Sign in to follow this  
gryffindorhouse

Prequel Ships With Prequel Factions

5 years into the Empire, even the Emperor and Vader were riding Star Destroyers with a full completent of V-wings, and ARC-170s were also widely used. This was when the TIEs were brand new according to new-canon. But 8 years into the Empire, it seems that they had been fully replaced by TIE Fighters and TIE Bombers. While there were some early rebel cells active during that period, FFG might consider that too early to truly count as Galactic Civil War era. Thus, I guess it's a toss-up whether we'll see Imperial V-wings.

I kinda wish they had made the Alliance Overhaul title for the ARC-170 Rebel only, then we could have seen an Imperial version allowing them to put some new characters into ships that are already overly represented. Besides since it seems like we won't get Cienna Ree in a Tie Interceptor it would be somewhat funny to have her in an ARC 170 where she can fly against Thane in a stolen Rebel ARC 170.

With the Arc-170 comming "retrofitted" to the Rebels so could the rest of the Republic clonearea ships, and it would make sense to let the Sith/Geonosian seperatist ships enter into the "service of the Empire", while some of the Tradefederation droidships could be "salvaged" by Scum (here perhaps as a subfaction).

No it wouldn't the emperor led the republic against the separatists it makes no sense at all that he'd then turn around and use the forces that killed so many of its citizens.

However it's Canon in tarkin that the rebels used droid fighters.

Considering it is rather hard to classify CIS as Impreial and Republic as Rebels (since it would be the opposite politically) I would place them in a wheel.

X_wing_alliance_Wheel.png

You can only go to one adjacent faction not to both and not more than one. This allows for current subfaction groupings while bringing in the Republic and CIS factions from the prequels.

My first reaction was... No more factions, then I thought... Well just because I'll not be buying any new factions doesn't mean that it wouldn't be fun to play against some new factions. All I have to say is, if they ever come out with a wave that is missing a ship for the 3 existing factions... I'll drop this game like a hot rock.."You've been warned!" .. lol.

With the Arc-170 comming "retrofitted" to the Rebels so could the rest of the Republic clonearea ships, and it would make sense to let the Sith/Geonosian seperatist ships enter into the "service of the Empire", while some of the Tradefederation droidships could be "salvaged" by Scum (here perhaps as a subfaction).

No it wouldn't the emperor led the republic against the separatists it makes no sense at all that he'd then turn around and use the forces that killed so many of its citizens.

However it's Canon in tarkin that the rebels used droid fighters.

In "Lords of the Sith", Cham Syndulla's group (allies of the Rebellion, so it's close enough) also used salvaged droid fighters.

Maybe when Disney inevitably announces a remake of the prequels.

Depending on the results this could be bliss or worse than the ot special editions.  ^_°

Doubt it could be worse, honestly :P

There's no way remade prequels could be worse than what lucas made.

Is this just a troll or Star Wars haters honestly believe it?

As for now all evidence shows that they don't intend to change a singe frame in the preqels.

Depending on the results this could be bliss or worse than the ot special editions.  ^_°

Doubt it could be worse, honestly :P

There's no way remade prequels could be worse than what lucas made.

Check out Belated Medias "What if Episode (insert number) was good" series. Hes got some really cool ideas for fixing (there's that 4 letter word again) the prequels.

(3) Jedi Pilot (Republic)

Delta-7 Aethersprite

[2 attack]

[3 defense]

[2 hull]

[4 shields]

[ focus, target-lock, evade ]

{ [skill] [astromech] }

{ cost=? }

(6) *Obi-Wan Kenobi (Republic)

Delta-7 Aethersprite

[2 attack]      When defending, you may either add 2 {eye} results, or change all {eye} results to {evade} results (not both).

[3 defense]

[2 hull]

[4 shields]

{ [skill] [astromech] }

{ cost=? }

Dial:
 A-Wing Dial or:

5: {ahead: white} {U-Turn: red}
4: {ahead: white} {U-Turn: red}
3: {turns, banks, straits: green} {U-Turn: red}
2: {turns: white} {banks, straits: green}
1: {turns: white} {banks, straits: green}

Not sure of the dial, but here is the Sith Infiltrator:

(7) *Darth Maul (Separatist)

Sith Infiltrator

[3 attack]   After you receive 1 or more damage, or perform an attack that deals 1 or more damage, you may addign 1 focus token to your ship.

[2 defense]

[7 hull]

[6 shields]

[ focus, target-lock, cloak ]

{ [skill] [system]x2 [crew]x3 } ( cost=? )

*Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator

Darth Maul Only. Sith Infiltrator Only. Title.

After decloaking, you may perform a free attack.

(cost=?)

Suggestions?

Edited by gryffindorhouse

(8) *Jango Fett (Separatist)

Firespray-31

[3 attack]    Action: Perform a primary weapon attack, then receive 1 stress token.

[2 defense]

[6 hull]

[4 shields]

{ [skill] [cannon] [crew] [bomb] [missile] } ( cost=? )

And a new Slave 1 title:

*Slave 1

Firespray-31 only. Title.

Your upgrade bar gains:

1 bomb, and 2 missile icons.

When dropping a bomb, you may use any 1-2 speed templates.

Action: Flip 1 ordnance card faceup. Roll 1 attack die, on a crit, flip w equipped ordnance cards facedown.

(cost=?)

And a new (child) Boba:

*Boba Fett

Jango Fett only.

After performing an attack, you may remove 1 stress token from your ship.

(crew) (cost=?)

Yes, I know that they work VERY well together, but I designed it like that, and I think that it might not actualy be as powerful as it might seem.

The prequels are an important part of the Star Wars franchise and provided a wonderful wealth of beautiful ship designs that remain just as classic as some of my old favorites. Beyond that, I really couldn't see the need to introduce a fourth faction, especially since I was rooting for a Mandalorian faction, and that looks to be tied up with Scum & Villainy. So, while I wouldn't mind a fourth faction, more fun all around I say, I'd rather have Mandalorians as a fourth, and then you could potentially introduce Separatists as a sub-faction, just as the Old Republic could be a sub-faction, if that became necessary.

Important because they nearly tanked the franchise maybe but no other reason.

Someone might argue that The Clone Wars is one of the most beloved parts of star wars. But that would be someone who is interested in arguing about taste, prejudice and insanity. So definitely not me. :P

I really wish they would make a game for the prequel lovers out there. Then we wouldn't have to see these threads every two weeks. Also, it would make them visible as filthy prequel lovers and therefore more easily avoided.

Why do people need to say stuff like this?

If you don't like the prequels, fine, but don't make fun of or use name calling against those who do like them.

It's comments like these that can turn off new players to the game as they are likely younger and enjoy the prequels.