Github Gist project written in Markdown if you're technically inclined.  Also putting everything in quote & spoiler blocks on your first post here would work well too. Example:

First Steps

Edited by nickv2002
FrogTrigger likes this

The spoiler tags were a great idea, I updated all of my posts. I've also made a more official looking opening crawl. I think for now I might move everything into the OP, but I'll figure out how I want to consolidate it all. 

FrogTrigger and nickv2002 like this